Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
going to see family down south at the start of next month so rather than visit then stay over we're travelling and staying the night before, which has been a great excuse for a first trip to bicester village! going with parents and we'll be getting there for 11ish on a friday, honestly i'll be needing any and all advice you have. been to cheshire oaks and once to york but not sure if the mcarthur glen ones work a bit differently

we'll probs be getting dinner in cheltenham (staying near montpellier gardens) so any recs there would be amazing too!

Reactions: 3
going to see family down south at the start of next month so rather than visit then stay over we're travelling and staying the night before, which has been a great excuse for a first trip to bicester village! going with parents and we'll be getting there for 11ish on a friday, honestly i'll be needing any and all advice you have. been to cheshire oaks and once to york but not sure if the mcarthur glen ones work a bit differently

we'll probs be getting dinner in cheltenham (staying near montpellier gardens) so any recs there would be amazing too!
There are more high end shops at Bicester than York/Cheshire Oaks, there aren’t as many high street or cheaper shops mixed in at Bicester (as an example theres no cadbury shop 🤣🤣) and you sometimes have to queue to get in - Burberry has had the longest queue the last few times I’ve been - so if you’re wanting specific shops do those first. Some shops do virtual queuing when it’s mega busy but I’ve never done it and you should be ok on a Friday morning.

You’ll have a great day!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Love a Bicester outing! I’m like you and live a couple of hours away so only go if we are driving south. It can be busy, not sure if they still do the virtual queuing at the popular stores like Gucci and Dior? If so, visit the ones you want to visit first and get in the virtual queues so you don’t miss out. They then text you so there’s no hanging about. Enjoy!

• Heart
I need to cut back on the class a/b's.

Thought the topic title said "designer helmets".

Tattle could do with a designer helmets thread though IMHO.

Then it would be perfect.

(ones you put on your head. Not purple sex helmets)

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I went to Bicester back in May and the only shop that had a really long queue was Dior, but there is a man who works there (I forgot his name but he's so sweet) who came round the queue and took photos of everything in the store and the prices on an iPad and let us look through the iPad to decide if it was worth queuing to get in! Maybe if you see any long queues but you're unsure of if to queue or not ask if they can do the same because it's such a waste to queue only to get in and there be nothing you want

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If they can’t sell these for £35 there’s no hope :) trying to sell mulberry and Alexander McQueen and nobody’s biting at £70 mark when they’re good condition? I don’t understand it, these are great items :)
I only and exclusively buy second hand Mulberry now. The new leathers and designs are tragic. I miss the classic English branding. It’s far too “trendy” now imho.

Reactions: 5
I only and exclusively buy second hand Mulberry now. The new leathers and designs are tragic. I miss the classic English branding. It’s far too “trendy” now imho.
Agreed

Its availble so cheaply on the preloved market that it really doesnt make sense to buy new unless I've a voucher

I think Mulberry know this as they have a whole secondhand/preloved section now!

it’s a bit rubbish though, I personally think sellers on Vinted etc underprice. I saw a £20 Bayswater on eBay and I just want to say stop itttt you’re driving the resale value down for everyone
---
But hey, it means made in England ones are used twice and last again and again, if there’s no demand for them to make new ones in China hopefully they’ll stop doing it and polluting :)

Last edited:
Hello 👋. I’m fairly new to owning designer items although I am still “low-end” at the moment (I grew up quite poor and am still in that mindset, I guess). Hoping it’s okay to ask here and do let me know if you think I can do better or if you have any alternative suggestions. Backstory is that I bought a Ted Baker bag (my first ever “designer” bag!) from the McArther Glen outlet in York in October last year and it has already broken in a way that I can’t just sew it back together; I suppose that’s what I get for purchasing from an outlet. I’m looking to replace it with a Rebecca Minkoff Edie Flap shoulder bag - my question is are there any physical shops in England that sell RM items as I like to look at things in person before I buy them, especially if they are expensive, and is RM a good brand? Or do you have any alternative bag suggestions? I’m looking for a bag that’s black (as my TB bag was my “dark” bag and it’s now broken), can be dressed up or down, has multiple compartments inside so I can organise my bits and bobs, and a slip pocket at the back. To give you an idea, my other everyday bags are:
- Coach Cassie in light pink (which I love) - this is my 2nd designer bag. Had I known that my Ted Baker bag was going to break, I would have just purchased it in black and I wouldn’t be having this issue 😩
- Fossil Jasmine crossbody in tan/floral

Thank you (especially if you made it this far) 🙂

Hello 👋. I’m fairly new to owning designer items although I am still “low-end” at the moment (I grew up quite poor and am still in that mindset, I guess). Hoping it’s okay to ask here and do let me know if you think I can do better or if you have any alternative suggestions. Backstory is that I bought a Ted Baker bag (my first ever “designer” bag!) from the McArther Glen outlet in York in October last year and it has already broken in a way that I can’t just sew it back together; I suppose that’s what I get for purchasing from an outlet. I’m looking to replace it with a Rebecca Minkoff Edie Flap shoulder bag - my question is are there any physical shops in England that sell RM items as I like to look at things in person before I buy them, especially if they are expensive, and is RM a good brand? Or do you have any alternative bag suggestions? I’m looking for a bag that’s black (as my TB bag was my “dark” bag and it’s now broken), can be dressed up or down, has multiple compartments inside so I can organise my bits and bobs, and a slip pocket at the back. To give you an idea, my other everyday bags are:
- Coach Cassie in light pink (which I love) - this is my 2nd designer bag. Had I known that my Ted Baker bag was going to break, I would have just purchased it in black and I wouldn’t be having this issue 😩
- Fossil Jasmine crossbody in tan/floral

Thank you (especially if you made it this far) 🙂
Hey! Sorry to hear about your ted baker bag :( Have you looked at Coach tabby bags? Or Charles and Kieth? They do a really nice bag, I think it’s the “cesia”

Reactions: 2
I bought a Rebecca Minkoff bag from
Selfridges many years ago so maybe check there but can’t think of anywhere else 🤔

Reactions: 1
Sorry to hear your bag has broken - how annoying. Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a slightly higher end (and therefore hopefully better quality) bag pre-loved. The pre-loved market is a great place to pick up really good quality bags at massively reduced prices - you'll definitely get more bang for your buck.

The Ted Baker bag breaking so soon is disappointing and annoying, but oh well, I guess it gives me an excuse to buy something higher quality.

Hey! Sorry to hear about your ted baker bag :( Have you looked at Coach tabby bags? Or Charles and Kieth? They do a really nice bag, I think it’s the “cesia”
Ooh, I did actually consider a Coach Tabby messenger bag a while back, but completely forgot about it until your comment just now. Will re-consider 😊
I've heard of Charles & Keith but never really looked into them. I prefer medium-sized crossbody satchel-type bags where possible as I have to carry quite a bit of stuff around when I'm out (phone, house keys, car key, wallet, medications, tissues/napkins, anything that Mr IDK doesn't want to carry himself 😂) and like to have my hands completely free.

I bought a Rebecca Minkoff bag from
Selfridges many years ago so maybe check there but can’t think of anywhere else 🤔
Ah thanks, I actually did go to Selfridges in the Trafford Centre at the weekend... I may have to go back! I saw my dream bag in there though - Chanel Classic Flap - which I looked at and then ran out of the shop just in case I got told off for touching it 🤣

Sorry to hear your bag has broken - how annoying. Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a slightly higher end (and therefore hopefully better quality) bag pre-loved. The pre-loved market is a great place to pick up really good quality bags at massively reduced prices - you'll definitely get more bang for your buck.
Definitely! I bought my Coach Cassie on Vinted. Ironically, after I had already bought my Cassie in light pink (after searching for one for what felt like ages!), I saw lots of black ones for sale on Vinted and didn't buy any as I already had my black Ted Baker bag... and now they're seemingly nowhere to be found again haha

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.