Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have recently inherited a bit of money and want to buy a nice designer bag...now I cannot decide between LV speedy 30 bandouliere or the Gucci Marmont matelasse shoulder bag .....ooooh I know it is such a first world problem but which would you decide on and why? Very different bags I know , but they are ones I have admired for a good while..
I got that Gucci bag (in black) for Christmas last year. It’s a gorgeous bag but only really suitable for nights out or very minimalist days out. As it’s leather it’s a little heavy for the size, it doesn’t fit loads anyway, pretty much just the essentials.

I only got that cos I did need a black evening bag, i have an LV mono bag that’s a good size for everyday use.

So if you want a bag that you will get lots and lots of daily use out of, I suggest to get the Speedy B.

My dilemma is Speedy B 25 v Alma BB both in damier ebene! And I really wanted a Pochette Accessories in damier azur for the summer/lighter months, but it seems they don’t offer it anymore :-(

Reactions: 3
I have recently inherited a bit of money and want to buy a nice designer bag...now I cannot decide between LV speedy 30 bandouliere or the Gucci Marmont matelasse shoulder bag .....ooooh I know it is such a first world problem but which would you decide on and why? Very different bags I know , but they are ones I have admired for a good while..
I’ve got a Marmont matelasse and an Alma BB so sort of similar 😆

I love and use both bags but I personally think it depends on your style and what you’re going to use the bags for.

The Speedy (or even an Alma) are slightly bigger but Marmont holds a purse, keys, phone, lipstick (and 2 epi pens) and both can be dressed up or down.

Did you have a preference?

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a Marmont matelasse and an Alma BB so sort of similar 😆

I love and use both bags but I personally think it depends on your style and what you’re going to use the bags for.

The Speedy (or even an Alma) are slightly bigger but Marmont holds a purse, keys, phone, lipstick (and 2 epi pens) and both can be dressed up or down.

Did you have a preference?
Mmmm I think I am leaning towards the speedy, as much as I love the Gucci , I think I would only use it occasionally which is very much like my YSL Lou , I think it is quite a dressy bag, whereas I use my LV pochette metis a lot more. I think I would rather have bags that I actually use rather than sitting in a dust bag for months on end...so will probably go for the LV

Thanks everyone for your input, really appreciated

I'm looking for a real leather backpack. Smallish in black. I can't find anything I like and tbh I'm not that bothered about the brand. It can be a small local craftsman.
Does anybody have a recommendation?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have a Loewe Puzzle bag? I’m working up to a winter bag purchase and the Puzzle is piquing my interest.

Or if anyone can rec/point me in the direction of a cross body which comes with a top handle too? I love the new Fendi Baguettes which have both cross body strap and top handle but £3k is a little spenny 😬

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Loewe Puzzle bag? I’m working up to a winter bag purchase and the Puzzle is piquing my interest.

Or if anyone can rec/point me in the direction of a cross body which comes with a top handle too? I love the new Fendi Baguettes which have both cross body strap and top handle but £3k is a little spenny 😬
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere the puzzle bag is being discontinued. Not sure if that changes your mind 🙂

• Wow
This is what I meant, sorry tired mum. But I agree the new style isn’t as nice as the old one.
😂 sorry, I wasn’t correcting you (Incase you thought that 🤣) 💗 yep the new style just isn’t as appealing.
I think the girl says the current style is being discontinued, but then I’ve read otherwise 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you both! Yes I prefer the original too. Wonder if it’ll affect resale prices at all (cos I’ll buy pre-loved probably)

😂 sorry, I wasn’t correcting you (Incase you thought that 🤣) 💗 yep the new style just isn’t as appealing.
I think the girl says the current style is being discontinued, but then I’ve read otherwise 🤷🏼‍♀️
No don’t worry, I should have said the current style was being changed. When I said discontinued it made it sound like the puzzle bag would stop being sold so didn’t want to cause a panic 😂

Thank you both! Yes I prefer the original too. Wonder if it’ll affect resale prices at all (cos I’ll buy pre-loved probably)
I saw on a FB page for luxury items a couple of months ago that Harrods had priced it incorrectly and loads of people had snapped it up! Of course I only saw this well after the event 🫠 I like the puzzle too. Quite like the A4 puzzle tote - and it’s leather🩷

• Heart
I saw on a FB page for luxury items a couple of months ago that Harrods had priced it incorrectly and loads of people had snapped it up! Of course I only saw this well after the event 🫠 I like the puzzle too. Quite like the A4 puzzle tote - and it’s leather🩷
God if only eh?! ❤

Found it!!! Missed a trick here 🩷 I only dip in and out of FB but this page seems good; the ladies are knowledgable and they also buy/sell with no fees👀 Some (decent) reviews on the Puzzle @Dizzy x
Thank you lady! Absolute star!! I think I’m a member of that one actually but rarely use FB. Will investigate x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.