Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVE Maje. I have one of the fringed crochet bags, and it's amazing. Fits lots, quality is really good, and it's bright orange. I also have a dress from them (got for xmas woo). Which bag you after?

Here's my crazy baby. Also has a shoulder strap. I clash it with everything and don't care šŸ˜Ž
I want this one: https://uk.maje.com/en/bags/shop-by...MIrdmhsfirhQMVDIhQBh1NSQCSEAQYASABEgLAE_D_BwE

I think it's so cute and I love the studded strap. If I get a bonus at work, I think I might get it.

Yours is so nice, I love the fringing on all of them

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve decided I want a speedy. Itā€™s the first designer bag I ever fell in love with as a teenager reading fashion magazines so I want to add it to my collection.

I remember how cheap they were when I first discovered them and 13 year old me thought wow Iā€™ll never have that much moneyā€¦ if only I knew how expensive they would get šŸ˜­šŸ¤£

Does anyone have one, do you recommend buying new or getting second hand? I love the old, beat up style and that suits my overall style more, but then do I want the in store experience and brand new bag thatā€™s only mine foreverā€¦.
I love the look of the speedy 25 but itā€™d annoy me having to carry it by the handles all the time, so personally Iā€™d pay the extra for the speedy 25 bandouliere to wear it hands free.

i see lots of used speedys for good prices on the secondhand market but sadly hardly any speedy bā€™s. Whenever I see a used speedy b itā€™s always very close to retail price!

I bought very old used keepalls for me and my husband in sizes 50 and 55 respectively. I looooove those so much, I would love to have the speedy b 25 as a little scaled down versions of those. But itā€™s so darn expensive I donā€™t know if I ever will :-(

Reactions: 1
I had a vintage speedy 25 but sold it after a few months. I loved the bag but it didn't work with my lifestyle ie carrying by top handles. Shame cos I loved the bag!

I LOVE the LV neverfull for a practical day to day tote if Iā€™m feeling fancy šŸ˜‚ā€¦I also agree that aspinal is classic and cleanā€¦.i think theyā€™re just quite classy bags generally :)ā€¦albeit a bit more on the boring side ā˜ŗā€¦.my dream bag would actually be the classic Chanel but apparently the quality isnā€™t there anymore?

I LOVE the LV neverfull for a practical day to day tote if Iā€™m feeling fancy šŸ˜‚ā€¦I also agree that aspinal is classic and cleanā€¦.i think theyā€™re just quite classy bags generally :)ā€¦albeit a bit more on the boring side ā˜ŗā€¦.my dream bag would actually be the classic Chanel but apparently the quality isnā€™t there anymore?
I bought a light pink Chanel lambskin flap bag from an auction house in my city last year (or year before, I canā€™t remember) and I think I worked it out that itā€™s from 1997. Iā€™ve personally nothing to compare it to because itā€™s my first (and most likely last, sadly) Chanel bag. But the hardware is perfect, bright, deep gold, nice color, solid. One can just see and feel the quality is so good.

From what I have read, customers of current bags are saying that the hardware is nowhere near as good, and that the cheaping out is obvious.

Canā€™t remember if I posted it here before, but here she is in all her glory.

1712562656894.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This weekends purchase šŸ˜ Iā€™ve wanted a Goyard for a while now, I was torn between this and a vintage Chanel flap, but decided Chanel can be a next year purchase as a 30th gift to myself šŸ˜…
IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hey guysā€¦ havenā€™t been on this thread for awhile so I hope youā€™re all well and I just had a question!

What is the actual benefit to shopping with a personal shopper? Iā€™m just a bit confused because I follow a few on Instagram and they seem to be getting discounted stuff but I just donā€™t understand how? I was just about to place an order, but Iā€™m really paranoid about the items being fake, even though he has brilliant reviewsā€¦

Iā€™m wanting Oran sandals but I donā€™t have an Hermes store near me so I thought it might be best to either order online or go through a personal shopper?

Hey guysā€¦ havenā€™t been on this thread for awhile so I hope youā€™re all well and I just had a question!

What is the actual benefit to shopping with a personal shopper? Iā€™m just a bit confused because I follow a few on Instagram and they seem to be getting discounted stuff but I just donā€™t understand how? I was just about to place an order, but Iā€™m really paranoid about the items being fake, even though he has brilliant reviewsā€¦

Iā€™m wanting Oran sandals but I donā€™t have an Hermes store near me so I thought it might be best to either order online or go through a personal shopper?
Which one is it? Iā€™d recommend either either anika_personalshopping or conniecollective - they are both proper. Anika works for Selfridges and Connie did and has now gone it alone. They have access to either stock in the stores that they can get their hands on first, or they also work directly with the brands at being able to get a lot of the rarer sold out pieces. For Hermes Iā€™d go to these two

A lot of the other ā€œpersonal shoppersā€ now are also legit, but they wonā€™t have an association with any shop or brand and theyā€™re more just people buying to re-sell at a profit - which is fine if youā€™re just desperate for something sold out or in a rush. For example my ex-friend runs @Crepzstation, they donā€™t have any real affiliation with the brands but they make it their mission to get sold out stuff or source it, then charge people over the odds. But as they work with a load of footballers it gets them a good rep, as theyā€™ll probably be doing it for less profit for them. It also gives people the luxury of going ā€œI want these new Dior shoes in a 9 in this colourā€ and then it becomes my friends mission to look for them, buy them and re-sell to them at this premium and the footballers donā€™t have to lift a finger. They do also sell things under RRP when they can get hold of bulk amounts from brands.

On the FLIP side, some of the more un legit personal shoppers can be fake

Reactions: 3