Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Ooh raffia from Aspinal. I love me some raffia
Ooooh nice!

Everything’s too expensive is the issue. And too available as well so there’s no point in buying things for exclusivity. This is an Hermes group I’m in for example- look at this Kelly just being chucked around second hand. Years ago you’d have to go on a waitlist even to buy new

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Everything’s too expensive is the issue
Agreed, from what I’ve seen (so not all the market by any stretch!) price rises have done a major number on performance. I know there’s a lot to be said for branding etc but idk, there’s also a lot to be said about brands understanding their markets & the state of the economy.

Rates are apparently due to go up after months of rumours of them dropping this year so it’ll only get worse (at least in the UK).

Reactions: 4
I’m nearly priced out now tbf. It used to be ok to splurge, but now it’s just too much. I’ve got a few classics ( birkin, Kelly and a couple of Chanel’s) but I bought them before the price hikes- after saving up. I couldn’t do that anymore, the price hikes have made it impossible to save as quickly and I’d just feel ripped off rather than excited/proud.

Reactions: 10
It just doesn't appeal to me so much when two companies own everything. They have all been chasing the chinese money for the last decade, now hopefully it will blow up in their faces.

I've seen it before and really love it, but I could never! That green is not me. I'm a black background girl
---
FIrst time Osprey buyer as I was looking for a leather weekender. Most of them are discounted to around £250 at the moment plus I got an extra 10% off as a first time buyer. The code works on already discounted items.
So if anybody is in the market for some leather go have a look
---
Oops actually 20% off even if not first time buyer with code travel

Last edited:
I've seen it before and really love it, but I could never! That green is not me. I'm a black background girl
---
FIrst time Osprey buyer as I was looking for a leather weekender. Most of them are discounted to around £250 at the moment plus I got an extra 10% off as a first time buyer. The code works on already discounted items.
So if anybody is in the market for some leather go have a look
Be brave! Get some colour. I love me some colour lol

How does everyone store their pieces? Do you have them on display so you can see them all the time, or do you need them in their dust bags/boxes in a cupboard. I decided that I wanted to have mine on display so I bought this off FB marketplace with the intention of upcycling. I’m just rebuilding the collection. I went through a stage a few years ago where I sold loads of stuff but definitely got the bug back 💗

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im gonna be honest, im really bad and just shove everything in under bed storage, in my wardrobe or in draws. I dont have the patience or space to display like influencers do.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Im gonna be honest, im really bad and just shove everything in under bed storage, in my wardrobe or in draws. I dont have the patience or space to display like influencers do.
Yeah fair enough. I only did it because I was forgetting I had things so I thought if I had them on display I’d use them more 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mines in dust bags apart from one that I use all the time. But I have them in a shoe rack in my room because I will forget what I've got. But it's not displayed as it's either in the boxes or just the dustbags

Hi 👋 new to this thread. I am in Florida on holiday and I went into Tory Burch at the outlet mall. Seen some lovely purses and sunglasses. Is this a good brand? Really liked it but a bit more than I expected to pay. Thanks x

Hi 👋 new to this thread. I am in Florida on holiday and I went into Tory Burch at the outlet mall. Seen some lovely purses and sunglasses. Is this a good brand? Really liked it but a bit more than I expected to pay. Thanks x
You can’t claim tax baack in the US. So if you aregoing to europe wait untill then so you can claim tax back

Tory Burch is good quality. You could possibly consider Kate Spade or Coach too, they usually have better reductions at outlet than Tory Burch.

For anyone storing them in areas they could be exposed to sunlight would recommend researching uv filter glass. The same applies to framed art & ultrasounds, I’ve never bothered with it for clothes or bags most of mine are shoved at the bottom of my wardrobe or shoes just piled up on the shoe racks next to crocs and trainers lol 🧌