Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@beautyblogger123 i went to the Edinburgh pop up after seeing your message, it was incredible! Sadly I went way too late and they didn’t have my size in any of the shoes I liked ☹ they close the pop up today! I really wanted the ballerinas in black so I took the SAs contact details

I also tried these trainers but they were surprisingly really uncomfortable 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻
That sounds awful. He didn’t deserve your commission. My wish for you in to have a Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman moment and flounce back into him, eye him up and down and then go spend your dough where they treasure you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻
I’m so sorry that sounds awful ☹ out of curiosity did you go to LV in Dubai mall? They’re always so busy in there, they gave me good service but I was very dressed up 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t know if that makes a difference

Reactions: 1

No joke I’d have told him to duck off the minimum wage prick 😂 I’m so sorry. Don’t ever change who you are or how you’re dressed so that some stuck up SA will find you worthy of their time. He wasn’t worthy of your time. Keep being you and at the end of the day materialistic things don’t really matter ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
@beautyblogger123 i went to the Edinburgh pop up after seeing your message, it was incredible! Sadly I went way too late and they didn’t have my size in any of the shoes I liked ☹ they close the pop up today! I really wanted the ballerinas in black so I took the SAs contact details

Oh those are gorgeous, I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get your size! wasn't it fun to explore?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh those are gorgeous, I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get your size! wasn't it fun to explore?!
Yes!! All the rooms were incredible and it felt so luxurious and beautiful, everyone was so so nice as well! Thank you so much, I’m on the hunt for nice flat shoes, the ballerinas are so elegant 🙂 they had my size in the beige but I wanted the black! I need a half size bigger though

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oooh good choice! Those are my absolute favourites! I’m also sure Chanel are going to price them above £1000 at any moment, so I’m trying to buy whilst I can 😂😂😂

Oooh good choice! Those are my absolute favourites! I’m also sure Chanel are going to price them above £1000 at any moment, so I’m trying to buy whilst I can 😂😂😂
Omg good point 🤣🤣 you’ve made me anxious to get them as soon as possible now! 🤣

• Haha

Oh no, these are my dream trainer🙃 How were they uncomfortable, I need to know! And were they true to size? I have seen some preloved but now I’m unsure x

Oh no, these are my dream trainer🙃 How were they uncomfortable, I need to know! And were they true to size? I have seen some preloved but now I’m unsure x
So they had strips of fabric or I think it was stitching? On the inside of the shoe, which stuck out against my foot 🤣 sorry that’s an awful explanation! Maybe it was more obvious with the thin pop socks I used to try them on, but I couldn’t wait to put my new balance trainers back on 😭 they looked great though for sure, but at £1000+ for an uncomfortable trainer I couldn’t justify it lol

• Sad
Omg good point 🤣🤣 you’ve made me anxious to get them as soon as possible now! 🤣
I tried the beige ones in New York and really loved them! I didn’t get them though because I can’t return a US purchase in EU and my buyers remorse wouldn’t let me. I’ll try pop into their Bond Street branch and see if I can get the black ones before they hike up the price😩

Attachments

• Heart
I tried the beige ones in New York and really loved them! I didn’t get them though because I can’t return a US purchase in EU and my buyers remorse wouldn’t let me. I’ll try pop into their Bond Street branch and see if I can get the black ones before they hike up the price😩
Good idea, they’re so pretty and a nice flat staple shoe! I’m on holiday next week as well, I’ll pop into Chanel at Heathrow to see if they have them, they don’t do tax free anymore though 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Good idea, they’re so pretty and a nice flat staple shoe! I’m on holiday next week as well, I’ll pop into Chanel at Heathrow to see if they have them, they don’t do tax free anymore though 😭
Where are you going? If you buy them abroad you can claim tax back

Where are you going? If you buy them abroad you can claim tax back
Turkey! I checked online and they are about £870 in turkey, they’re £780 here. I’m not sure how much the tax back is though, it would need to be at least £90 to be worth it to buy them there x

I have recently inherited a bit of money and want to buy a nice designer bag...now I cannot decide between LV speedy 30 bandouliere or the Gucci Marmont matelasse shoulder bag .....ooooh I know it is such a first world problem but which would you decide on and why? Very different bags I know , but they are ones I have admired for a good while..

I have recently inherited a bit of money and want to buy a nice designer bag...now I cannot decide between LV speedy 30 bandouliere or the Gucci Marmont matelasse shoulder bag .....ooooh I know it is such a first world problem but which would you decide on and why? Very different bags I know , but they are ones I have admired for a good while..
I would go LV (but I’m a fan of the classics)

I got my speedy as an 18th birthday present (currently in my 30s) and it’s lasted so well. It’s really hard wearing (it’s literally been run over by a car), and it’s aged really nicely. I can even squeeze my laptop in it. It’s also amazing as a hand luggage bag as it literally holds everything you could possibly need.

I second the LV but i am a massive LV fan!! My biggest regret is not buying my Speedy 35 in 2010 when it was £410 😭 think it was around the £800 mark when I got it. And the price keeps creeping up!

Great bag, a classic LV piece, very practical and roomy.

Reactions: 4
I would go LV (but I’m a fan of the classics)

I got my speedy as an 18th birthday present (currently in my 30s) and it’s lasted so well. It’s really hard wearing (it’s literally been run over by a car), and it’s aged really nicely. I can even squeeze my laptop in it. It’s also amazing as a hand luggage bag as it literally holds everything you could possibly need.
Thank you
I think I will probably buy one .. which print do you have?
I already have the pochette Metis in emprente black leather so will possibly go with a brown print, maybe Damier Ebene ?

Thank you
I think I will probably buy one .. which print do you have?
I already have the pochette Metis in emprente black leather so will possibly go with a brown print, maybe Damier Ebene ?
Ooh gorgeous. I go for the classic monogram - but I do t think you can go wrong with the speedy - you’ll have to share your new baby!