Designer Items #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜³ the ones you had to pay the extra Ā£75 for?! What are you going to do?!
Yep! šŸ™„ Iā€™ve opened a dispute with eBay/the seller and will also be claiming the Ā£75 back as Iā€™ll be returning them. The seller was really cheeky and included an Amex transaction receipt (although not the actual Hermes receipt) as ā€˜proofā€™ of their authenticity but itā€™s clearly not from the purchase of this pair of sandals.

Iā€™ll hand it to her - theyā€™re good copies but the box and dust bags were dead give aways and when I started to compare the sandals themselves it was obvious.

Be aware peeps šŸ‘€

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Yep! šŸ™„ Iā€™ve opened a dispute with eBay/the seller and will also be claiming the Ā£75 back as Iā€™ll be returning them. The seller was really cheeky and included an Amex transaction receipt (although not the actual Hermes receipt) as ā€˜proofā€™ of their authenticity but itā€™s clearly not from the purchase of this pair of sandals.

Iā€™ll hand it to her - theyā€™re good copies but the box and dust bags were dead give aways and when I started to compare the sandals themselves it was obvious.

Be aware peeps šŸ‘€
How did you pay? If it was credit card then also sonthe old charge back

How did you pay? If it was credit card then also sonthe old charge back
I did, yeah - for this exact reason! The seller hasn't responded which is making me 'kin' livid so I'll have to wait for eBay to step in in a couple of days time. Not sure whether to start the chargeback or wait for eBay's reaction first? šŸ¤” With the chargeback, will I have to return the goods? I'm loathe to send them back to her so she can fool someone else but if i go through eBay I will have to.

Does anyone have an LV Capucines BB size? I've always wanted one, just wanted to see if anyone would recommend or if there's any other suggestions for a bag of that size/value?

I said no bag buying today.

Then I saw a lovely night out bag + got Blue Light discount so I now own this šŸ˜‚ did have tartan type patterns but I wanted a solid colour this time lol
Its beautiful may have to add to my Vivienne collection.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Its beautiful may have to add to my Vivienne collection.
It's my first Vivienne bag (I have some wonderful earrings) but hadn't seen one I truly loved - plus was a bit of a bargain! Good old Bicester Village extraordinary sale lol

I did, yeah - for this exact reason! The seller hasn't responded which is making me 'kin' livid so I'll have to wait for eBay to step in in a couple of days time. Not sure whether to start the chargeback or wait for eBay's reaction first? šŸ¤” With the chargeback, will I have to return the goods? I'm loathe to send them back to her so she can fool someone else but if i go through eBay I will have to.
Start the charge back at the same time and just inform your credit card company that youā€™ve requested a refund.
I recently had a similarish issue and amex was super helpful. I kept them in the loop and in the end they refunded me

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Start the charge back at the same time and just inform your credit card company that youā€™ve requested a refund.
I recently had a similarish issue and amex was super helpful. I kept them in the loop and in the end they refunded me
Thank you - havenā€™t done a chargeback for years but will start it tomorrow. The cheeky bastard still hasnā€™t acknowledged my message šŸ˜”

• Angry
Iā€™ve ordered the metal Celine triomphe sunglasses after they finally came back into stock! I hope they look good after the price tag!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone ever used a rental service? (Please donā€™t shoot me) Iā€™m headed to a footballers house in a couple of weeks for a childā€™s birthday party and the pressure to fit in is intense! I tend to stick to wallet on chain as a more affordable price point for my own purchases but last time I attended one of these types of parties I really struggled to carry anything useful for an afternoon with a toddler, Iā€™m in need of a ā€œmum bagā€ realistically, bucket or crossbody potentially? Iā€™m thinking of renting one for the weekend but thereā€™s so many websites itā€™s hard to know which to trust, has anyone got a recommendation?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever used a rental service? (Please donā€™t shoot me) Iā€™m headed to a footballers house in a couple of weeks for a childā€™s birthday party and the pressure to fit in is intense! I tend to stick to wallet on chain as a more affordable price point for my own purchases but last time I attended one of these types of parties I really struggled to carry anything useful for an afternoon with a toddler, Iā€™m in need of a ā€œmum bagā€ realistically, bucket or crossbody potentially? Iā€™m thinking of renting one for the weekend but thereā€™s so many websites itā€™s hard to know which to trust, has anyone got a recommendation?
I know the pressure is there but you do youšŸ«¶šŸ¼. Though WOC is a great choice if you have one imo. Interested to know: is it like Real Housewives when youā€™re therešŸ‘€?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know the pressure is there but you do youšŸ«¶šŸ¼. Though WOC is a great choice if you have one imo. Interested to know: is it like Real Housewives when youā€™re therešŸ‘€?
No the ones I know happen to be lovely and very down to earth, they do the drop off for nursery, go to the supermarket themselves etc thereā€™s no drama theyā€™re just normal guys and the wives, whilst having shiny cars and handbags, are also pretty normal. The ones I find are all bling and drama are the ones trying to compete with new money, Iā€™ve got a neighbour who decided to start inflating her face at the tender age of 24, a nursery mum who purchased a lady dior bag and you better believe itā€™s coming on the school run or to soft play, and donā€™t forget the sodding Wards who are a plague upon our fair county and Iā€™m so glad to see them bleeping off across the world!

• Haha
No the ones I know happen to be lovely and very down to earth, they do the drop off for nursery, go to the supermarket themselves etc thereā€™s no drama theyā€™re just normal guys and the wives, whilst having shiny cars and handbags, are also pretty normal. The ones I find are all bling and drama are the ones trying to compete with new money, Iā€™ve got a neighbour who decided to start inflating her face at the tender age of 24, a nursery mum who purchased a lady dior bag and you better believe itā€™s coming on the school run or to soft play, and donā€™t forget the sodding Wards who are a plague upon our fair county and Iā€™m so glad to see them bleeping off across the world!
One of my friends has a Prem footballer friend and they go to some flash parties but she is down to earth, and says the guys are lovely.
agree about the Wards, awful family. Met Dawn once and she was VILE!

I used By Rotation for my daughters prom. The dress wasn't suitable (not the lenders fault) but the process was easy and I'd used again for a big event.

If you can afford to why not buy a decent leather bag from a small/new designer? Imo good quality leather never looks out of place. Plus if they are as noce as you say then there wonā€™t be any judging
PS donā€™t forget to share the gossip!

If you can afford to why not buy a decent leather bag from a small/new designer? Imo good quality leather never looks out of place. Plus if they are as noce as you say then there wonā€™t be any judging
PS donā€™t forget to share the gossip!
Thereā€™s someone invited to this party who is possibly the richest person Iā€™ve ever met, and I feel strangely intimidated and like I need battle armour, if that makes sense? I wear a Lou camera bag day to day as my grab and go mum bag, but Iā€™m thinking for this event I need something higher end (and well out of the price range Iā€™m willing to spend on currently!)
---
I used By Rotation for my daughters prom. The dress wasn't suitable (not the lenders fault) but the process was easy and I'd used again for a big event.
Thank you so much Iā€™ll check them out!

Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little ventšŸ˜¢ itā€™s my birthday and Iā€™ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and Iā€™ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

Iā€™m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said ā€œIā€™m not sure youā€™d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist youā€

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said ā€œok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right directionā€ and he just rolled his eyes and said ā€œI suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait hereā€

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, Iā€™ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like itā€™s put such a downer on my day ā˜¹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasnā€™t the sort of ā€œwealthy customerā€ he was used to so I wasnā€™t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time Iā€™m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer šŸ‘ŽšŸ»

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little ventšŸ˜¢ itā€™s my birthday and Iā€™ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and Iā€™ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

Iā€™m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said ā€œIā€™m not sure youā€™d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist youā€

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said ā€œok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right directionā€ and he just rolled his eyes and said ā€œI suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait hereā€

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, Iā€™ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like itā€™s put such a downer on my day ā˜¹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasnā€™t the sort of ā€œwealthy customerā€ he was used to so I wasnā€™t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time Iā€™m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer šŸ‘ŽšŸ»
Iā€™m so sorry you had such bad service, how disheartening! What a snooty little stuck up little prick to speak to you that way. Totally unacceptable.

Been to the LV at New Bond Street a couple of times this year. Weekdays, walk ins, no appt. They are not rude or stuck up there. I never particularly dress ā€˜properlyā€™ when I go there either. I tend to dress for comfort on shopping trips. So please do try there.

Tiffany and Ferragamo round there are friendly, welcoming and helpful too.

Popped into Chanel just to have a gander (canā€™t imagine anytime from now being able to afford anything from there, sadly), and they too were not snooty at all, they were really friendly, not pushy or anything, didnā€™t follow us round etc.

Youā€™ll have a fab time shopping in London (go on a weekday) ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 7