Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know of a jewellery brands which have delicate real gold and precious stone evil eye bracelets?

Does anyone have a designer baby bag? Whether that’s tote or proper one?
This is going to be such an unpopular opinion but you’re so right pls get a nice tote you/mum can use forever & not one of the designated “baby” bags! It’s entirely down to personal preference which tote but just make sure you get a wet bag to put soiled clothing or fabrics into, you can get great ones from IKEA inexpensively. Also possibly an unpopular opinion but just to be aware that oftentimes you’ll have to leave your buggy downstairs/outside classes or your bag on the side of a room whilst you sit and play so something to consider on whether it’s something you/mum are comfortable with.

(I die thinking of how many Gucci monogram early 00s school satchel shaped monstrosities must live at the bottom of wardrobes - they’re horrific 🤢)

Reactions: 3
This is going to be such an unpopular opinion but you’re so right pls get a nice tote you/mum can use forever & not one of the designated “baby” bags! It’s entirely down to personal preference which tote but just make sure you get a wet bag to put soiled clothing or fabrics into, you can get great ones from IKEA inexpensively. Also possibly an unpopular opinion but just to be aware that oftentimes you’ll have to leave your buggy downstairs/outside classes or your bag on the side of a room whilst you sit and play so something to consider on whether it’s something you/mum are comfortable with.

(I die thinking of how many Gucci monogram early 00s school satchel shaped monstrosities must live at the bottom of wardrobes - they’re horrific 🤢)
Yes definitely! I use a designer bag daily, why should that be taken away from me when it comes to my mum bag which I’ll use even more 😂 plus I want it to be sturdy. I think I’m going to go second hand to be fair! I don’t have an insane budget or anything. I used to love the Givenchy Bambi tote and actually think that’s very sweet, but think it’s had its day potentially. But it’s an option! Willing to look at proper baby bag options but so many are ugly or talking close to a thousand for the Gucci etc ones.

Ooooo maybe this! I really wanted it for my birthday last year. It’s big enough, sturdy and cute. My boyfriend wanted me to get it in black though for durability.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Yes definitely! I use a designer bag daily, why should that be taken away from me when it comes to my mum bag which I’ll use even more 😂 plus I want it to be sturdy. I think I’m going to go second hand to be fair! I don’t have an insane budget or anything. I used to love the Givenchy Bambi tote and actually think that’s very sweet, but think it’s had its day. But it’s an option! Willing to look at proper baby bag options but so many are ugly or talking close to a thousand for the Gucci etc ones
Aw congrats on your pregnancy! ❤ the one thing I will say is be aware of the hormones pumping through your veins right now, I wanted to paint a massive yellow sun in my LO’s room, thank god I didn’t as we then sold that house a year later. Remember you can always give yourself time to think, time to use some of your existing bags and see what you think!

I know a lot of those baby bags are over buggy handlebars but something else to consider is the weight of carrying a child on a hip/front, personally wouldn’t want to do that with a tote too. I used a backpack throughout and found it really handy, especially when going to a park. Mine is coming up to school age and I’d still use a backpack when we go out now, maybe a cross body if it was just around the corner and I didn’t need to pack activities lol.

Other everyday luxuries I loved when pregnant/a new mum - a kindle, AirPods (you can wear just the one when walking about with baby, similarly when night feeding), ember smart mug, and entirely free but the killer sudoku app 😂❤

Even more unpopular opinion: spend your cash on a bag that’s just for you (probably a crossbody, as you really need all hands free when you are a mum!) and get a sturdy rucksack for baby stuff. Again hands free, and also you and your partner can both just take it without having to decant baby stuff from a designer tote into a bag that he deems manly enough to take when he’s with the baby! 🤣
Edit: posted at same time as HTRIA re backpacks!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Even more unpopular opinion: spend your cash on a bag that’s just for you (probably a crossbody, as you really need all hands free when you are a mum!) and get a sturdy rucksack for baby stuff. Again hands free, and also you and your partner can both just take it without having to decant baby stuff from a designer tote into a bag that he deems manly enough to take when he’s with the baby! 🤣
Edit: posted at same time as HTRIA re backpacks!
Couldn’t agree more tbh! I think we both said the same about laptop bags too 🫣 I used the same bag I’d use to commute with a laptop (just a fjallraven) throughout mat leave & even now.

Something to consider with whites etc are the locations you’re going to spend the next year in - hospitals, church halls, community centres, coffee shops, etc. These aren’t the cleanest of places, just look at the bottom of your socks after a play group 🤢 and you wouldn’t ever choose to take a stark white bag into that environment!

Agreed re cross body bag. Also remember that as their “need” pile diminishes their “want” pile increases so you swap nappies, wipes, and a portable mat for 2-3 teddies that had to come out with you. It’s such a massive switch in lifestyle that I’d honestly suggest waiting until you feel a bit more settled in and find ur mum feet before committing to a bag, especially if it’s a treat.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone have any experience of the YSL Le 5 a 7 Supple tote? I "need" :rolleyes: a tan bag and I'm stuck between this one

LE 5 À 7 SUPPLE small IN GRAINED LEATHER | Saint Laurent | YSL.com

And this Celine

AVA BAG IN TRIOMPHE CANVAS AND CALFSKIN - TAN | CELINE

Quite different I know but I like the timeless, Parisienne vibe of them both.

I previously ordered this Celine but returned it as the adjustable poppers were so stiff I couldn't actually refasten them once I'd managed to undo them (which I thought was pretty tit on a £1800 bag)

MEDIUM AVA STRAP BAG IN SMOOTH CALFSKIN - TAN | CELINE

I've also seen that Loewe have released a Mini Pebble Bucket but not keen on that big gold button thing.

Mini Pebble Bucket bag in mellow calfskin Oak - LOEWE

Thoughts or any other suggestions?
Love the black YSL and the tan Celine 😍😍😍, does the YSL come in tan?

• Heart
Just seen the Kate Moss/COSMOS collaberation for Anine Bing. It's a strange fit for me for some reason.

Love the black YSL and the tan Celine 😍😍😍, does the YSL come in tan?
I love the YSL in black too and yes, it does come in tan. I think that's what I'm gonna go for.

OAN, I bought a great little Fendi Baguette from Farfetch a couple of weeks ago. First time buying pre-loved from Farfetch but I got it for a good price and it is immaculate, would recommend checking them out if anyone's in the market for a "vintage"/pre-loved bag.

Reactions: 5
I got the black version of the YSL recently and I took a bit of a risk because I hadn’t seen it in real life. But was really pleased with it when it arrived, it’s so chic and beautiful. It’s actually smaller than I was expecting but I’m short so it’s perfect for me!
I can’t comment on the wear and tear but the grained leather looks like it will be pretty hard wearing.

• Heart
the 5 a 7 ysl is gorgeous and on my ~nice bag when i graduate~ shortlist (although a tote would probably be more practical as i'm not sure the large would fit a laptop)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got the black version of the YSL recently and I took a bit of a risk because I hadn’t seen it in real life. But was really pleased with it when it arrived, it’s so chic and beautiful. It’s actually smaller than I was expecting but I’m short so it’s perfect for me!
I can’t comment on the wear and tear but the grained leather looks like it will be pretty hard wearing.
Thanks for the feedback, it’s such a beautiful bag especially in the black. Glad you love yours. I’m also hoping the grained leather will wear well.

• Heart
So the Liberty Beauty Drop is going to charge an extra £5 per month which won’t get added to your account. Really disappointed, but not surprised. I’ve not really like the last couple of boxes, so I think that’s the end of it for me 😟

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I am looking at buying my fiance a watch as a wedding present, is Tissot a good brand? He wants a Breitling but i cant justify £8k on a watch he will barely wear 😅 ive found a Tissot that looks similar to the Breitling he wants just unsure if it’s a good brand.

I am looking at buying my fiance a watch as a wedding present, is Tissot a good brand? He wants a Breitling but i cant justify £8k on a watch he will barely wear 😅 ive found a Tissot that looks similar to the Breitling he wants just unsure if it’s a good brand.
Have a look at your local Costco. They sell designer watches for a thousand or so cheaper than in store.
They often have Breitling and Tissot at mine. Sometimes even Chanel

• Wow
Hey guys! I’ve not been here in ages (just been a lurker mclurk) but it was one of my big birthdays this weekend so I thought I’d share one of my presents off my hubbie. They won’t be for everyone but I was smitten when I saw them online and even more so when they arrived. They are so sparkly 😍

Excuse the foot pic but they are STUNNING 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.