Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THank you everybody. I've never even thought of Kate Spade but if everybody is recommending then I'm clearly missing out

Reactions: 3
Another Kate Spade fan here. I also rate Aspinal, good price point and quality is great.
Aspinal is banging. Had my work bag a year now, used to lug around my laptop and other crap on the regular. Looks new. Kept telling my (slightly new money snobby) friend to consider them for her work bag but as it wasn't a "main brand" she wouldn't entertain it. Her loss lol it's the most solid bag I own 🤣
---
THank you everybody. I've never even thought of Kate Spade but if everybody is recommending then I'm clearly missing out
Her stuff is so pretty. I have 3 bags, earrings and I want clothes 🤣 but yeah their sales are v decent and really lovely stuff

Aspinal is banging. Had my work bag a year now, used to lug around my laptop and other crap on the regular. Looks new. Kept telling my (slightly new money snobby) friend to consider them for her work bag but as it wasn't a "main brand" she wouldn't entertain it. Her loss lol it's the most solid bag I own 🤣
---

Her stuff is so pretty. I have 3 bags, earrings and I want clothes 🤣 but yeah their sales are v decent and really lovely stuff
Yeah, specifically looking for some clothing. Actually really like Maje that was also suggested

Reactions: 1
Yeah, specifically looking for some clothing. Actually really like Maje that was also suggested
Also me 🤣 I love Maje.

Got a dress for xmas from a friend (yep I'm a lucky witch) but was my old size...I lost weight, they wouldn't exchange it...only refund (which annoyed me as was a £200 bloody dress!)...so found a seamstress instead because its stunning. https://uk.maje.com/en/ready-to-wea...&ranSiteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-7BDUjalpVR.W_3q6EqTj6Q

I have a crazy orange crochet Maje bag aswell which I adore.

APC, aligne, sezane, lf markey, with nothing underneath, lora gene, there’s a lot of independent clothes makers/jewellers on Insta too.

Also me 🤣 I love Maje.

Got a dress for xmas from a friend (yep I'm a lucky witch) but was my old size...I lost weight, they wouldn't exchange it...only refund (which annoyed me as was a £200 bloody dress!)...so found a seamstress instead because its stunning. https://uk.maje.com/en/ready-to-wear/collection/dresses/123rayemise/3661601881824.html?utm_source=rakutenadvertising&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=2523611&utm_content=Lyst+UK/EU&utm_term=frnetwork&ranMID=46865&ranEAID=gcdL/ATRVoE&ranSiteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-7BDUjalpVR.W_3q6EqTj6Q

I have a crazy orange crochet Maje bag aswell which I adore.
I would love to see your style. I bet your one if those people who wears 20 different colours and six different patterns and look like you should be in vogue.
I mainly stick with black 😂
---
APC, aligne, sezane, lf markey, with nothing underneath, lora gene, there’s a lot of independent clothes makers/jewellers on Insta too.
Thank you! Will have a look at these too

I would love to see your style. I bet your one if those people who wears 20 different colours and six different patterns and look like you should be in vogue.
I mainly stick with black 😂
---
I definitely do clash colours on the regular 🤣 I don't follow trends, but I do aspire to some of the vintage ladies I follow and wish I had the balls to rock what they do!

Only semi benefit of being tall, I stand out anyway so may aswell attempt to look OK doing so 🤣 I'll happily wear green with an orange crochet bag and chunky boots ahahah

I’m looking for some brands that aren’t lux designer but more affordable and good quality. Similar to See by Chloe. Not Tommy Hilfiger or CK
Strathberry leather is lovely and very well priced, tanner leatherstein recently made a video with a glowing review for them, and I really love the Songmont Luna bag for the versatility of changing into 4 different styles

Designer ish....but a flipping bargain (at time of posting size 4,5,7 & 8 left (£7.50...nothing is a fiver there anymore 🤣 like poundland lol)

These were (and sliders still are) £55 on Ted Bakers website

Strathberry leather is lovely and very well priced, tanner leatherstein recently made a video with a glowing review for them, and I really love the Songmont Luna bag for the versatility of changing into 4 different styles
Never heard of the Luna bag before and I love it, thank you! Do you know where you can buy them in U.K.? Or is it just a matter of ordering direct?

I’m still tempted by a Polene bag which are similarly priced but really mixed reviews recently.

Reactions: 2
Never heard of the Luna bag before and I love it, thank you! Do you know where you can buy them in U.K.? Or is it just a matter of ordering direct?
I ordered direct and they shipped with fedex, used my credit card just in case I needed to do a chargeback but all went smoothly. I’ve found it a total saviour as I can never be bothered shipping my contents to different bags 😂

• Heart
Other French brands like Maje you might like are Sandro (owned by same company) and Sezane (though you may already have come across Sezane!).
---
I’m still tempted by a Polene bag which are similarly priced but really mixed reviews recently.
I have one, the Umi I think it’s called? I really like it. The design makes it slightly annoying to get things in or out of but it’s held up really well for maybe a year now. I had been considering buying another actually. What were the bad reviews about. Issues in quality?

I just got this one, cyme mini in taupe. It was on pre order for 2nd feb but came really early last week! I felt like I was lacking a tote bag and could come in useful as a boujee beach bag when I go to Dubai in April lol (as long as it doesn’t go mad in the Middle East!).

I also have the numero dix in taupe which I love.

I feel like the quality is good!
21C1041C-16A2-49BB-9850-8900B0DD7D08.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Thanks Polene fans! I love the one posted and considered it but if I go for it i think I’ll get the Numero Dix. I’ve ordered a Celine Ava and am waiting for it to be delivered but it is speeeeeenny so I’m hoping to be underwhelmed by it, return it and try the Numero Dix.

I read a few reviews saying quality has dipped, leather not wearing well, that kind of thing.

• Heart
Thanks Polene fans! I love the one posted and considered it but if I go for it i think I’ll get the Numero Dix. I’ve ordered a Celine Ava and am waiting for it to be delivered but it is speeeeeenny so I’m hoping to be underwhelmed by it, return it and try the Numero Dix.

I read a few reviews saying quality has dipped, leather not wearing well, that kind of thing.
I’ve read the same, leather quality and craftsmanship dipped after covid, also that the returns process and customer service isn’t great. Spotted they had quite the price hike recently too, not sure what they’re thinking!

TK Maxx have a few preloved LV items. Also a fair bit of Chloe (bags etc) too
---

I also love this 🤣 love a feather, love the hideous of it. Love tacky lol

Last edited:
I’m having a dilemma, I purchased a Strathberry Mosaic Shopper on sale for £200, I was elated but after three weeks I haven’t reached for it once, mainly as I’m worried about dye transfer on such light leather. My daily bag is black as that’s what goes with wardrobe and it’s low maintenance but the zipper has broken, I’m now wondering if I should swap to the black mosaic shopper, but it’s £70 more. What would you do? Which looks like the nicer colour?

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.