Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m having a dilemma, I purchased a Strathberry Mosaic Shopper on sale for £200, I was elated but after three weeks I haven’t reached for it once, mainly as I’m worried about dye transfer on such light leather. My daily bag is black as that’s what goes with wardrobe and it’s low maintenance but the zipper has broken, I’m now wondering if I should swap to the black mosaic shopper, but it’s £70 more. What would you do? Which looks like the nicer colour?
Keep the light colour and just treat it with a leather protector if you are that concerned

Reactions: 1
I prefer the look of the lighter one but for practicality, I personally would go for the black. Nice bags.

yes agreed.
I had a light grey bag and even with a leather protector there was still transfer. It's likely if you wear dark clothes.

The Boîte Chapeau Mini… I really want her but I don’t know if it’s ridiculous to pay that much for a bag that can’t fit anything in 😭

Is anyone investing in the Vestiaire crowd fund? This round of investment puts their val at 1.2bil EUR, they’re looking to raise 1.0mil EUR from customers. I’m not sure how I feel about it, allegedly they’re close to profitability so it doesn’t feel like a dire straights thing, will research more now but have signed up for access regardless of decision lol.

Is anyone investing in the Vestiaire crowd fund? This round of investment puts their val at 1.2bil EUR, they’re looking to raise 1.0mil EUR from customers. I’m not sure how I feel about it, allegedly they’re close to profitability so it doesn’t feel like a dire straights thing, will research more now but have signed up for access regardless of decision lol.
In this economy I would not invest in a "near" profitable company that is crowdfunding

Reactions: 10
Absolutely not lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How can something so small and simple bring you so much joy? 🥹 (Decided to add some ✨ to my make-up bag)

IMG_2331.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Went to BV yesterday. Disappointing (bar they did have the Longchamp basket bags...I behaved though and reminded myself I already own a basket 🤣).

Reactions: 3
Can anyone help with bag suggestions?🥰 I’m looking for something on the smaller side- a black cross body style bag. So far…
LOVE Chanel wallet on chain. Just don’t know if I can justify the prices these days🫠
YSL Lou camera bag is catching my eye..
I’ve come across a Gucci GG Marmont chain wallet that I don’t hate too.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations welcome. ❤

Reactions: 2
Can anyone help with bag suggestions?🥰 I’m looking for something on the smaller side- a black cross body style bag. So far…
LOVE Chanel wallet on chain. Just don’t know if I can justify the prices these days🫠
I own all 3!

Chanel WOC - a classic but really doesn’t hold a lot, phone and maybe lipstick, you would need a classic flap for proper daily bag I think. Current range is only in lambskin which damages so easily, caviar is much harder wearing but you would need to buy preloved for that

YSL Lou camera bag - fantastic daily bag, really hard wearing and spacious, largest of the three options. I have it in so black which unfortunately does chip easily, and the tassel can be irritating at times, but great value for what you get

Gucci Marmont bag - also a great daily option although it is slightly wider and shorter so depends on what you carry with you day to day. My hardware has lasted well although colour transfer on the lighter leathers is a nightmare (but aren’t they all!)

Have you considered a Loewe puzzle or a Strathberry mosaic? The Loewe is a bit bulkier but holds a huge amount, the flamenco is also a great option if you add a longer chain and can be worn both cinched and smoothed out. Strathberry is made in the same region of Spain as some of the high end alternatives and the quality is amazing for the price, I always get compliments when I wear mine!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
LV has some really nice smaller bags. I have a bubblegram in blue that I love

I own all 3!

Chanel WOC - a classic but really doesn’t hold a lot, phone and maybe lipstick, you would need a classic flap for proper daily bag I think. Current range is only in lambskin which damages so easily, caviar is much harder wearing but you would need to buy preloved for that

YSL Lou camera bag - fantastic daily bag, really hard wearing and spacious, largest of the three options. I have it in so black which unfortunately does chip easily, and the tassel can be irritating at times, but great value for what you get

Gucci Marmont bag - also a great daily option although it is slightly wider and shorter so depends on what you carry with you day to day. My hardware has lasted well although colour transfer on the lighter leathers is a nightmare (but aren’t they all!)

Have you considered a Loewe puzzle or a Strathberry mosaic? The Loewe is a bit bulkier but holds a huge amount, the flamenco is also a great option if you add a longer chain and can be worn both cinched and smoothed out. Strathberry is made in the same region of Spain as some of the high end alternatives and the quality is amazing for the price, I always get compliments when I wear mine!
Amazing 😍 thank you!!! I don’t really carry much, literally my phone, lipbalm, keys, and a card holder (although that wouldn’t necessarily be needed if the bag has card slots🙂). I’ll check all of those out, thank you ❤

I have the Lou Camera bag. I have the beige colour and find it to be such a care free bag. I use it most days and take no care of it and it still looks lovely. I agree with the previous poster in that the tassel is annoying, I’ve removed it.
You might prefer the mini version if you don’t carry much around as the regular fits sooo much! I thought of getting the mini for myself recently and I think it was only available from places like Selfridges.

Does anybody own Skims shapewear? Is if worth the price tag?
Am looking for a bodysuit that will suck in the stomache and smooth lumps

Anyone have any experience of the YSL Le 5 a 7 Supple tote? I "need" :rolleyes: a tan bag and I'm stuck between this one

LE 5 À 7 SUPPLE small IN GRAINED LEATHER | Saint Laurent | YSL.com

And this Celine

AVA BAG IN TRIOMPHE CANVAS AND CALFSKIN - TAN | CELINE

Quite different I know but I like the timeless, Parisienne vibe of them both.

I previously ordered this Celine but returned it as the adjustable poppers were so stiff I couldn't actually refasten them once I'd managed to undo them (which I thought was pretty tit on a £1800 bag)

MEDIUM AVA STRAP BAG IN SMOOTH CALFSKIN - TAN | CELINE

I've also seen that Loewe have released a Mini Pebble Bucket but not keen on that big gold button thing.

Mini Pebble Bucket bag in mellow calfskin Oak - LOEWE

Thoughts or any other suggestions?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.