Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It depends how deep you want to get into it all/what you want from it. I’d argue the whole quiet luxury thing is a classist self congratulatory delusion with very little depth to it. It depends what you’re interested in tbh - business, ethics, creative, environment, collecting, models, etc etc!

Diet prada on Insta is a very good generalist account with good social values, but isn’t fixated on consumerism - like they won’t tell you what to buy or push aff links. But the iykyk stuff isn’t really pushed in that way through influencers etc anyway really.

Idk, for developing your own wardrobe/personal brand, personally I really like Liberty for directing purchases, even if to help guide what I look for on eBay/Vinted as try to be a preloved girly as much as possible! Just think they curate a lot of quality/interesting pieces and brands that are a bit different. Same with small indie brands, if you’re after quality/things that don’t fit into the naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetic you’d be best going down the sustainable insta route!
Well I live in the epicentre of naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetics, so whilst I’m not looking to wear head to toe LV emblems I also don’t want to choose completely unknown/unique pieces, if no one knows them then what’s the point, I could just buy a leather bag from Next and call it a day 😕 Trying to find the middle ground, brands that are up and coming, or well known without being blingy, or older classic european brands that haven’t been worn to death over here yet, Delvaux, Moynat etc

Reactions: 3
I've seen a preloved Alma BB in epi leather on Vinted for £500! It doesn't come with the long strap and has some wear in the photos, but just concerned for such a low price it might look a lot more worn in person. Beautiful light pink colour though
I saw that. Luxe Collective have the same bag
This is a true beauty. I shall share photographs upon her arrival ❤ I've never seen one like it but then it's usually an "inquire for price" bag on the LV website lol preview

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It depends how deep you want to get into it all/what you want from it. I’d argue the whole quiet luxury thing is a classist self congratulatory delusion with very little depth to it. It depends what you’re interested in tbh - business, ethics, creative, environment, collecting, models, etc etc!

Diet prada on Insta is a very good generalist account with good social values, but isn’t fixated on consumerism - like they won’t tell you what to buy or push aff links. But the iykyk stuff isn’t really pushed in that way through influencers etc anyway really.

Idk, for developing your own wardrobe/personal brand, personally I really like Liberty for directing purchases, even if to help guide what I look for on eBay/Vinted as try to be a preloved girly as much as possible! Just think they curate a lot of quality/interesting pieces and brands that are a bit different. Same with small indie brands, if you’re after quality/things that don’t fit into the naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetic you’d be best going down the sustainable insta route!
Couldn’t love this enough!!!
---
Well I live in the epicentre of naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetics, so whilst I’m not looking to wear head to toe LV emblems I also don’t want to choose completely unknown/unique pieces, if no one knows them then what’s the point, I could just buy a leather bag from Next and call it a day 😕 Trying to find the middle ground, brands that are up and coming, or well known without being blingy, or older classic european brands that haven’t been worn to death over here yet, Delvaux, Moynat etc
I like following Andrea Cheong, she’s defo got a quiet luxury vibe, but also goes through ethics and sustainability to guide purchases. She does designer and high st.

Reactions: 3
I also don’t want to choose completely unknown/unique pieces, if no one knows them then what’s the point,
This is a really interesting conversation in general and I love that you referred to being in the epicentre so this isn’t me being shady in the slightest: but sounds as if following more middle class influencers would cover you for what you’re after? Obvs class is far more complex than clothing alone but if you don’t wanna see any ghastly dino stomper trainers with leggings & a Chanel bag & horrific long puffer then the ex mag/literary industry lot who went into Insta mamahood sounds up your street. Just not the ragamuffin ones lol of which there are many.

Reactions: 6
This is a really interesting conversation in general and I love that you referred to being in the epicentre so this isn’t me being shady in the slightest: but sounds as if following more middle class influencers would cover you for what you’re after? Obvs class is far more complex than clothing alone but if you don’t wanna see any ghastly dino stomper trainers with leggings & a Chanel bag & horrific long puffer then the ex mag/literary industry lot who went into Insta mamahood sounds up your street. Just not the ragamuffin ones lol of which there are many.
I’m still trying to figure out my own personal style, historically I’ve just worn whatever my friends are into but now I’m wanting to try out different looks and find what’s comfortable for me, but with a fun side of adhd rejection sensitivity trying to guide me towards safety it’s a little daunting to branch out too far! We’re quite sustainable at home and the vast majority of my purchases, designer or otherwise are preloved, for now I’m wanting to just learn more about the different brands out there and try to build a collection that I’m both proud of and comfortable with, without feeling like I either stick out too much or have wasted my money. Not sure if this makes any sense, but yes to answer from before I’m surrounded by premiership footballers and £100m+ truly wealthy individuals, some of those are quite subtle in their day to day lives, others not so much 😂

Reactions: 4
I follow lots of pages on insta, Diet Prada and also Sheer Luxe, Slip into Style and similar. I like the clothes they portray and also they fit in with what I like and know what suits me, my lifestyle and shape. I also follow influencers in my age group to see what they are wearing and where they shop - though when they start shilling everything for £££ it’s annoying as they’ve then lost their true style!
I don’t follow any particular trends - I’m in my 40s but don’t think about my age and wear what I want. As you get older I think cut and shape of fabric helps to look luxe, can’t wear the same clingy fabrics I used to 20 years ago! I also look at the premium lines of high street brands - H&M premium and trend lines have some lovely pieces that you can invest in and wear for years - doesn’t have to be designer. Having said that, I am partial to a logo now and again but also like the IYKYK brands out there. Also I have to say - you can’t beat leather pants - I have leggings, trousers, shorts and they just look fab with EVERYTHING!🫶🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really want a khaite scarlet cardigan. Does anyone own one? I bought the 2 recent H&M dupes in black and cream but I really like the army green real one.🥹

Hello designer gurus, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into when it would be best to buy a Mulberry bag? There is 20% off full price Mulberry in House of Fraser just now and I doubt the Christmas sale would be any more than that, but wanted to ask the opinion of you helpful people. It's a bayswater Mulberry bag, if that's any use.

Reactions: 2
Hello designer gurus, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into when it would be best to buy a Mulberry bag? There is 20% off full price Mulberry in House of Fraser just now and I doubt the Christmas sale would be any more than that, but wanted to ask the opinion of you helpful people. It's a bayswater Mulberry bag, if that's any use.
Is it for you or a gift?

If you're near a designer outlet like Bicester Village they'll always do good prices (and have private sales etc).

If preloved there's a few places - Cuckoos Nest, Cheltenham do alot of well priced Mulberry with Bayswater bags. Addicted to Handbags do aswell.

Anyone know where I can find the serial number stamp on the LV Rosalie Monogram wallet? I just received it (from LV.com) but can't find its serial number anywhere. My Zoé (from 5 years ago) has this in the inside back slip pocket.

What bag do you want? I’d like a mini Alexa in black but the discount doesn’t seem to work on it 😩

Anyone know where I can find the serial number stamp on the LV Rosalie Monogram wallet? I just received it (from LV.com) but can't find its serial number anywhere. My Zoé (from 5 years ago) has this in the inside back slip pocket.
If its new - LV stopped date coding in 2021 & have chips etc now

• Heart
I think if you really want a certain bag then a 20% discount is very good, I don’t recall Mulberry themselves being very forthcoming with discounts, I am a member of a certain Facebook group named ‘exclusively Mulberry’ probably someone on there would have a lot of knowledge on how often discounts are available etc…

I think Sports Direct/HOF own a chunk of Mulberry now! There are some reductions on Mulberry on Flannels website but the current promo code isn’t valid ☹

Talking of Flannels, i was going to order online during their f&f event. Then I saw this.
I dislike Flannels immensely😂 said it on these threads before. I think someone said they knew someone who said they dealt with seconds🤦🏽‍♀️. The customer service is terrible, there used to be a phone line - I know because it cost me £40 to use it! It was a premium rate number. I ordered some Gucci trainers and one was scratched and scuffed 🫤 all the sports direct companies are horrible tbf

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Thank you for all the information. They went ahead with it as they have been coveting it for years so went ahead in case they regretted it later! Thanks

I detest Sports Direct and no longer buy from House of Fraser or Flannels because they are such (to quote my mother) fly by nights. Horrible company.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.