Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello designer gurus, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into when it would be best to buy a Mulberry bag? There is 20% off full price Mulberry in House of Fraser just now and I doubt the Christmas sale would be any more than that, but wanted to ask the opinion of you helpful people. It's a bayswater Mulberry bag, if that's any use.
Mulberry bags are hardly ever on sale- I own a few and never managed to get one on sale. John Lewis had a few models on sale around Xmas last year so worth keeping an eye, if I recall up 20% discount.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Mulberry bags are hardly ever on sale- I own a few and never managed to get one on sale. John Lewis had a few models on sale around Xmas last year so worth keeping an eye, if I recall up 20% discount.
They had 20% off in store yesterday when I walked through too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello designer gurus, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into when it would be best to buy a Mulberry bag? There is 20% off full price Mulberry in House of Fraser just now and I doubt the Christmas sale would be any more than that, but wanted to ask the opinion of you helpful people. It's a bayswater Mulberry bag, if that's any use.
You can shop with Mulberry Bicester village via WhatsApp, they will send you photos and details etc. Might be worth contacting them to see what they have in stock. I got my Bayswater from them years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I want to by myself a nice watch. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. I always loved Cartier but now Rolex has also caught my eye 👀👀👀

Anyway for those who do have a luxury watch can you wear it all day everyday? Are they hardy?
I wear a eatch all the time doing all activities, so just because it’s luxury doesn’t mean I will save it for special occasions.
I’m starting to lean more towards Rolex but the question is are they worth the price for everyday wear?

I want to by myself a nice watch. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. I always loved Cartier but now Rolex has also caught my eye 👀👀👀

Anyway for those who do have a luxury watch can you wear it all day everyday? Are they hardy?
I wear a eatch all the time doing all activities, so just because it’s luxury doesn’t mean I will save it for special occasions.
I’m starting to lean more towards Rolex but the question is are they worth the price for everyday wear?
I wear the Rolex which was my mum’s push present for having me 😂 (she upgraded from ‘my’ steel and gold to gold and diamond face)
It’s 30+ years old and it’s withstood everyday life incredibly well, as well as holidays with all the usual swimming, diving, skiing numbs associated (plus I’m a huge klutz). In the whole time it’s been service twice, with the last service including a new glass face as I’d chipped the edges a bit. I’ve been wearing it pretty constantly since I was 18. Her gold one hasn’t been serviced yet, despite her buying it about 20 years ago and apart from a little scratching, looks brand new.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I don’t wear mine every day, but Rolex’s are incredibly durable and they are 100% worth the price for every day wear. Plus they have worldwide guarantee and will service it for you anytime you need. My mum has one that she got as a wedding present (over 25 years old) and it just has some scratches, not been serviced at all

Girls. Need some advice.

So I’ve never had a pair of heels that cost over £20 lol genuinely, because I just haven’t seen value in spending on shoes. I cannot, and mean cannot walk in heels. I’ve ALWAYS worn chunky block heels or mules. Mainly from Primark actually 🤣 the irony of going to Sexy Fish in my Shein heels the other week and I normally wear Primark perspex mules with a large YSL Sac De Jour haha. The most I ever do is 3 inches, and it has to be block. Even if I won the lottery tonight I couldn’t fill my wardrobe with Loubs and the YSL heels (I would, for display hahaha)

So my boyfriend wants to buy me my first designer pair, and I finally want some too. I’ve seen these. I’m fairly sure I could just learn, and would only really ever wear them to restaurants where I’m getting out the car outside lol. So I’ve settled on these which I’ve seen in store and love, yet to properly try on. Maybe I need something more supportive like the Dior slingbacks or Chanel block heel pumps? My question is are

- Is Louboutin REALLY as uncomfy as they say across all styles? I know some are more than others, but my feet are dainty and narrow anyway (I stuck my foot in them quickly and that didn’t seem to be an issue)

- Is the red sole initially just an absolute nightmare before it gets worn? As I have just 0 balance basically 🤣

D3856087-D952-4AC8-9097-7C628D6B3C74.png

Girls. Need some advice.

So I’ve never had a pair of heels that cost over £20 lol genuinely, because I just haven’t seen value in spending on shoes. I cannot, and mean cannot walk in heels. I’ve ALWAYS worn chunky block heels or mules. Mainly from Primark actually 🤣 the irony of going to Sexy Fish in my Shein heels the other week and I normally wear Primark perspex mules with a large YSL Sac De Jour haha. The most I ever do is 3 inches, and it has to be block. Even if I won the lottery tonight I couldn’t fill my wardrobe with Loubs and the YSL heels (I would, for display hahaha)

So my boyfriend wants to buy me my first designer pair, and I finally want some too. I’ve seen these. I’m fairly sure I could just learn, and would only really ever wear them to restaurants where I’m getting out the car outside lol. So I’ve settled on these which I’ve seen in store and love, yet to properly try on. Maybe I need something more supportive like the Dior slingbacks or Chanel block heel pumps? My question is are

- Is Louboutin REALLY as uncomfy as they say across all styles? I know some are more than others, but my feet are dainty and narrow anyway (I stuck my foot in them quickly and that didn’t seem to be an issue)

- Is the red sole initially just an absolute nightmare before it gets worn? As I have just 0 balance basically 🤣

View attachment 2541923
If you are struggling with heels then not spending more than £20 is one of your issues.
I wouldn’t spend £690 on a pair of shoes if you can’t walk in them.
By some Kurt Geiger heels and have a go in them first. They are decent and comfortable. And then consider getting designer heels

Reactions: 9
If you are struggling with heels then not spending more than £20 is one of your issues.
I wouldn’t spend £690 on a pair of shoes if you can’t walk in them.
By some Kurt Geiger heels and have a go in them first. They are decent and comfortable. And then consider getting designer heels
Second Kurt Geiger/Carvela!
---
Also the satin may not wear as well/go out if shape quicker

Reactions: 4
Girls. Need some advice.

View attachment 2541923
agree about satin! Plus if anything gets spilt on it it looks naff, also a lot to pay for fabric when you can get leather. I own one pair of peep toe Loubs and my toes feel like they’re being amputated 🤣

love that you wore primark to Sexy Fish - go girl ✊🏽 - interested to know what it’s like👀

Reactions: 2
Girls. Need some advice.

View attachment 2541923
If you are looking for Louboutin you should have slim feet for comfort.
Ive had variety of Louboutin and I find high heeled sandals are my favourite they always are comfy and the style never goes out of fashion. My favourite are Jonatina.
I have slim feet and I find the So Kates so uncomfortable.
If we are still in the 2015 era I would highly recommend YSL triumph platforms as your first. I still wear mine to this day when I’m away.
Practice on a hard surface. You have got this!
Let us know what you bought. :))

agree about satin! Plus if anything gets spilt on it it looks naff, also a lot to pay for fabric when you can get leather. I own one pair of peep toe Loubs and my toes feel like they’re being amputated 🤣

love that you wore primark to Sexy Fish - go girl ✊🏽 - interested to know what it’s like👀
It was okay! Good addition to Manchester. Came to about £250 for two people though, and that was only with two alcoholic drinks - so very expensive. Don’t get me wrong, you can do it for less - but we ordered a lot of food.

I preferred the food at Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay which opened in the summer. Overall, absolutely beautiful restaurant and nice vibe but wouldn’t rush back anytime soon, maybe for a drink if I was out. We got 7:45 on the opening Saturday but the only celeb I saw was Helen Flanagan 😅 service was really good. Only annoying thing was we were asked way over 10 times if a dish was ours, when it wasn’t. Apparently they’d taken out the table next to us or something, so they kept thinking plates of food was for my table number. One or twice I don’t really mind, but having to say no like ten times did start to grate. Let them off though as it’s the first week it had opened.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone got the marc jacobs tote in black?
Mine has gone a really off black colour, and as I'm over my 6 months at selfridges they wont help - does anyone know what I can do/ who to talk to?

Girls. Need some advice.

View attachment 2541923
I have about 40 pairs of designer heels, most of them I regret 🤣 i only wear heels on special occasions so most of them barely get any wear. I even have some Louboutins that had for years, brand new in the box 🥲 here are my tips:

• Buy a pair that is neutral in colour that you will get a lot of wear out of. A pair that can be dressed up and down
• choose a good, durable material (leather, particularly patent will last), satin, calf leather, suede etc will wear easily. I have some suede heels that got wrecked at a wedding when someone drove over a puddle :(
• try them in person and choose a size that fits you well, avoid buying online because your size will vary a lot in different designers
• with Louboutins, they can be uncomfortable but some pairs aren’t as bad (I think “iriza” is a more comfortable style)
• get Louboutins resoled, they’ll remain red at the bottom and have better grip to walk in

and whatever you do, don’t get these monstrosities 🙂 my feet will never be the same after I bought these 🙂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
and whatever you do, don’t get these monstrosities 🙂 my feet will never be the same after I bought these 🙂
😂😂 my boyfriend has always said he wants to buy me these as he thinks they are classy/sexy…. I told him to forget this and never mention it again. i’m a level -10 in walking in heels. this is level 1000. I can’t even imagine?? the most beautiful heel though.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.