Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could I please get your opinion on this Jimmy Choo bag?
just turned 40 and I feel too old now to carry this look šŸ«£
It was a gift so I feel awful that I donā€™t really like it.
IMG_4286.jpeg

Reactions: 3
It was a gift so I feel awful that I donā€™t really like it. View attachment 2537528
I'm 35 and will never give up the sparkle but if it's not your bag (literally) then I'd sell on...

I got an Aspinal bag at xmas that I'd never ever use. Luckily they gave me store credit so I got my tote which I use all the time so maybe worth asking if they would too?

Reactions: 4
Thank you šŸ˜Š I love sequins and wear a lot to a festival so with that in mind my husband got me this. But I certainly wouldnā€™t take this to one! I donā€™t really go out much at all these days so I just feel itā€™s money wasted really. I still feel 20 so deep down I love it haha

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was a gift so I feel awful that I donā€™t really like it. View attachment 2537528
I actually have this bag on my fantasy bag list lol! I canā€™t justify it for the amount of wear Iā€™d get out of it, but actually so versatile and fun. Disco ball is a neutral imho šŸ˜‚šŸ’Ŗ

I actually have this bag on my fantasy bag list lol! I canā€™t justify it for the amount of wear Iā€™d get out of it, but actually so versatile and fun. Disco ball is a neutral imho šŸ˜‚šŸ’Ŗ
Yeah, thatā€™s where Iā€™m at. The odd festival which I have a sequin bum-bag or out for a roast with the in laws. Argh, Iā€™m torn to keep or not!

Yeah, thatā€™s where Iā€™m at. The odd festival which I have a sequin bum-bag or out for a roast with the in laws. Argh, Iā€™m torn to keep or not!
I donā€™t really think itā€™s an age specific bag itā€™s more your interests. I think if you go out to nice bars or fancy dinners often itā€™s lovely and would go great with simple outfits for wow factor. If youā€™re not really like that then itā€™s probs not for you and you wonā€™t get much wear out of it. If itā€™s a 40th present though and you could make a few occasions to wear it for, Iā€™d keep it just for sentimental valueā€¦ but it doesnā€™t sound like you really like it regardless so thereā€™s probs not much sentiment šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t really think itā€™s an age specific bag itā€™s more your interests. I think if you go out to nice bars or fancy dinners often itā€™s lovely and would go great with simple outfits for wow factor. If youā€™re not really like that then itā€™s probs not for you and you wonā€™t get much wear out of it. If itā€™s a 40th present though and you could make a few occasions to wear it for, Iā€™d keep it just for sentimental valueā€¦ but it doesnā€™t sound like you really like it regardless so thereā€™s probs not much sentiment šŸ˜‚
Thank you for replying. I do like it but donā€™t love it iykwim. I wish I could get out more to make proper use.

Reactions: 2
I think itā€™s such a fun option for dinners, drinks, just a pop of something to brighten up everything (am I talking myself into this lol). I was looking at this or the brighter colours for just something that wasnā€™t a clutch or a business bag which could be something totally frivolous.

Bringing it back to @heretoreaditall2019 ā€˜s amazing post, is it filling a hole in your inventory? Iā€™ve reframed how I shop, instead of consuming on impulse, I tend to consider what Iā€™d like. Eg Iā€™ve been really lusting after trenches - old me would have gone duck it babe treat yourself and got a Burberry trench. I had a Burberry trench, it didnā€™t suit me and I never wore it so I sold it. Therefore this idea got spiked at the first consideration.

I tend to look at what Iā€™m in the market for, research all options, consider how it would fit in with my wardrobe, how many things/how often Iā€™d wear it with or for, then consider cost per wear and if I ā€œneedā€ the most expensive item on my shortlist. I look for pre loved and new options for my final item. By the time you do all this, you sure wheedle out the ā€œfor the sake of itā€ things you buy or keep!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think itā€™s such a fun option for dinners, drinks, just a pop of something to brighten up everything (am I talking myself into this lol). I was looking at this or the brighter colours for just something that wasnā€™t a clutch or a business bag which could be something totally frivolous.

Bringing it back to @heretoreaditall2019 ā€˜s amazing post, is it filling a hole in your inventory? Iā€™ve reframed how I shop, instead of consuming on impulse, I tend to consider what Iā€™d like. Eg Iā€™ve been really lusting after trenches - old me would have gone duck it babe treat yourself and got a Burberry trench. I had a Burberry trench, it didnā€™t suit me and I never wore it so I sold it. Therefore this idea got spiked at the first consideration.

I tend to look at what Iā€™m in the market for, research all options, consider how it would fit in with my wardrobe, how many things/how often Iā€™d wear it with or for, then consider cost per wear and if I ā€œneedā€ the most expensive item on my shortlist. I look for pre loved and new options for my final item. By the time you do all this, you sure wheedle out the ā€œfor the sake of itā€ things you buy or keep!
Thank you for your lovely reply. It certainly fills a hole in my hoarding inventory lol. Think it needs to go back, as much as that pains me to do. I just donā€™t go out enough. Thank you to all that replied, youā€™ve helped me make my mind up ā¤

• Heart
Thank you for your lovely reply. It certainly fills a hole in my hoarding inventory lol. Think it needs to go back, as much as that pains me to do. I just donā€™t go out enough. Thank you to all that replied, youā€™ve helped me make my mind up ā¤
I feel the BIB in my very soul šŸ˜‚ I have found deciding ā€œnoā€ on stuff very freeing. Isnā€™t it funny how you would have worn this to death at one time, but now we can afford it weā€™re like ā€œummm Iā€™ve been out out twice this yearā€ šŸ˜†

I feel the BIB in my very soul šŸ˜‚ I have found deciding ā€œnoā€ on stuff very freeing. Isnā€™t it funny how you would have worn this to death at one time, but now we can afford it weā€™re like ā€œummm Iā€™ve been out out twice this yearā€ šŸ˜†
Nail on the head! That is exactly how I feel šŸ˜£

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Twice more than me. I'm gagging for a night out but evidently I have no friends

• Heart
Twice more than me. I'm gagging for a night out but evidently I have no friends
Trust me, it was a rarity for me too! Iā€™m not sad I donā€™t have the type of friends who were out 4/5 nights a week any more tbf, as soon as I started prioritising myself, my health and my goals instead of partying theyā€™re nowhere to be seen šŸ«£

• Sad
  • Heart
Trust me, it was a rarity for me too! Iā€™m not sad I donā€™t have the type of friends who were out 4/5 nights a week any more tbf, as soon as I started prioritising myself, my health and my goals instead of partying theyā€™re nowhere to be seen šŸ«£
That's what happened to me. I'd like to go out just to a nice bar once in a blue moon but nobody to be seen ever lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.