Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am looking at buying a small Mulberry foldover wallet , the colour I have been looking at is Mulberry pink, just on the fence as I usually buy classic taupe, black etc... Has anyone got a bag or purse in Mulberry pink ? I'm wondering if it is too bright for me?
I absolutely LOVE bright bags. I have a few so I will absolutely advocate the bright pink life 🤣 I have a Viv Westwood clutch in hot pink and it's well used

Reactions: 2
Can't say I have Mulberry anything but I do love a bright purse/wallet.

Does anyone have a Prada Re-Edition 2005 nylon bag, the cross body one with the chain shoulder strap?
Black Prada Re-Edition 2005 Re-Nylon bag | PRADA

I've been doing the bag dance with 3 different bags for about 2 months now. I'm stuck between:
This Celine MEDIUM FOLCO BAG IN TRIOMPHE CANVAS AND CALFSKIN - TAN | CELINE
A Loewe Puzzle
And now this Prada cross body Black Leather shoulder bag | PRADA

I need none of them as I have a Chanel Mini Flap plus 2 Celine Box Flaps but the want isn't going away and now I'm wondering if the slightly cheaper pre-loved Prada Re-Edition might be the answer. Not sure what I'm asking really and I'm aware this could not be more #firstworldproblems 😂

Can't say I have Mulberry anything but I do love a bright purse/wallet.
Same, no one really sees them except you, so it’s nice to have a little pop of colour inside your bag. And makes them easier to find tbh, you’re not fishing around for a small black object in there 😀 my wallet and card holders are all from Aspinal and are red, pink and orange. Not seen the Mulberry ones but the range of colours at Aspinal is great and they always go in the sale. Plus they will monogram them 😊 (I’m a fan obv 🤣)

Reactions: 1
I
Does anyone have a Prada Re-Edition 2005 nylon bag, the cross body one with the chain shoulder strap?

I've been doing the bag dance with 3 different bags for about 2 months now. I'm stuck between:
A Loewe Puzzle

I need none of them as I have a Chanel Mini Flap plus 2 Celine Box Flaps but the want isn't going away and now I'm wondering if the slightly cheaper pre-loved Prada Re-Edition might be the answer. Not sure what I'm asking really and I'm aware this could not be more #firstworldproblems 😂
I do 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’ll be honest with you; it was a gift, I didn’t buy it, it is actually made of nylon and I’m not sure spending £1400 on nylon is a good, or sane, idea. They’re solidly made though and obviously material is pretty bulletproof, although it’s a very “young” bag so not an investment piece to hold onto for later years. Out of your choices I would probably lean more towards prada in leather, however that may be due to personal style

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I

I do 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’ll be honest with you; it was a gift, I didn’t buy it, it is actually made of nylon and I’m not sure spending £1400 on nylon is a good, or sane, idea. They’re solidly made though and obviously material is pretty bulletproof, although it’s a very “young” bag so not an investment piece to hold onto for later years. Out of your choices I would probably lean more towards prada in leather, however that may be due to personal style
Thank you - that's helpful. Yes I think it is a young bag (and I'm definitely not young!) but I kind of like how minimal it is. I could pick one up pre-loved for about £950, still a ridiculous amount for a nylon bag I know. The Celine feels a bit old fashioned to me, although I do love classic styles, and the Loewe is just so bloody expensive plus I've seen so many copies it's putting me off. I think the leather Prada is my favourite. Maybe I should just buy the bloody thing and move the duck on! :rolleyes: 😂

• Haha

A Loewe Puzzle

I’ve got the black and a desert beige re edition bags I bought them 3 years ago from the Prada website in lockdown they were £895 can’t believe they cost £1450 now

It’s a good sturdy bag, the Celine one you posted has an old fashioned vibe about it.

Reactions: 1
I’ve got the black and a desert beige re edition bags I bought them 3 years ago from the Prada website in lockdown they were £895 can’t believe they cost £1450 now

It’s a good sturdy bag, the Celine one you posted has an old fashioned vibe about it.
Ridiculous isn't it. I bought my Goyard Saint Louis in lockdown for I think £1,300. There's no price on the website but they're reselling for £1,800.

Yes I think the Celine is out of the race. Good to know about the Re Editions.

I personally think the Prada Nylon has had its day again.. but if you think you’d use it fair enough!

Reactions: 3
I’m going to London soon, hoping to get the Goyard mini Anjou bag in green, but does it look cheap? I’ve heard people say it’s flimsy :( should I just save myself the hassle and just get the Chanel ballet flats? Also I’m going midday so won’t be able to queue in the morning for the goyard so no idea if they’ll still have it when I get there!

Attachments

I’m going to London soon, hoping to get the Goyard mini Anjou bag in green, but does it look cheap? I’ve heard people say it’s flimsy :( should I just save myself the hassle and just get the Chanel ballet flats? Also I’m going midday so won’t be able to queue in the morning for the goyard so no idea if they’ll still have it when I get there!
Get the flats. No offence to anybody who likes the GOyard bags but imo they do look cheap and plastic even if they're not

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Agreed I would go with the Chanel, the Goyard is too easily copied and I cast a suspicious eye on every single one I see, it’s the new Neverfull

Reactions: 6
Agreed I would go with the Chanel, the Goyard is too easily copied and I cast a suspicious eye on every single one I see, it’s the new Neverfull
Sadly I agree. I love mine and will use it forever but there are so many copies around. My friend just got her third fake and I’m irrationally irritated by it 😂

Reactions: 3
I’ve just googled goyard bags and was stunned to see an eBay listing for a counterfeit within the first few google shopping results! Clicked through and all of the related items are similar, yikes! 😱

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.