Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on my way to work last week and there were two women in the same carriage with 2 different fakes having a laugh with each other about it 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Right you’ve all put me off 🤣🤣 technically you’ve saved me £1600 so now I deserve 2 pairs of Chanel flats 🤔😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Right you’ve all put me off 🤣🤣 technically you’ve saved me £1600 so now I deserve 2 pairs of Chanel flats 🤔😉
Aw but I think you were after Chanel flats anyway if I remember? I really really like the Goyard but I know that sort of thing would really take the shine off for me

Reactions: 1
Aw but I think you were after Chanel flats anyway if I remember? I really really like the Goyard but I know that sort of thing would really take the shine off for me
Yes!! I went to buy them at the Edinburgh pop up but they didn’t have my size. It would take the shine off for me too tbh! Even though I love the bag as well.

Also I don’t know how I feel about “queueing” for a luxury experience and buying an expensive bag. I read someone say it was an awful experience, you queued ages to get in, they took you into a dark “basement”, you couldn’t take photos and you either bought the bag or left 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes!! I went to buy them at the Edinburgh pop up but they didn’t have my size. It would take the shine off for me too tbh! Even though I love the bag as well.

Also I don’t know how I feel about “queueing” for a luxury experience and buying an expensive bag. I read someone say it was an awful experience, you queued ages to get in, they took you into a dark “basement”, you couldn’t take photos and you either bought the bag or left 🤣
Sounds like a weird cult🤣 has the
novelty of being offered champagne and a comfy sofa wore off?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Yeah, all of this adds up to sway towards the flats! The bags are cute AF, but it’s a wedge of cash to drop.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
BT’s have 20% off some lower priced brands for any Irish girls looking to treat themselves.. I picked up two Ganni Bou bags in store this morning in black & oyster.

I have resigned myself that if I want a preloved Alma, it will have some form of issue 😆 no matter where I've looked. The monogram ones seem to get completely trashed through time so I'm put off those, eyeing up a black one with handle issues I could twilly tbf. OH why so hard.

• Sad
I have resigned myself that if I want a preloved Alma, it will have some form of issue 😆 no matter where I've looked. The monogram ones seem to get completely trashed through time so I'm put off those, eyeing up a black one with handle issues I could twilly tbf. OH why so hard.
Is the monogrammed ones real leather? Was shocked to find out the price of the mini backpacks and then it’s plastic

Is the monogrammed ones real leather? Was shocked to find out the price of the mini backpacks and then it’s plastic
They claim to be... I've ended up with a LV Malletage Alma PM. Yes some damage but nothing too drastic & can be repaired. I'm quite excited for her arrival

• Heart
hey i hope it's ok to ask here. if not my apologies.
does anyone know if you can get tax back on items between Ireland and the UK? Like if I fly to England buy a few bits am I as Irish resident able to claim the tax back on these items in airport as flying outside EU?

I’m going to London soon, hoping to get the Goyard mini Anjou bag in green, but does it look cheap? I’ve heard people say it’s flimsy :( should I just save myself the hassle and just get the Chanel ballet flats? Also I’m going midday so won’t be able to queue in the morning for the goyard so no idea if they’ll still have it when I get there!
get the Chanel. The Goyard (especially in Green) is giving JJ from MAFS.

• Haha
I've seen a preloved Alma BB in epi leather on Vinted for ÂŁ500! It doesn't come with the long strap and has some wear in the photos, but just concerned for such a low price it might look a lot more worn in person. Beautiful light pink colour though

Where do you guys go online to keep up to date on trends or labels? Are there any decent accounts on insta, subreddits, fb groups etc? Last week I was talking to someone wearing a Max Mara coat and an NS Park tote, I didn’t clock either brand but she made sure to tell me 🙄😂 I realised I focus on the main players out there too much and haven’t really delved into the quiet luxury or emerging trends much, so would love to find some insta accounts or blogs to keep me up to date!

Where do you guys go online to keep up to date on trends or labels? Are there any decent accounts on insta, subreddits, fb groups etc? Last week I was talking to someone wearing a Max Mara coat and an NS Park tote, I didn’t clock either brand but she made sure to tell me 🙄😂 I realised I focus on the main players out there too much and haven’t really delved into the quiet luxury or emerging trends much, so would love to find some insta accounts or blogs to keep me up to date!
I think Tiktok as annoying of an answer as that is, following some people you like the look of and just watching their styling vids

It depends how deep you want to get into it all/what you want from it. I’d argue the whole quiet luxury thing is a classist self congratulatory delusion with very little depth to it. It depends what you’re interested in tbh - business, ethics, creative, environment, collecting, models, etc etc!

Diet prada on Insta is a very good generalist account with good social values, but isn’t fixated on consumerism - like they won’t tell you what to buy or push aff links. But the iykyk stuff isn’t really pushed in that way through influencers etc anyway really.

Idk, for developing your own wardrobe/personal brand, personally I really like Liberty for directing purchases, even if to help guide what I look for on eBay/Vinted as try to be a preloved girly as much as possible! Just think they curate a lot of quality/interesting pieces and brands that are a bit different. Same with small indie brands, if you’re after quality/things that don’t fit into the naff microplastic Land Rover mum aesthetic you’d be best going down the sustainable insta route!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.