Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my fear, what’s the point when a £50 rep could do the job, it just looks so pretty though 😩 the colour block ones for autumn too are just 👌🏻
It is such a shame isn’t it, I didn’t want to sound like a dick as everyone values/perceives things differently so glad I’ve not upset you with that!

Tbh I was super disappointed going for a nosy shopping. Very nearly bought a ring I fell in love with (not “designer” but gold with precious stones) but have ended up booking a jewellery making course instead & am going to start a new hobby out of it! It’s far more accessible to do at home now with only a small investment, and with lab grown precious stones being so cost effective. Sorry for the me-rail but goes to show how uninspiring everything is when you’re turning to DIY instead 🫣😂

Also saw a dragon diffusion bag IRL and sadly didn’t think much of it. Saw the hugely overpriced for polyester coachtopia cloud bag on a woman and do love it, but wish it was leather!
---
Hi enablers

Hope we’re all well.
So my bad luck with counterfeit sandals continues. Not designer this time but I ordered a pair of Havaianas from Amazon - they arrived and were clearly fake, but I was kinda ok I’m not massively surprised as it’s Amazon. So I returned them and ordered a pair from Sole Trader. They arrived and they’re also bloody fake! I’m pretty shocked and it makes me think that if the Havaianas are fake then what else they sell is also knocked off!
Re Amazon - anyone can list anything under a brand name, it’s a huge problem and why no one should buy any consumables from it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
@alwaysdreaming thank you ♥ honestly when I talked to the lady at harrods she said it depends on how many people want the same watch, but in essence women’s watches are easier to get, and typically the datejusts come in quicker 🙂 which watch are you looking at?

Oh I won’t wear it in London, the risk is way too high nowadays ☹ will definitely get insured!

@Grizzlybear it’s 31mm, apologies about the poor picture yesterday, I was too excited to get home and didn’t take any proper pictures 🤣 here are some I took today! (Side note - do we like the watch alone, or with my tennis bracelet or VCA?) 🥰

im trying to capture the iridescence of the mother of Pearl dial but it’s so hard, it really glistens in real life!
Thank you for your input! Hope you’re enjoying your new beauty. I love the watch with tennis bracelet. Very elegant.
I think the VC Alhambra bracelets look better on their own.
I am looking to get a 28mmLady date just in steel & white gold. It’s the dials colour I am so uncertain as I want diamonds. Bracelet preferably oyster as I want a more relaxed everyday watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bicester bound tomorrow! Have any new shops opened, any top tips? Do they still have the QR queueing thing going on? I’m after a pair of every day ankle boots but been disappointed with everything I’ve seen so far 🫠

Bicester bound tomorrow! Have any new shops opened, any top tips? Do they still have the QR queueing thing going on? I’m after a pair of every day ankle boots but been disappointed with everything I’ve seen so far 🫠
If you’ve got Amex platinum - you get the good parking right at the end by Ralph Lauren

😦 How did you realise they were fakes?!!
They’re a different size/shape to my other pair from the Havaiana store, they stink of rubber, the word Havaiana is different on each one and one of them is missing the little ridges in the rubber where the straps meet at the top. Honestly I’m completely shooketh!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It is such a shame isn’t it, I didn’t want to sound like a dick as everyone values/perceives things differently so glad I’ve not upset you with that!

Tbh I was super disappointed going for a nosy shopping. Very nearly bought a ring I fell in love with (not “designer” but gold with precious stones) but have ended up booking a jewellery making course instead & am going to start a new hobby out of it! It’s far more accessible to do at home now with only a small investment, and with lab grown precious stones being so cost effective. Sorry for the me-rail but goes to show how uninspiring everything is when you’re turning to DIY instead 🫣😂

Also saw a dragon diffusion bag IRL and sadly didn’t think much of it. Saw the hugely overpriced for polyester coachtopia cloud bag on a woman and do love it, but wish it was leather!
---
Second the oddness of the puzzle tote here, glad it wasn’t me.

ALSO tyvm for the dragon diffusion intel because I was also sizing that up after seeing it aaaaaalllll over insta!

Seconding Aspinal totes @ATV2021 mine is an absolute workhorse!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Some shops like Gucci/Prada do still which bugs me as I just want to mooch, not have to book a damn slot.

They've just opened a Lindt shop aswell 🤤

• Wow
Some shops like Gucci/Prada do still which bugs me as I just want to mooch, not have to book a damn slot.

They've just opened a Lindt shop aswell 🤤
I bloody love Lindt😩😩 yes the same about mooching, want to just browse!

I was just putting my summer raffia bags away ( a bit late 🥲) noticed my Loewe one is starting to come away 😩. I bought it in May its been one of my most worn bags through out summer and early autumn. I take great care of my handbags so can’t understand it. I’ve emailed net-a-porter but im just so annoyed 😒. My Prada one is still like new which I’ve had longer.

• Sad
  • Wow
I was just putting my summer raffia bags away ( a bit late 🥲) noticed my Loewe one is starting to come away 😩. I bought it in May its been one of my most worn bags through out summer and early autumn. I take great care of my handbags so can’t understand it. I’ve emailed net-a-porter but im just so annoyed 😒. My Prada one is still like new which I’ve had longer.
Oh how gutting. Where has it started to fray?

Thank you for your input! Hope you’re enjoying your new beauty. I love the watch with tennis bracelet. Very elegant.
I think the VC Alhambra bracelets look better on their own.
I am looking to get a 28mmLady date just in steel & white gold. It’s the dials colour I am so uncertain as I want diamonds. Bracelet preferably oyster as I want a more relaxed everyday watch.
Thank you lovely x

I love my new watch! But I’ve been quite cautious about wearing it out. Sad really, but now I want a more wearable every day watch 🤣

I have another Rolex, similar to the watch you’re describing, it’s a vintage 26mm oyster perpetual. Not sure if I’ve shared it here before but I’ve attached a pic. It’s in the two-tone, with diamonds and an oyster bracelet 🙂 I’d highly recommend a smaller dial for every day and diamonds if it like a bit of bling. I hope you get your watch!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen the puzzle fold tote in person? With it being shiny calfskin I can’t tell if the leather will be nice, or a bit cheap-feeling?

View attachment 2525302
I have the mini puzzle gold tote in warm desert. The leather is exquisite and not too thin (supple leather and suede lining) and it’s sturdy enough to keep its shape when not flat

I love how lightweight it is and use it a lot. I wanted the mini as it’s the only one with a long strap

I also like it on the mini that it has little buckles inside (to attach the strap) so when use it I also clip an inner pouch/wallet to keep my cardholder and phone secure

Thank you lovely x

I love my new watch! But I’ve been quite cautious about wearing it out. Sad really, but now I want a more wearable every day watch 🤣

I have another Rolex, similar to the watch you’re describing, it’s a vintage 26mm oyster perpetual. Not sure if I’ve shared it here before but I’ve attached a pic. It’s in the two-tone, with diamonds and an oyster bracelet 🙂 I’d highly recommend a smaller dial for every day and diamonds if it like a bit of bling. I hope you get your watch!
Yes any excuse for another piece of jewellery. 🤣
After delivery I plan to head to Harrods and try my luck. I am thinking to try more than one Rolex store but I don’t know if that’s allowed. 🤣
I’m thinking diamonds in the dial for everyday and solely steel/white gold.
I don’t have patience to wait. 🙈🤣

• Heart
@alwaysdreaming thank you ♥ honestly when I talked to the lady at harrods she said it depends on how many people want the same watch, but in essence women’s watches are easier to get, and typically the datejusts come in quicker 🙂 which watch are you looking at?

Oh I won’t wear it in London, the risk is way too high nowadays ☹ will definitely get insured!

@Grizzlybear it’s 31mm, apologies about the poor picture yesterday, I was too excited to get home and didn’t take any proper pictures 🤣 here are some I took today! (Side note - do we like the watch alone, or with my tennis bracelet or VCA?) 🥰

im trying to capture the iridescence of the mother of Pearl dial but it’s so hard, it really glistens in real life!
The watch and bracelets are stunning! Personally I think the watch is such a statement piece by itself, that it doesn’t need a bracelet with it! Plus I always worry that the bracelets could scratch the watch face when putting on/taking off coats etc.
The bracelets are fab too, I hope you get to wear them as much as possible and enjoy them!

• Heart
Yes any excuse for another piece of jewellery. 🤣
After delivery I plan to head to Harrods and try my luck. I am thinking to try more than one Rolex store but I don’t know if that’s allowed. 🤣
I’m thinking diamonds in the dial for everyday and solely steel/white gold.
I don’t have patience to wait. 🙈🤣
I tried more than one Rolex store! Granted, they were for different watches, but very very similar specs 🤣 I hope it’s allowed! Diamonds in the dial is a very good idea 💎

• Heart
Where else can I look for trusted preloved bags?

I have my beady eyes on Handbag Clinic, Luxury Promise and Luxe Collective (plus smaller resellers like addicted to handbags) but I've decided I want an Alma PM and so many are absolutely ruined (but I can't be paying £1500 for new 🤣)

Where else can I look for trusted preloved bags?

I have my beady eyes on Handbag Clinic, Luxury Promise and Luxe Collective (plus smaller resellers like addicted to handbags) but I've decided I want an Alma PM and so many are absolutely ruined (but I can't be paying £1500 for new 🤣)
I like bagista. They have a store next to harrods but most of it is online.

I am looking at buying a small Mulberry foldover wallet , the colour I have been looking at is Mulberry pink, just on the fence as I usually buy classic taupe, black etc... Has anyone got a bag or purse in Mulberry pink ? I'm wondering if it is too bright for me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.