Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I know YSL have pulled out of most discounts. Perhaps the occasional item on websites like Fashionette. They do have an outlet store at Bicester Village though and you may be able to shop remotely if you don’t live close by.
The only type of discount I’ve achieved on YSL bags previously is with cash back schemes ie bank or through work. Someone else may be more knowledgable on this than me though.
Thanks. I did think this but had to try! 🤣 It's ok I'll have a look around on websites then just bite the bullet. 😊

Reactions: 1
So the ridiculous Chanel increase is tomorrow, do we know of Dior et al are planning on one?
Coincidentally I was just browsing as the price was changing - the mini flap was glitching between 3650 and 4130 each time I refreshed the page. Ah well no chance I'll ever get it now. At beginning of lockdown it was 2700 so it's practically doubled.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thanks. I did think this but had to try! 🤣 It's ok I'll have a look around on websites then just bite the bullet. 😊
I bought my YSL East West tote on eBay maybe 4 years ago - brand new, with all the NAP packaging and receipts etc. Paid about £550 from memory so probably £150 off the retail price at the time - still well worth having a look on there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask but I’m after some advice regarding cleaning bags.

I have a pebbled leather bag which has a scratch - it isn’t too deep, more surface but I was wondering if anybody knew of a product to help? It just needs buffing I think so the scratch isn’t matte and noticeable.

And secondly my black Marc jacobs tote - the canvas is super tough and durable, but it seems to attract fluff quite easily. Is there a way to clean this off gently? Is there a brush or a cloth I could use?

Looks like prices have gone up on YSL too 😬
I think this happened at the end of last year because I was obsessing about the small Loulou which went from about £1800 to £2330 overnight 😱I’m not seeing any increase from that when I have a look, but I think they must be due for yet another increase any day now…

• Wow
I think this happened at the end of last year because I was obsessing about the small Loulou which went from about £1800 to £2330 overnight 😱I’m not seeing any increase from that when I have a look, but I think they must be due for yet another increase any day now…
I love the Loulou too! My dream is a Chanel flap, so might go second hand now.

Has anyone got the Dior Saddle? Is it worth the hype?

I mean, they’re just ridiculous prices now are t they? 🤯 Can someone cleverer than me explain how they keep increasing at such a staggering rate whilst still keeping their client base please? I know @heretoreaditall2019 is super clued up on this kind of thing and has explained things around how the luxury goods market works before but I just don’t understand how they’re not pricing themselves out of the market entirely.

• Haha
I love the Loulou too! My dream is a Chanel flap, so might go second hand now.
My dream bag used to be the classic flap for many years, I’m delighted that I’ve gone off it now especially with the sickening price increases. I posted a few days ago that I got the Toy Loulou and at £1k less than the small, I’m really happy with it. You can double up or swap out the strap for a chain and it’s a similar look, plus the toy is a lot easier to wear cross body.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My dream bag used to be the classic flap for many years, I’m delighted that I’ve gone off it now especially with the sickening price increases. I posted a few days ago that I got the Toy Loulou and at £1k less than the small, I’m really happy with it. You can double up or swap out the strap for a chain and it’s a similar look, plus the toy is a lot easier to wear cross body.
Glad you love it - the Toys are really beautiful bags.

I’ve just bought myself a very early birthday present in the shape of a pair of Hermes Orans in white. They’ve been sold out in my size on Hermes for about a bloody year and I saw a pair come up on a selling site for £450 so went for it. They’re in the Epsom leather which I’m not familiar with so I really hope I like them! 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you, I’m going to look at the toy for sure! I love the medium Loulou and the College, but the flap…argh the flap!!

Edit to ask about the strap! Does it come with a chain strap?

Thank you, I’m going to look at the toy for sure! I love the medium Loulou and the College, but the flap…argh the flap!!

Edit to ask about the strap! Does it come with a chain strap?
No sorry, I should have been clearer it comes with an adjustable leather strap and the chains you can get very YSL looking ones on Etsy and I have some from other bags that look like they fit.
Also love the College!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
No sorry, I should have been clearer it comes with an adjustable leather strap and the chains you can get very YSL looking ones on Etsy and I have some from other bags that look like they fit.
Also love the College!
Amazing thank you for clarifying 😘

• Heart
I mean, they’re just ridiculous prices now are t they? 🤯 Can someone cleverer than me explain how they keep increasing at such a staggering rate whilst still keeping their client base please? I know @heretoreaditall2019 is super clued up on this kind of thing and has explained things around how the luxury goods market works before but I just don’t understand how they’re not pricing themselves out of the market entirely.
Not a branding/strategy girly so no idea tbh but imagine they’re trying to claw back some level of (perceived) scarcity in a social media era where their bags are usually positioned next to grim fast fash. They won’t have gone into it blind so imagine revenue wise they’ll be absolutely fine, if not do better for it. They’re not pricing themselves out the market they’re pricing out people who may have bought one or a few bags in their lifetime in favour of v wealthy people who’ll shop more frequently + buy significantly more. But then you have to wonder what’s the point in having so many physical stores if you no longer want to be somewhat accessible to the general public?

But with that said I cannot understand how they can justify the prices for the quality - but suppose that isn’t a huge concern for the genuinely wealthy. It’ll be interesting to see how Hermès respond to the same issue, every time I use TikTok there’s something Birkin related 🤯

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.