Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love it, I’m trying to hold off until my birthday next month to justify treating myself, but it’s definitely on my shortlist 😍

Reactions: 1
Can we talk sunglasses? Any real faves in here? I’m after my first designer pair! 😊
I only have one pair of sunglasses and they are Chanel in a Wayfarer type of style, I got them in about 2015 and they still look perfect. They must be very robust because I’ve not looked after them at all, so definitely would recommend. Although I haven’t had experience of any other brands.

This is just what I’m after in cream - how do you find it? It’s a toss up between this and the Gucci Ophidia….
I love it, it’s so roomy, I love that it’s floppy and doesn’t have a structure so you can throw whatever you like in it. It also looks luxurious but understated ☺ i will say though, the handles do fray. Mine are starting to get really frayed with threads coming off. It’s not that bad and I still wear it but the handles are the only part that makes it look worn, if you get what I mean

the leather is super soft and the inside is like a suede colour so be careful of liquids (I spilled a drink in mine but it cleaned easily). The leather is so supple and it feels comfortable against your body, like it takes the shape of your body well (if that makes sense 😂)

• Heart
New to this thread. How do we feel about the marc jacobs tote? Tiktok made me buy it and im waiting for it to arrive but i half worry it's too popular

New to this thread. How do we feel about the marc jacobs tote? Tiktok made me buy it and im waiting for it to arrive but i half worry it's too popular
Personally I think it is quite popular, but probably for a reason, I know a lot of people that have it and they like it! They use it as a travel/work bag

Reactions: 2
I love it, it’s so roomy, I love that it’s floppy and doesn’t have a structure so you can throw whatever you like in it. It also looks luxurious but understated ☺ i will say though, the handles do fray. Mine are starting to get really frayed with threads coming off. It’s not that bad and I still wear it but the handles are the only part that makes it look worn, if you get what I mean

the leather is super soft and the inside is like a suede colour so be careful of liquids (I spilled a drink in mine but it cleaned easily). The leather is so supple and it feels comfortable against your body, like it takes the shape of your body well (if that makes sense 😂)
Im going to pop into their Bond St store this week and take a look! Thank you, you’ve totally sold it to me!

• Heart
Personally I think it is quite popular, but probably for a reason, I know a lot of people that have it and they like it! They use it as a travel/work bag
Its the mini I ordered to throw things in. I like the ability to see everything, no nooks and crannies

Hi fellow enablers 🥰 Has anyone any thoughts on the Gucci Jackie bag? Considering this as my next purchase
An classic IMO, and I say this as someone who's really not a Gucci fan anymore.
---
This is mine x

But it’s gone up by so much, I remember when it was like £700 something!
I have this in the grey as my work bag - not that I actually go in to work anymore! Tempted to sell as they've gone up so much but it's such a classic timeless bag that I'm worried I'll regret not keeping hold of it. Mine has worn really well and it still looks brand new.

Hi enablers, having a little chat over on this thread about fakes and dupes

Fakes and Dupes | Tattle Life

Not sure if I'm allowed to link and please delete if I shouldn't be but be interesting to hear others opinions.

Talking of fakes is anybody been following thefakebirkinslayer ? Can’t believe how many fakes there are & the range of people carrying them.

Talking of fakes is anybody been following thefakebirkinslayer ? Can’t believe how many fakes there are & the range of people carrying them.
I saw their initial posts! I can’t say I’m surprised, especially for those people which have cupboards full of them. I’ve always wondered if all of jeffree stars were real.

I’m not into fakes at all. Personally I always go for plain and classic items anyway, which aren’t copied much but if I did buy an item like an LV Neverfull, I wouldn’t care if anyone assumed it was fake. It’s my money and I enjoy spending it on nice things - it’s about the satisfaction not proving to anyone. But I’d rather have a £200 leather bag from Allsaints than a piece of tat from the market.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Fake items are insulting to the designers who take the time to create and deliver them. There are so many brands out there for every budgets. I'd rather support small brands who need my money instead of buying fake items. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a friend who buys so much fake stuff I don’t even know what’s real anymore 😳

• Wow
I used to love a stalk of the Rep Ladies sub reddit but it was taken down a while ago now. There used to be quite a few people that claimed they were super wealthy but exclusively bought fakes (sorry, “reps”) - and apparently their friends who bought “auths” couldn’t tell the difference. I just could never believe everything they said.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.