Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend who likes to buy fake versions of all the bags I have. It BREAKS me 😫😂
---
I used to love a stalk of the Rep Ladies sub reddit but it was taken down a while ago now. There used to be quite a few people that claimed they were super wealthy but exclusively bought fakes (sorry, “reps”) - and apparently their friends who bought “auths” couldn’t tell the difference. I just could never believe everything they said.
Oh I’ve been on there in the past - I used to find it fascinating! Was the forum removed then? I’m not surprised but I wonder what happened to make it be taken down.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Oh I’ve been on there in the past - I used to find it fascinating! Was the forum removed then? I’m not surprised but I wonder what happened to make it be taken down.
Yeah it was safety concerns for the sellers in China! Apparently there was a huge crackdown, some of the sellers were in prison and loads were laying low. All of their names/contact info was on the sub so not very safe I guess.

At the same time there was a lot of bad press including this article that named the subreddit so I think it wasn’t a good time for the mods - https://www.thecut.com/2022/04/repladies-fake-luxury-bags.html

I don’t understand why people buy fakes. A designer item doesn’t necessarily make you stylish nor does it instantly make you look good. Why not go for something unbranded but good quality if you can’t afford the original?

Reactions: 10
I have a friend who likes to buy fake versions of all the bags I have. It BREAKS me 😫😂
---

I have a friend who buys so much fake stuff I don’t even know what’s real anymore 😳
This reminds me of a friend of mine too! I have a gorgeous platinum and diamond eternity band that I wear on my first finger. It’s really cool (if I say so myself!!) and I saved up for it for quite a while before taking the plunge and buying it in one of the fancier jewellery shops in the city closest to me. My friend kept admiring it…then took herself off and bought a silver and CZ version, and now wears it on the same finger. FFS! I know imitation is meant to be the sincerest form of flattery, but it just pissed me off. Grr! Your friend buying fakes/dupes of your real bags is equally maddening! How do you cope?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
So if we are talking about imitation…I recently bought my first pair spectacles as my sight was beginning to get worse 🫠 and I invested in a pair of designer ones (obvs). Have a colleague who I’m pretty friendly with who has worn glasses for years - she turns up with the same glasses as me this week! She’s done it before with coats and tops and just rocks up with them on - it just annoys me 😩

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
So if we are talking about imitation…I recently bought my first pair spectacles as my sight was beginning to get worse 🫠 and I invested in a pair of designer ones (obvs). Have a colleague who I’m pretty friendly with who has worn glasses for years - she turns up with the same glasses as me this week! She’s done it before with coats and tops and just rocks up with them on - it just annoys me 😩
Oh @Wifo1976 - that's very annoying! Had this so many times though. The friend who copies me is so lovely and very dear to me but she literally has ZERO chill on the copying front and will even ask what I'm wearing when we meet up and then turn up in her fake/copied version 🙈 😂
---
This reminds me of a friend of mine too! I have a gorgeous platinum and diamond eternity band that I wear on my first finger. It’s really cool (if I say so myself!!) and I saved up for it for quite a while before taking the plunge and buying it in one of the fancier jewellery shops in the city closest to me. My friend kept admiring it…then took herself off and bought a silver and CZ version, and now wears it on the same finger. FFS! I know imitation is meant to be the sincerest form of flattery, but it just pissed me off. Grr! Your friend buying fakes/dupes of your real bags is equally maddening! How do you cope?!
Oh that's a bad shout! And so embarrassing! It does bug me sometimes and I've sold a few of my more ubiquitous bags off the back of it. The ones I use these days tend to be less copied although she did buy a fake Goyard tote about a week after she first saw mine :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I have a friend who buys so much fake stuff I don’t even know what’s real anymore 😳
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior sneakers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior trainers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha
Omg that’s happened to me! Some of my distant relative members always make comments how they would never spend that amount of money on a bag or whatever. They always try to grab my stuff to “look” at it but they aggressively grab it and try to throw it back at me like some salty ass witches 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior sneakers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha
Wow reading your comments about friends copying and hating is so shocking.
I would hit them with their own fakes. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t get people that buy fakes because it’s like you’re trying to portray an image that you aren’t? Like who are you trying to impress? 😂 if something isn’t in your financial reach just accept that. There is so much choice out there. I don’t understand when people say they got a fake Chanel classic flap because they “like the style” there are other flap bags out there…just say you want Chanel but can’t afford it lol

Reactions: 5
Agree with you all, absolutely hate fakes. With a passion!

@Scorpihoe, you've got me REALLYYYY wanting that lady dior bag that you posted on the last thread! 😍😍😍 I keep looking at it daily. It’s just so pretty.

Reactions: 1
I got this email from Hermes today. Never been so underwhelmed by an email telling me good news. It looks like a cut & paste job without much care as the fonts are all over the place. I expected better!

@champagnepinkk You need a Lady Dior in your life. It’s one of those bags that makes you feel dead feminine. The handles can be an annoyance sometimes but it’s easily forgotten. I have red & black.

Attachments

• Heart
I got this email from Hermes today. Never been so underwhelmed by an email telling me good news. It looks like a cut & paste job without much care as the fonts are all over the place. I expected better!

@champagnepinkk You need a Lady Dior in your life. It’s one of those bags that makes you feel dead feminine. The handles can be an annoyance sometimes but it’s easily forgotten. I have red & black.
Oooh congratulations.
What bag will you collect ?

Does anyone have Loewe or Celine basket bag with the brown leather in here? Been debating between both and plan to treat myself in the next couple of months but would love any advice

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have Loewe or Celine basket bag with the brown leather in here? Been debating between both and plan to treat myself in the next couple of months but would love any advice
I have the Celine in tan and I love it! I do REALLY like the Loewe one too, I realise this doesn’t help your decision😂 for me I would get more use from the smaller version with the shoulder strap. Can you get to a Selfridges or similar to check them out? I’m scared stiff of using the large one near the pool or sea, but they are beautiful. Going to make sure I get my use from it this summer. Also going to get some kind of pouch insert to go inside it as they don’t fasten. Let us know what you decide! @ATV2021 is the Loewe enabler and might be able to help you too ❤
---
!

@Scorpihoe, you've got me REALLYYYY wanting that lady dior bag that you posted on the last thread! 😍😍😍 I keep looking at it daily. It’s just so pretty.
I’m hoping to get a small Lady Dior with my bonus soon, I’m thinking the blush colour😍 however I think I’d like it in patent but they don’t have them on the website?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have the Celine in tan and I love it! I do REALLY like the Loewe one too, I realise this doesn’t help your decision😂 for me I would get more use from the smaller version with the shoulder strap. Can you get to a Selfridges or similar to check them out? I’m scared stiff of using the large one near the pool or sea, but they are beautiful. Going to make sure I get my use from it this summer. Also going to get some kind of pouch insert to go inside it as they don’t fasten. Let us know what you decide! ATV202 is the Loewe enabler and might be able to help you too ❤

Ahh a small pouch to go inside is a great idea!! Yes I’m in Liverpool but might pop over to Manchester one weekend for a look in Selfridges (any excuse 🤣) would like to physically compare the two before I buy. Thanks for responding!
---
I have the Celine in tan and I love it! I do REALLY like the Loewe one too, I realise this doesn’t help your decision😂 for me I would get more use from the smaller version with the shoulder strap. Can you get to a Selfridges or similar to check them out? I’m scared stiff of using the large one near the pool or sea, but they are beautiful. Going to make sure I get my use from it this summer. Also going to get some kind of pouch insert to go inside it as they don’t fasten. Let us know what you decide! ATV202 is the Loewe enabler and might be able to help you too ❤

Ahh a small pouch to go inside is a great idea!! Yes I’m in Liverpool but might pop over to Manchester one weekend for a look in Selfridges (any excuse 🤣) would like to physically compare the two before I buy. Thanks for responding!
Sorry @Wifo1976 this was meant to be in response to you! 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Agree with you all, absolutely hate fakes. With a passion!

Me too 😭😭 that bag lives in my head rent free. The only thing is, it’s a micro size, which is tiny! I would have liked the mini size but so far haven’t seen the heart pattern in any of the mini sizes (in pink) 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Me too 😭😭 that bag lives in my head rent free. The only thing is, it’s a micro size, which is tiny! I would have liked the mini size but so far haven’t seen the heart pattern in any of the mini sizes (in pink) 💓
I think I missed this post - please can you post again @Scorpihoe , it sounds a dream x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.