Designer Items #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
6 threads of enabling 😆

Previous thread:

Continue ❤

Reactions: 4
Whoever was asking about whether buying a Celine purse would be cheaper in Paris - yes it will be! I bought a Loewe bag in Spain last year and it was the same price in € as it was in £ so there was an exchange rate saving, plus we can claim VAT back (one small benefit of brexit). It’s a bit of a faff to remember to do at the airport but so worth it. I think my bag was £300-400 cheaper than if I’d bought in the UK! France I think has a lower tax rate so less saving but still worth it. Just ask before you check in where to reclaim taxes. It’s super easy on Eurostar.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I
Whoever was asking about whether buying a Celine purse would be cheaper in Paris - yes it will be! I bought a Loewe bag in Spain last year and it was the same price in € as it was in £ so there was an exchange rate saving, plus we can claim VAT back (one small benefit of brexit). It’s a bit of a faff to remember to do at the airport but so worth it. I think my bag was £300-400 cheaper than if I’d bought in the UK! France I think has a lower tax rate so less saving but still worth it. Just ask before you check in where to reclaim taxes. It’s super easy on Eurostar.
I don’t want to be a bore but be careful when doing this if you’re not declaring when you get in to the U.K. I have a friend who was going to have her birkin seized. Thankfully they took pity on her eventually and instead just let her pay the import tax.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I

I don’t want to be a bore but be careful when doing this if you’re not declaring when you get in to the U.K. I have a friend who was going to have her birkin seized. Thankfully they took pity on her eventually and instead just let her pay the import tax.
This happened to me. I bought a lot of gold jewellery in Dubai, including my diamond tennis bracelet, my Chanel bag, my mum bought an LV bag etc. we got back to the U.K. and they searched us after we collected our luggage, found our receipts etc and made us pay import tax. They threatened to seize everything, proper shook me up ngl I started crying 😂 it felt like we were on the show “can’t pay we’ll take it away”. We paid the tax and they gave us a booklet on import tax and said we have to pay it on anything we buy abroad that is over £350? Can’t remember the exact amount

the tax came up to quite a lot, but I remember it was still cheaper to buy abroad than in the U.K. (not by as much after the tax tho 🥲)

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That’s b
This happened to me. I bought a lot of gold jewellery in Dubai, including my diamond tennis bracelet, my Chanel bag, my mum bought an LV bag etc. we got back to the U.K. and they searched us after we collected our luggage, found our receipts etc and made us pay import tax. They threatened to seize everything, proper shook me up ngl I started crying 😂 it felt like we were on the show “can’t pay we’ll take it away”. We paid the tax and they gave us a booklet on import tax and said we have to pay it on anything we buy abroad that is over £350? Can’t remember the exact amount

the tax came up to quite a lot, but I remember it was still cheaper to buy abroad than in the U.K. (not by as much after the tax tho 🥲)
That sounds rather scary! I rarely buy abroad as I worry about this so much. Having said that I’m gullible and once believed the guy at the airport in Turkey who said I could bring back 1000 cigarettes. When we landed I panicked as I saw the sign and walked myself over to the desk to report myself. They told me to just go and that it was fine on this occasion as it was for personal use! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
what sort of work bags do you guys use? i don't want something too expensive for work but i'd like a niceish bag to take.

I think this is because you were coming in from outside the EU? Not 100% sure but I wasn’t told to declare when I entered the UK (I’ve done this tax refund in Spain and France) and I went by the book.

Reactions: 1
Thanks @spilltheteatime it was me who was asking about the Celine purse buying in Paris. I'll have to try and "create" some time in my schedule next time I go to Paris for work.
Do I need to book an appointment or can I just turn up?!

Reactions: 1
Omg I had to share this story on here, think it’ll make you laugh 🤣 I sold two pairs of Balenciaga speed trainers ages ago to this girl, waaay before anything came out about them. The same girl keeps messaging me now demanding that I give her the money back because of it but wants to keep the shoes because she wants to carry on wearing them? Is she on crack 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Cheeky cow! I sold my Triple S about a fortnight before it came out, - thank god as I’d never flog them for a decent price now.

Reactions: 5
Cheeky cow! I sold my Triple S about a fortnight before it came out, - thank god as I’d never flog them for a decent price now.
I never thought about how much I could sell them for now, good job we sold them when we did!

On another note, idk why but I’m really drawn to this bag. It’s not my style at all but I kinda like it. What does everyone think?

Reactions: 4
i looove that Bottega bag! Perfect for spring/summer the colour is gorgeous

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.