Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I've bought another pair of Orans. In black. I can't 'fess up to anyone IRL because they'll probably tell me I have a problem (and in all honesty, they'd be absolutely right) so I'm avoiding the judgement and telling you crazy cats. Welcome to Designer Items (In Confession). Praise be.
I love this! I’m going to confess too. So last year I bought a medium Celine basket bag…this year I bought the smaller one with the leather heart motif 🤦🏽‍♀️ it’s much more wearable but I haven’t told anyone because who spends £500 on 2 seasonal bags 😂 apart from my friends here 🥰
Anyway, I know I have a problem 😂
---
I've bought another pair of Orans. In black. I can't 'fess up to anyone IRL because they'll probably tell me I have a problem (and in all honesty, they'd be absolutely right) so I'm avoiding the judgement and telling you crazy cats. Welcome to Designer Items (In Confession). Praise be.
I love this! I’m going to confess too. So last year I bought a medium Celine basket bag…this year I bought the smaller one with the leather heart motif 🤦🏽‍♀️ it’s much more wearable but I haven’t told anyone because who spends £500 on 2 seasonal bags 😂 apart from my friends here 🥰
Anyway, I know I have a problem 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9

ATV2021

VIP Member
For £50 more I’d rather buy brand new on that Loewe bag and find a 10% discount code (which you can find on most sites) which would give £39 off anyway
She does give you a Lindt chocolate bar with purchases though 🤣🤣

• Haha

cherryblues

Chatty Member
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior trainers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha
Omg that’s happened to me! Some of my distant relative members always make comments how they would never spend that amount of money on a bag or whatever. They always try to grab my stuff to “look” at it but they aggressively grab it and try to throw it back at me like some salty ass bitches 😂

• Wow

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
this is my stack today 👀 sorry if it’s basic as fuck 😂😂
This is such a gorgeous combo 😭 and the engagement shoes. I want to be you when I grow up!

I’m not that bothered by fakes tbh, they’ve always been around and always will be. But I think that's why it's so important to buy designer stuff you actually like - @ATV2021 does this really well IMO with the more unusual items - and not just 'to have a designer bag' for example. Like I know LV is a bit marmite for this reason but the quality and the detail in real LV really stands out from fakes, and I am still as obsessed with the stuff I have from LV as the day I got them. I was actually on the train the other day with my LV Neverfull opposite a woman who had an extremely obvious fake and it was really amusing because we were both just sitting there eyeing up each other's bags 😂

Is anyone planning an summer accessory purchases atm? I'm hoping this sun stays around so I can get my Orans back out!

• Heart

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Idk if this warrants a separate thread - but interested to hear what you guys (especially you @Dizzy !) think about the normalisation of Hermès bags and the relentless content being churned out about them aimed at young women? 👀
This really reminds me of the normalisation of Van Cleef & Arpels. Not to sound like a pick me but I actually knew of this brand years and years ago as an avid Vogue/ELLE reader and loved the Alhambra collection but obviously £4k+ was well out of my price range. Cut to current day and this brand is as common as a high street chain!? Admittedly a lot are copies but it's become a 'status' symbol like the Cartier Love bracelet and it's just.....idk

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
It’s not designer. It’s M&S. I thought they were cute for £35.
They are really sweet, especially the white - buuuuuuuuuuuut (and I hope you guys understand what I'm saying here) that's when I start to go off something. As soon as the likes of Next and M&S start doing "copies" that just kinda kills it dead for me. Absolutely get that loads of people will love it when the high street do their interpretations though and lets face it, who's the fool here - the person who buys a wicker basket for £35 or one who buys for £500?!! 🥴 😂

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior sneakers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha
Wow reading your comments about friends copying and hating is so shocking.
I would hit them with their own fakes. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Honestly he’s sent so many pictures of other items but we all know bags are sooooo easy to spot if you know your designer stuff.

He’s also tried to say that everything is sourced from other HN stores, but that is BIG CAP 🧢 because HN doesn’t even sell a few of the brands that he’s sent pictures of 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Thanks guys! I’ll call them tomorrow, honestly I’m so upset 😂 my husband said it looks fake ☹ I just can’t believe it. I thought I was being crazy haha, I’m glad other people see it too

Jas119

I couldn’t sleep last night and I ended up ordering the Saint Laurent Toy LouLou on a whim… hope I didn’t make a mistake as I don’t usually shop like that😕

• Heart

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
I personally really like this one from RI

I bought this in Italy in black. It’s an Italian brand. Not designer.

I was planning to buy a Loewe basket but I decided I would rather treat myself to a Celine Triomohe bag or Chanel WOC at the end of the year.
Having another baby on the way so felt it was unjustified for a bag I would only use on holidays.
I’ll admire them at a distance and probably regret my decision. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
I happily judge people who have fakes for a number of reasons. Fakes are dogshit.
me sat reading this on a building site with my Amazon dupe marc jacobs large tote as I don't want to bring my expensive work bags to site 👀

All jokes aside I do agree - if you can't afford it, why pretend?

curiouserandcuriouser2022

I have a friend who likes to buy fake versions of all the bags I have. It BREAKS me 😫😂
---

Oh I’ve been on there in the past - I used to find it fascinating! Was the forum removed then? I’m not surprised but I wonder what happened to make it be taken down.
I have a friend who buys so much fake stuff I don’t even know what’s real anymore 😳
This reminds me of a friend of mine too! I have a gorgeous platinum and diamond eternity band that I wear on my first finger. It’s really cool (if I say so myself!!) and I saved up for it for quite a while before taking the plunge and buying it in one of the fancier jewellery shops in the city closest to me. My friend kept admiring it…then took herself off and bought a silver and CZ version, and now wears it on the same finger. FFS! I know imitation is meant to be the sincerest form of flattery, but it just pissed me off. Grr! Your friend buying fakes/dupes of your real bags is equally maddening! How do you cope?!

• Wow