Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Omg I had to share this story on here, think it’ll make you laugh 🤣 I sold two pairs of Balenciaga speed trainers ages ago to this girl, waaay before anything came out about them. The same girl keeps messaging me now demanding that I give her the money back because of it but wants to keep the shoes because she wants to carry on wearing them? Is she on crack 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I received my LV bag today and honestly so glad I said “fuck it” and went with the blue.
I’m in love 😍 and it smells heavenly! I’m a sucker fo a leather smell

2C1EEAFA-01ED-4EFE-B54E-07D17409D020.jpeg

Higly recommend if anybody else loves a smaller bag.

Also so glad I didn’t get the Trump bag now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This really reminds me of the normalisation of Van Cleef & Arpels. Not to sound like a pick me but I actually knew of this brand years and years ago as an avid Vogue/ELLE reader and loved the Alhambra collection but obviously £4k+ was well out of my price range. Cut to current day and this brand is as common as a high street chain!? Admittedly a lot are copies but it's become a 'status' symbol like the Cartier Love bracelet and it's just.....idk
Yes!! This is another one!! Years and years ago at work we did a research project on HNWIs and that was the first time I’d even heard of them, and the financial situations for that studied cohort was SO far removed from the people you see on social media wearing it. Even Molly Mae who imo is a key person in popularising them with the huns is currently high income isn’t in the realms of the HNWIs that shop at these brands and can genuinely afford (on every level, like there is no opportunity cost of that money because you have enough money to cover your next 5 generations).

I appreciate there’s a lot of fakes about, but fake or not I feel so deeply uncomfortable with young women feeling like these items are remotely normal for anyone in their life stage to have? Like most influencers are from intergenerational wealth so their income is just for discretionary spending, and don’t get me wrong I’m no Dave Ramsey telling ppl to drive around in styrofoam kebab boxes to save a few quid, but I worry that financial literacy in this country is so poor you’ll have young women financing these purchases at a time of ever increasing interest rates. Even if they’re cash buyers how many of them have a net worth anything close to the realm of what such a purchase would make sense for?

I know ppl have free will but idk, influencer content is so insidious and prays upon people’s insecurities. And yes some people will stretch themselves for a £1k bag and that’s also not gr8 but is still recoverable, as the stakes rise it’s just concerning to see this content growing exponentially in a vacuum of honesty? Like again an age old issue with influencers - and this applies to houses and #renos too - but I do wish the girls creating this content would say look I don’t need to pay for a house deposit or school fees or pension so my salary is just for discretionary spending and excessive consumption lbr. Because there will be women that miss out on ever having these things because they never clocked. These things are not normal, and not needed, like the ultimate luxury is financial security at the end of the day but this never gets discussed, or even an honourable mention. Then again every month it comes out that an influencer or reality star girly was living far beyond their means so maybe they’re fucked too.

I also can’t help but wonder what’s going to happen in 2/3 years when these items are passé and the preloved market becomes flooded? This is bitchy but I find it so hard to believe all these young women genuinely find these Queen Mother looking bags gorgeous and will wear them beyond this period of posturing. So when the market is flooded with them and the fakes, in the colours they didn’t really want but settled for, is anything beyond the black bags gonna go for anything? The Cartier love bands tanked didn’t they? Idk. It’s a yikes from me.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Dizzy

VIP Member
I've bought another pair of Orans. In black. I can't 'fess up to anyone IRL because they'll probably tell me I have a problem (and in all honesty, they'd be absolutely right) so I'm avoiding the judgement and telling you crazy cats. Welcome to Designer Items (In Confession). Praise be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

conrea37

VIP Member
I’ve done a thing and ordered my dream chanel bag… worked out I can afford it with credit card payments and I’ve got a lul in other payments so can add a chunk in over the next few months 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Laughalong

VIP Member
i’m getting this for my bday. really random bag and brand for me to be honest but i scouted for months for a bag around the 1k mark. originally i wanted a evening bag to be honest but absolutely nothing for 1k !!! so settled on this. i just love it and haven’t seen anyone with it yet

great everyday bag and it’s beautifully made. at one point i did consider if it looked too beachy / summery so wanted it in black but i’m over it

631FF27B-EA15-4E29-BBE7-14B8A5B23781.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18

olivia321

VIP Member
I ordered these yesterday and they arrived this morning. I thought they’d be more of a beige but seem more mushroom coloured

IMG_6657.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I never updated you on my Dior purchase! I went to the Bond St store and it was amazing, they spent so much time with us and were so lovely we almost missed our train home! I haven’t used it yet as I feel I need twillies on the handles - please can any of you advise? They were almost £400 in Dior I thought that was a lot - I’ll pick some nice silk scarves up somewhere else.
1FCE174F-8AED-45D1-B9EA-5660D01727E2.jpeg
DB349FB4-42C8-4CD0-9A81-E4DA23F56C1D.jpeg
F52D6F03-740F-4866-80A9-05F00B429EA5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

harveydean

VIP Member
I’m not into fakes at all. Personally I always go for plain and classic items anyway, which aren’t copied much but if I did buy an item like an LV Neverfull, I wouldn’t care if anyone assumed it was fake. It’s my money and I enjoy spending it on nice things - it’s about the satisfaction not proving to anyone. But I’d rather have a £200 leather bag from Allsaints than a piece of tat from the market.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Omggggg. I had to share this with you guys. Went to selfridges and Harvey Nichols today with my Mr as we are doing some holiday shopping and in Dior department, we had a guy helping us who happened to be a member of management. He was complaining about personal shoppers hiding items as he was looking for a pair of trainers for Mr… he eventually came back with them and as we finished up shopping he gave us his personal number and said anything we need, give him a text. Basically doing up personal shopper himself…

Mr sent him a message this evening, asking if he had certain items to which he’s only gone and sent us pictures of a bunch of FAKE items!!! And they’re so obviously fake as well. I’ll attach some photos in a bit. I’m actually shocked that a staff member of Harvey Nichols would do such a thing when he could become a personal shopper properly if he wanted?! Appalling!

Had to share with you lot.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
This happened. This thread is entirely to blame and I’m so here for it 😁
I fell in love with your bag yesterday. I kept thinking about it all day so I purchased it online just now. I chose the Medium size.
I can’t believe I finally bought a designer basket bag.
This thread is dangerous. @avtv1234. It’s all your fault my children will have to starve. 🤣
Now I have to hide the post from hubbie. Shhhh 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

harveydean

VIP Member
I love it on here! I’m not showy IRL and only buy classics (I’m late 40s and prefer more investment pieces.) I’ve recently bought a vintage classic Chanel flap and that’s as flashy as I’ll go!

I love seeing what everyone has their eyes on! I work hard, I’m a single mum and I enjoy treating myself - most of my clothes are Zara and H&M so I like to add in a key designer piece to elevate.

On my list for this year -

- Another Chanel flap (mine is lamb skin and special occasions only!)
- Gucci wool scarf in cream
- Burberry trench (currently have an H&M one!)
- Hermes Oran in brown
- Saint Laurent College bag in cream
- Gucci loafers (I have an H&M dupe which are so close!)
- New card holder
- Gucci horsebit handbag (unsure which one)
- Valentino rockstar sandals (are there really out now? I still love them…)
- Gucci sandals
- Saint Laurent belt in cream/black

I have a whole Pinterest board too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13