Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Holidaybobs

VIP Member
I haven’t seen any that spring to mind, but will keep you in mind! A quick google search brought me here: (but you might be looking for something fancier!)
Thank you ❤ due my first baby in a couple of weeks so wanted a little something with their initial

• Heart
Reactions: 7

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I just love this thread, love seeing what everyone else is saving for/buying and what’s on peoples wish lists. I feel like this is the only place I can enjoy and share things because if I share my bags too much in real life I get people asking to borrow them and they make me feel like a bitch when I have to say no because I know they’ll get drunk and have no respect for them!

I’m in the market for a new card holder with a ring for my keys so loving browsing for that 🤍

• Heart
Just to let everybody know we must be being listened to. Was in a store today and mentioned Gucci. I shit you not 20 min later Gucci sent me a text 😂

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Update on Cettire - bag arrived yesterday. Brand new with tags, didn't come with a box but did come with a dustbag which is good enough for me. I don't think it is a second hand site for the person wondering about selling on there. I'm super impressed and would definitely buy from there again, they have a lot of current season stuff on there so worth a look

Wifo1976

VIP Member
So if we are talking about imitation…I recently bought my first pair spectacles as my sight was beginning to get worse 🫠 and I invested in a pair of designer ones (obvs). Have a colleague who I’m pretty friendly with who has worn glasses for years - she turns up with the same glasses as me this week! She’s done it before with coats and tops and just rocks up with them on - it just annoys me 😩

• Wow
  • Angry
I love my luxury brands and one of the reasons has always been that the quality is far better than most. However it might also just be that the UK doesn't have enough independent shops making luxury leather items and that is something I really miss.
I grew up abroad and we had a lot of independent shops and crafters making the most amazing things and really good quality. So you don't feel like you're missing out if you can't afford luxury brands
Agreed re UK not having a strong offering in this space, any time I’ve seen nice quality leather goods it’s been very…. National trust gift shop? Like it’d be a frumpy patchwork leather cross body bag merchandised next to a bright purple wool felted scarf with inexplicable star burst detail. Very Nutty and Giles.

• Haha

Curly

VIP Member
Hated basket bags until this thread 🙈🤣 now contemplating buying at the end of the month 🤣🙈 BUT also really want a pair of prada trainers I have had my eye on

• Heart
  • Haha

pommynoir

VIP Member
Omggggg. I had to share this with you guys. Went to selfridges and Harvey Nichols today with my Mr as we are doing some holiday shopping and in Dior department, we had a guy helping us who happened to be a member of management. He was complaining about personal shoppers hiding items as he was looking for a pair of trainers for Mr… he eventually came back with them and as we finished up shopping he gave us his personal number and said anything we need, give him a text. Basically doing up personal shopper himself…

Mr sent him a message this evening, asking if he had certain items to which he’s only gone and sent us pictures of a bunch of FAKE items!!! And they’re so obviously fake as well. I’ll attach some photos in a bit. I’m actually shocked that a staff member of Harvey Nichols would do such a thing when he could become a personal shopper properly if he wanted?! Appalling!

Had to share with you lot.
I wouldn’t normally be a snitch but I deffo think you should report him. Also check your fellas trainers aren’t snides.

Dizzy

VIP Member
So if we are talking about imitation…I recently bought my first pair spectacles as my sight was beginning to get worse 🫠 and I invested in a pair of designer ones (obvs). Have a colleague who I’m pretty friendly with who has worn glasses for years - she turns up with the same glasses as me this week! She’s done it before with coats and tops and just rocks up with them on - it just annoys me 😩
Oh @Wifo1976 - that's very annoying! Had this so many times though. The friend who copies me is so lovely and very dear to me but she literally has ZERO chill on the copying front and will even ask what I'm wearing when we meet up and then turn up in her fake/copied version 🙈 😂
---
This reminds me of a friend of mine too! I have a gorgeous platinum and diamond eternity band that I wear on my first finger. It’s really cool (if I say so myself!!) and I saved up for it for quite a while before taking the plunge and buying it in one of the fancier jewellery shops in the city closest to me. My friend kept admiring it…then took herself off and bought a silver and CZ version, and now wears it on the same finger. FFS! I know imitation is meant to be the sincerest form of flattery, but it just pissed me off. Grr! Your friend buying fakes/dupes of your real bags is equally maddening! How do you cope?!
Oh that's a bad shout! And so embarrassing! It does bug me sometimes and I've sold a few of my more ubiquitous bags off the back of it. The ones I use these days tend to be less copied although she did buy a fake Goyard tote about a week after she first saw mine :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Which one would you choose? Black is probably the most sensible and even though I love the navy one it’s “big” for me as I tend to use smaller bags.
I’ll be honest I need to be talked out of buying the bubblegum blue 😅🥴😩
View attachment 2141521
Sky blue by a country mile - I can relate to finding it difficult to move away from classic/neutral colours but honestly you’ll love that bag so much more as it’s what you actually love not what you “should”, it’s fun, and will always feel like a you item so get used more and for longer to boot.

The navy is best left unspoken about - that bag looks like it would be a regular on the Trump rally circuit.

• Haha

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
I know 🤣🤣 I couldn’t afford my first piece of designer jewellery until I was in my late twenties yet looking at the generation below they’ve got it all by 22 apparently 🤣
I think a lot of it stems from most are still living at home at that age.
This current generation are living at home with their parents no bills to pay so spend all their money on designer brands they see on instagram rather than save a deposit for a home.

I must admit once I came into having a more disposable income I wanted all the nice things. I used to spend spend spend until I realised I would rather be financially secure.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Omg me too, I’ve recently landed (what is hopefully 🤞🏻) my dream job and I left my current one yesterday, I feel like I ought to buy something special but it’s a fleeting thought, there’s nothing I NEED and there’s so much choice out there that it’s easier to just go “nah” and think about something else. (First world problems 😅)

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Me & Maje went out to lunch today. Actually a decent sized little bag! Fit my purse (long ted baker one), phone, keys and vape with space

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
I love the basket bags but hate that I’m clumsy and will probably have the straw straggling after a few wears. I also love the Dior book tote but £2.5k for a tote? Does anybody else go from one extreme to another? I’m either counting pennies (needlessly) and think everything is overpriced or i am spending (carelessly) like I’ve won the lottery! There is no happy median.
Also me 😆. Look at something on Vinted for £4 like oof....nope.

Ooh £345 LV necklace?! In my bag!

• Haha

Notorious PIG

I’ve been buying old bags lately (what the cool kids and fashionistas call “vintage”). Last weekend I went to my first ever live auction, it was very exciting and drama-packed as I furiously bidded for an old lambskin Chanel flap. Went a fair bit over my original budget but still worth it to me. This Lot was between me, someone via live phone bid and someone else via online live as the auction being live-streamed.

No regrets though, as this was my only realistic option of ever getting a Chanel bag. I have been completely priced out of anything from the boutique.

Also recently got some old Dior oblique bags purchased online. A Boston bag in the older style font and a clutch in the newer style font (which I might try and fix hardware to so I can attach a chain strap).

Also got an old Fendi Boston bag awaiting arrival. Looks like great condition except the dark brown piping has worn off, so I will have to see what I can do about it.

• Heart