Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Just treated myself to a pair of Celine Triomphe sunglasses and they're really gorgeous (they're the black and gold 09s and I'm in love)

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Hello lovelies! I’m planning on going to London on Monday and I’m thinking of going to get my Lady Dior - which store would you ladies in the know recommend for service? new Bond Street? Sloane Street? I’ve always gone to Manchester for any purchases so I’m quite excited 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for your v informative breakdown here - I meant to come back to this sooner. Yeah I guess the key is as you say, pricing out the people who may have bought one or a few bags. That does make sense. I'd love to know what their demographic of shoppers is. Like, what percentage are the truly wealthy and what percentage are people who buy just once or twice.
This was a huge part of my last job but obviously can’t disclose specifics obvs but feel like it’s p common knowledge if not just the obvious that the wealthiest customers shop more often, buy more, and buy more expensive and oftentimes higher margin products. They are the bread and butter of the business and if retaining or developing them means culling the low frequency/spend masses to appease them then clearly Chanel are ok with that. Personally for me I think it’s ick and would never shop there as a non high value customer but I’m v disillusioned with the industry anyway tbh lol.

Idk if this is common knowledge but brands can (and do!) buy third party datasets for a variety of reasons but it wouldn’t be difficult to model the potential impact of such a decision - customers/revenue lost based upon household disposable/income or credit profiles and then budget for the growth needed in certain centile(s) to offset that. But 🤐

I do wonder what this means for the 5, 10+ year outlook for physical stores tho. Like on top of all the industry wide issues impacting retail. They need geographical coverage cos despite common misconceptions/prejudices there’s a lot of money/spend ex-London, but I don’t see how sustaining so many physical premises will make sense with them tightening up on who can access shopping with them? I feel this more for LV than Chanel who are comparatively lighter on stores, but they’re still somewhat accessibly priced I suppose 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry for essay. It’s interesting and I do wonder how priced out customers will react? Emma Anders put out a video yesterday that was like idc which was not surprising but I also have to wonder what some of these brands have to do to deter stans? Like she described shocking (imo) quality issues and still doesn’t care, like does Chanel have to sell you dogshit in a bag before you have questions about their intentions? 🫠

Reactions: 10

Lilly Lou

thank you 🥹💓 also I agree, LV is one of the most obvious brands to spot a fake from. I feel like they’re just so obvious!

I’ve got my orans out today, and they’re so comfortable. I had so many blisters the first few times I wore them, but they’re great now!

Side note, what does everyone think of goyard? 👀 I’m obsessed with this green 💚 does anyone own a goyard bag?

View attachment 2199179
I have this exact bag 💚 Went to Paris to purchase!! 100000% recommend!! You won’t regret it 💚
DCB06EE6-8E34-47FC-9948-563BCCEF3DE9.jpeg

• Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking further on the young people being pressured to buy designer items thing (please ignore if not interested, or else feel free to start a thread if there is enough interest).

As well as individual influencers, I think a lot of the blame lies with these aff link farm websites (can’t think of a better term, but the ones that are basically blogs/online magazines who get all their income from affiliates and spon con). Who What Wear, Sheerluxe, Wardrobe Icons etc. There’s an article on WWW today about the Matches sale and all the things they link are hundreds of pounds. They write about items as though everything is a “must have”, which is obviously their MO and how they make money, but I think it’s kind of morally dubious. I’m a reasonably high earner and have a few nice bits, but surely the people who are in a position to spend hundreds on a top or a blazer are like the 0.1%? Even I find myself feeling like I should be splurging on these items, before I catch myself on, and I’m 36.
Examples:
5BD96FDB-1CE3-4485-A59E-0C5162A586AD.png
[
BE74E011-5170-436E-8A21-20CD034FCCE2.png
553428F5-0C27-4273-92E3-784E603D4F9D.png

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I

I don’t want to be a bore but be careful when doing this if you’re not declaring when you get in to the U.K. I have a friend who was going to have her birkin seized. Thankfully they took pity on her eventually and instead just let her pay the import tax.
This happened to me. I bought a lot of gold jewellery in Dubai, including my diamond tennis bracelet, my Chanel bag, my mum bought an LV bag etc. we got back to the U.K. and they searched us after we collected our luggage, found our receipts etc and made us pay import tax. They threatened to seize everything, proper shook me up ngl I started crying 😂 it felt like we were on the show “can’t pay we’ll take it away”. We paid the tax and they gave us a booklet on import tax and said we have to pay it on anything we buy abroad that is over £350? Can’t remember the exact amount

the tax came up to quite a lot, but I remember it was still cheaper to buy abroad than in the U.K. (not by as much after the tax tho 🥲)

• Wow

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Oh my god this is hilarious 🤣🤣 I’m in Birmingham Harvey Nichols all the time, I wonder if I’ve come across him 🤣

also they don’t even stock LV wtf 😭 I wonder what would happen if you tried to order something, would he meet up in the park and exchange the bag for cash? 🤣 “order” it in to Harvey Nichols? I’m so curious! Would it come with a HN receipt? 🤣
Exactly! They don’t even stock LV and there’s several other items he’s sent as well that HN don’t even stock 😂😂 honestly he’s such a dopey looking guy as well like how would it have even worked. He must Deffo try and get bank transfers off people to scam them…

My fella CUSSED him out last night and HN guy has blocked him 😂😂 guilty or what. We are off to return the trainers this morning so I’ll keep you all updated ✌🏽

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Changing the subject.

Anyone seen or know of any good sales coming up?

Also, I'm in the market for wedding shoes (woohoo!). Do you guys have any recommendations? I want coppery gold rather than ivory/silver and I would prefer an open toe. I really like the Aquazzura Tequila sandals but for £1100 it's just too much :-(

View attachment 2196800
These were the shoes I had…

Engagement party:
B9B03046-3801-475D-AFAF-2EAAC0DF301E.jpeg

wedding day:
4E2C64CA-4023-4188-9636-39D88DB574EE.jpeg

we’re doing our legal marriage at the council next month, I need some shoes for that 🤣🤣

• Heart

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
I
Whoever was asking about whether buying a Celine purse would be cheaper in Paris - yes it will be! I bought a Loewe bag in Spain last year and it was the same price in € as it was in £ so there was an exchange rate saving, plus we can claim VAT back (one small benefit of brexit). It’s a bit of a faff to remember to do at the airport but so worth it. I think my bag was £300-400 cheaper than if I’d bought in the UK! France I think has a lower tax rate so less saving but still worth it. Just ask before you check in where to reclaim taxes. It’s super easy on Eurostar.
I don’t want to be a bore but be careful when doing this if you’re not declaring when you get in to the U.K. I have a friend who was going to have her birkin seized. Thankfully they took pity on her eventually and instead just let her pay the import tax.

• Wow

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
I don’t understand why people buy fakes. A designer item doesn’t necessarily make you stylish nor does it instantly make you look good. Why not go for something unbranded but good quality if you can’t afford the original?

ATV2021

VIP Member
I won the lottery a few years back 🤫😉

just kidding I’m a student, my dad funds my life 🫣
Is your Dad single 🫢🤣

My Cartier ring was inheritance money lol some bags were too, basket one I did specific overtime to buy that baby

• Haha

Laughalong

VIP Member
People that buy fakes are fucking weird. It’s hilarious when people wear colour ways of bags that literally don’t exist :D like if I had £30-50 and needed to buy a bag, I’d just go to Zara or H&M? Why would I buy a fake LV and try and pass it off as real, because you can tell a mile away the difference in the quality of the print, colour and leather
---
DE08C4B6-D4D7-4AED-BAA3-468C1D6804BD.png

Personal fave

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Me, as a 25 year old wearing my Cartier and Van cleef bracelets, reading this chat 👀🤣

Just to offer a different perspective, honestly though, it might be where I’ve grown up or the people I’m surrounded by, but it’s quite normal to have Cartier/Van cleef bracelets and designer bags when you’re young, bought by your parents. I spent a lot of time in the UAE as well, and its not uncommon to see Chanel bags on young women or stacks of diamond jewellery or a Rolex on a 20 something year old. It is definitely very different in England!

Of course, if you’re working a part time, low wage job with a mortgage and kids and you have 3 VCA bracelets on, you’re not fooling anyone haha, I agree with you guys. But I’m sure people look at me (a student, who dresses casually, often no makeup, usually in scrubs 😂), and think my stuff is fake. But that’s fine, I probably don’t fit their usual image of someone who wears expensive designer jewellery 😂 but it won’t stop me wearing any of it 💓

this is my stack today 👀 sorry if it’s basic as fuck 😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
I honestly cannot get enough of this chat - I find it fascinating how the markets work and how each demographic of customer is targetted (or not). Over on The Purse Forums, there are a lot of very well informed posters and buyers. Some of them have an encyclopaedic knowledge of products, price points, stock levels, history of the brand etc. With regards to quality, the general feeling is that it has dropped considerably over the last 5 years.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Does anyone obsess over trying to get a bag down in price once they’ve got their eye on it lol?

The Burberry bag I’m getting is £1,050. I’ve spent hours relentlessly picking online retailers and then searching for codes and got it down to £895 on 24S.

chinesewhisperss

Chatty Member
I love the basket bags but hate that I’m clumsy and will probably have the straw straggling after a few wears. I also love the Dior book tote but £2.5k for a tote? Does anybody else go from one extreme to another? I’m either counting pennies (needlessly) and think everything is overpriced or i am spending (carelessly) like I’ve won the lottery! There is no happy median.

• Heart

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Trainers have been returned and got some from Louis V instead 😁

I also had a lengthy chat with another staff member who seemed appalled by what happened yesterday and has given me all the details to complain so I’ll be writing a lengthy email later 📧