Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Anne1448

VIP Member
Fake items are insulting to the designers who take the time to create and deliver them. There are so many brands out there for every budgets. I'd rather support small brands who need my money instead of buying fake items. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13

curiouserandcuriouser2022

After an opinion! My husband has bought me a mulberry Bayswater tote for my birthday in Green. I like it but I’m so indecisive… do I stick with green (which I think would go with almost all colours) or swap for the oak (tan) which is prob more classic?!
It’s for an everyday bag, thanks
It’s a gorgeous bag! Swoon 💖
If you do like the green (and seeing it was a gift!) why not keep it, praise your hubby to high heavens at every available opportunity for having the good taste to buy it for you…and meanwhile you have yourself a beautiful bag in a slightly more quirky and sassy colour than other neutrals. When your next big occasion is coming up, he or you might just have to take inspo from his previous success and get an oak one then. Win win!

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I just love this thread, love seeing what everyone else is saving for/buying and what’s on peoples wish lists. I feel like this is the only place I can enjoy and share things because if I share my bags too much in real life I get people asking to borrow them and they make me feel like a bitch when I have to say no because I know they’ll get drunk and have no respect for them!

I’m in the market for a new card holder with a ring for my keys so loving browsing for that 🤍
I agree with you, I haven’t told my closest friends or family what I’m doing tomorrow as I don’t want judgement or to be perceived as showing off. I work hard and ‘nice things’ are my Achilles heel, and it’s nice to be able to share that hobby with like-minded people on here.
I am on a few FB groups but they seem to be the other way where it is a bit showy, this thread had the right balance imo 🫶🏼

• Heart

hytuhh

Chatty Member
I really want to get a few pairs BUT I don’t think they’d be good for my wide feet
I know this absolutely goes against the purpose of this thread however the Primark dupes for the Hermes sandals are literally SO comfy!! They are cushioned and they have lots of different colours. Apologies if I do get banned for suggesting Primark on a Designer Items thread but sometimes it's helpful to know the good dupes 🤣

• Haha

bananabutter

VIP Member
It is interesting and I’d read a thread about it! I’m wondering if perhaps millennials wouldn’t be seen dead in such obvious fakes (Celine belts aside 😅) but Gen Z don’t care so much? Or are they just too young to be aware of how it looks to have £20k+ worth of jewellery stacked up your arm in your 20s? Personally I’d be cringing for them but maybe I am just a staid millennial 🤣
I agree with this I think it’s a generational thing. There’s some girls at my work in their early 20’s who, assuming they were real, have over £50k worth of bracelets on who are earning less than £25k. It would be far more believable if they just wore one 🤣

• Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
I know ppl have free will but idk, influencer content is so insidious and prays upon people’s insecurities. And yes some people will stretch themselves for a £1k bag and that’s also not gr8 but is still recoverable, as the stakes rise it’s just concerning to see this content growing exponentially in a vacuum of honesty? Like again an age old issue with influencers - and this applies to houses and #renos too - but I do wish the girls creating this content would say look I don’t need to pay for a house deposit or school fees or pension so my salary is just for discretionary spending and excessive consumption lbr. Because there will be women that miss out on ever having these things because they never clocked. These things are not normal, and not needed, like the ultimate luxury is financial security at the end of the day but this never gets discussed, or even an honourable mention. Then again every month it comes out that an influencer or reality star girly was living far beyond their means so maybe they’re fucked too.
this bit i especially agree with. mentioned a few months ago that i was thinking of a ysl bag for my 21st but now i'm completely off the idea and am saving towards driving lessons instead. i actually had some money from a passed relative that would completely cover the cost but it just didn't appeal anymore. now i'm in uni i've seen a few girls with valentino bags and dior book totes and i just immediately assume they're fake? although it's actually the boys i see in designer clothes most often which surprised me, but they're likely fakes too.

i'd also much rather purchase something when i feel like i've earned it rather than just because, so might look at bags again once i've graduated or get a post uni job. also appreciating the little but often things a bit more, going out for a year of nice meals or getting my nails done semi regularly brings more joy than a branded bag right now, and i'll only get one when i can comfortably do both without guilt!

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel off put by MK, Kate Spade, and other lower end luxury now? Idk what it is but I feel like they're too obtainable and everyone has them. I was going to buy a cute cheap Hermes tote till I saw an older man with it. I can only afford lower end so idk what's wrong with my head. 😂
I am a total bag snob and would never go for those kind of brands now. I do have a Marc Jacobs half moon cross body which is, I guess 8 years old now (really well made, gorgeous colour and great for gigs) but that’s it. I have a particular dislike for Michael Kors (sorry!) as I think they’ve really manipulated the market of people who can’t afford high end but want something ‘designer’ by whacking a logo on what are really shit products. It’s a complicated one because I totally get that people want nice ‘posh’ things but can’t afford the ridiculous prices of higher end bags but for MK in particular you’re paying for that logo - the item itself is dogshit.

Reactions: 12
Whoever was asking about whether buying a Celine purse would be cheaper in Paris - yes it will be! I bought a Loewe bag in Spain last year and it was the same price in € as it was in £ so there was an exchange rate saving, plus we can claim VAT back (one small benefit of brexit). It’s a bit of a faff to remember to do at the airport but so worth it. I think my bag was £300-400 cheaper than if I’d bought in the UK! France I think has a lower tax rate so less saving but still worth it. Just ask before you check in where to reclaim taxes. It’s super easy on Eurostar.

• Heart

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Is he charging full price as well? 🤣 honestly that’s mad, I probably wouldn’t even clocked and would have just trusted him
Tbh he didn’t send prices BUT he’s claiming that they’re all authentic and he’s saying that he’s sourced them through other stores but wait until you guys see the pictures. They’re proper weird dhgate stock style pictures, they’re not even pictures of stock taken in the stores, you know the way that other PS show stock, like Annika for example.
---
@champagnepinkk that is crazy - report him, i'd hate to think of people being conned out of their hard earned cash by him
@Scorpihoe - same! I definitely don’t want anybody getting scammed so he will 100000% be reported. I’ll upload the pics
---
Was this in London or Manchester?
Birmingham
---
This is shocking! Especially if this is "management". I agree with others take those trainers back, how can you trust they aren't fake now.

Personally I would take screenshots of the whole conversation and then inform his employers. This reflects so badly on them.

I honestly can't believe someone would be so stupid to do this, especially if the items are so clearly fake.
Maybe he lied about being management, cos it’s absolutely shocking but absolutely appalling to come from a staff member regardless! It does reflect really badly on them so I will for sure complain.

So here’s a few of the first pictures - as you can see they’re very dhgate - esque and look at them awful straps 😭

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha

conrea37

VIP Member
IMG_2002.jpeg

Collected my purchase and headed home, only now had a good look at it and it’s ideal! It was advertised as a small but the measurements were right on, the tag actually has it as a mini. It’s a lovely mint green colour (just as the photos on site) and has a lot of room, I wish it had inside pockets but I can manage without as it’s easy to access inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
It is interesting and I’d read a thread about it! I’m wondering if perhaps millennials wouldn’t be seen dead in such obvious fakes (Celine belts aside 😅) but Gen Z don’t care so much? Or are they just too young to be aware of how it looks to have £20k+ worth of jewellery stacked up your arm in your 20s? Personally I’d be cringing for them but maybe I am just a staid millennial 🤣

• Haha

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
I have a friend who buys so much fake stuff I don’t even know what’s real anymore 😳
My boyfriend’s sister and her best friend are the same. Everything they own is fake and it’s actually embarrassing 🤣 His sister will come to our house and ask to see my things and she once threatened to stamp on my Dior sneakers when we were out because (I think) she was that jealous they were real 🤣 Even typing that out sounds ridiculous hahaha

• Wow
  • Angry

Esme

VIP Member
This thread has slowly made me want a basket bag and previously I was meh about them, mainly as I’m a stay at home parent with two tinies, so I rarely get to use a bag right now other than a changing bag 😂

However, I saw this and now I’m like I need it
IMG_2433.png

• Heart