Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goyard definitely. Seen too many Z listers and Love Island flops with Jacquemus bags!!
That was my thinking too!! I love the style of the Jacquemus but I just have a feeling it will go out of style and like you said…. too many Z listers 😄😄😄 I think Goyard it is then 🥰🥰 I’ll send a pic to the thread when I’ve got it 👜🤎
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
You ladies would be in the know…

I’ve just gotten a bonus and have decided that while most of it will go to my house deposit fund… I can still spare a little something something for a new bag 😌 want to be clever though - I’m heading to New York for work next month, do we think things might be slightly cheaper there or should I just stick to shops here? I’m thinking about either getting something from Gucci or YSL.
I live in New York (originally from the Uk) and it’s def cheaper to buy chanel, Louis Vuitton etc in Europe. ❤
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I bought it as a birthday gift to myself too 🥰🎁 My birthday is next Saturday so decided to treat myself early. I am based in Ireland so I bought it in the Celine concession in the Brown Thomas department store in Dublin 🤎
Ha, it’s mine next Sunday! Us Pisces have similar tastes ❤ Thanks, I might try Selfridges in store x
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
In this thread. We should find out everyone’s birthday and raise them some funds for their next expensive purchase. Is go fund my expensive habits a thing? 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
In this thread. We should find out everyone’s birthday and raise them some funds for their next expensive purchase. Is go fund my expensive habits a thing? 🤣
I'm sure it is somewhere on the Web 🤣

PS mines May... haha
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Hubs asked what I want for my birthday over the weekend, I haven’t given him my answer yet….
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
What do you ladies think of Canada goose coats? 🥰

I did purchase one over the weekend! (The Montebello style) I was heavily influenced by my bestie who looked fab in hers
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
37CA0299-7371-4DB4-BB15-24E7751A1CE7.png

I’ve asked for these for my bday in April 😬 if anyone has any tips on how we could get hold of them they would be greatly appreciated!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
General question,

What’s the most you’d spend on a bag.
- Watch
- Item of Jewellery like ring/bracelet

and how do you pay?
out right, on credit.
Always interested to know what the cut off point is for people.
Good question on cut off points and how people pay for their purchases! don't have a huge collection of designer stuff but I'll either pay using my work bonus or put it on credit and move money from savings (which I'll have built up specifically for a designer piece as opposed to general rainy day funds) to pay it off. I always have a 0% interest credit card and probably most importantly, enough money saved aside to cover the purchase if I needed to pay it off there and then. I'll usually pay 50% there and then and then pay off the remaining 50% over a few months, don't really know why I do this but that's just what I do and it works for me.

Tbh I consider it a hobby, I'm not massivey into dining out or going to the pub and have friends who would easily drop £250 per month on those things whereas I could save that towards a bag. I don't have kids or any massive outgoings either and I guess a lot of it comes down to basic money management!

I'm quite careful about the brands and pieces I do buy, I'd be OK with paying for a Chanel flap bag (maybe not now mind you cause of the insane price increases) or a Cartier bracelet because I know they'll hold their value and it's an investment. Personally I avoid the more "on trend" bags and designers. I only buy bags and jewellery too, never got into shoes (used to live in a very rainy part of the UK so I wouldn't really have an opportunity to wear them, they'd get trashed too quickly!) or clothing because again, a lot of designer clothing doesn't really hold its value.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What do you ladies think of Canada goose coats? 🥰

I did purchase one over the weekend! (The Montebello style) I was heavily influenced by my bestie who looked fab in hers
I looooveeee mine! I have the same one 😊 So warm and VERY waterproof!!

I really want to get a longer black one but I can’t justify it at the min when I’ve got 7 million other coats 😭
 
View attachment 1107905
I’ve asked for these for my bday in April 😬 if anyone has any tips on how we could get hold of them they would be greatly appreciated!
I’m trying to get some too. Follow classles on Instagram she often gets them, put on alerts as they come and go in a blink of an eye!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I’m trying to get some too. Follow classles on Instagram she often gets them, put on alerts as they come and go in a blink of an eye!
Thank you I will follow! My husband works in London quite a lot so I’m sending him hunting I’m harrods 🤞 the shoe department there is normally quite good!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.