Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You ladies would be in the know…

I’ve just gotten a bonus and have decided that while most of it will go to my house deposit fund… I can still spare a little something something for a new bag 😌 want to be clever though - I’m heading to New York for work next month, do we think things might be slightly cheaper there or should I just stick to shops here? I’m thinking about either getting something from Gucci or YSL.

Reactions: 2

I’ve just gotten a bonus and have decided that while most of it will go to my house deposit fund… I can still spare a little something something for a new bag 😌 want to be clever though - I’m heading to New York for work next month, do we think things might be slightly cheaper there or should I just stick to shops here? I’m thinking about either getting something from Gucci or YSL.
I don’t really know if there would be much price difference but it might be fun to browse the 5th ave stores and treat yourself! X

I know Tiffany were cheaper in NY (even after adding tax) than the UK. If you can force the US website you'll be able to compare bits and then see the cost + tax. I checked the Tiffany website when I was there as I forgot and it was about £40 different, not life changing but if it's something you want and you're there anyway...

According to the Loub site they do the Kate, So Kate, and Hot Chick in 43! I’m a 42 and I find it a struggle too. Jimmy Choo, Manolo and Valentino are my general go to. Valentino sizes are really generous as well so if they don’t do a 43 you might be okay with a 42
I've got friends who have Loubs and all say they're uncomfortable vs Jimmy Choo. I wonder if any of the bicester shops will have a 43 for me to try so I can join in the shoe shopping (that isn't in Clarks! 🤣).

Last edited:
I've got friends who have Loubs and all say they're uncomfortable vs Jimmy Choo. I wonder if any of the bicester shops will have a 43 for me to try so I can join in the shoe shopping (that isn't in Clarks! 🤣).
They are, I had a pair a few years ago and sold them after two wears! I find Jimmy Choo so comfortable, I wear them for work. I got some Manolos in a 42 last year from the online Bicester service and they had quite a few styles so you might be in luck!

@Ss1471 @AbiLouX thank you! I sold my Loubs on Depop so going to try there again:)

Reactions: 1
I really like Aquazurra, they're comfy and pretty!

What do you guys think about Amina Muaddi?

Thank you for such honest replies to such a cheeeky question! ❤ You’re a lovely bunch I really didn’t expect such honesty! ☺

I will have to live vicariously through you all until I perfect my bank robbery skills! 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I find stuff from Europe is pricier in the US. The only stuff I get for cheaper out there is American, so Tom Ford and Alexander Wang etc. Not great for bags imo.

Reactions: 5
Hi everyone, I’m off to Paris in a few weeks 🇫🇷 and hoping to treat myself to a bag while I’m there. At the moment I’m torn between getting a Jacquemus Le Grand Chiquito or a Goyard tote. Which one would you all go for??? 👜👜

Thoughts on vintage chanel earrings? I’ve come across a unique pair - no box or anything though which puts me off a little. Authenticated

I really like Aquazurra, they're comfy and pretty!

What do you guys think about Amina Muaddi?
I love Aquazzurra as well. I don’t like the heel shape on Amina Muaddi and I always think peoples feet look weird in the clear ones so they’re a no from me.

Reactions: 4
I love Aquazzurra as well. I don’t like the heel shape on Amina Muaddi and I always think peoples feet look weird in the clear ones so they’re a no from me.
I have a couple of aminas because i really like how they look and they're actually pretty comfy considering the weird heel shape but i 100% agree with you on the clear pvc ones, I have a pair and as gorgeous as they are to look at they look so weird on my feet. Everyone can your see toes squished together. It's not a cute look. 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Fairly standard sizing - I’d say a size 80 would fit a dress size 10 on the hips and then on the waist with blazers/dresses. Very chic looking 🤎

Thanks so much. The bag is a ‘See by Chloe’ that I got from My Theresa. Love it so much 🥰🥰🥰

See by Chloe bag - on sale at Farfetch at the moment 🥰
@Lilly Lou do you mind if I ask where you bought your belt from? It’s my birthday soon you see👀 Online it seems that you have to buy from Celine, but 24S have them and they will (hopefully) give me a birthday discount of some sort. They’ve just had a £100 off £400 spend!

Hi everyone, I’m off to Paris in a few weeks 🇫🇷 and hoping to treat myself to a bag while I’m there. At the moment I’m torn between getting a Jacquemus Le Grand Chiquito or a Goyard tote. Which one would you all go for??? 👜👜
goyard tote 1000%!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have a couple of aminas because i really like how they look and they're actually pretty comfy considering the weird heel shape but i 100% agree with you on the clear pvc ones, I have a pair and as gorgeous as they are to look at they look so weird on my feet. Everyone can your see toes squished together. It's not a cute look. 😂 😂
Haha yeh and it’s not even that their feet are horrible it’s just impossible for them to not look squished in when they are that pointy. Having said that about the heel I do actually like these one..

Attachments

@Lilly Lou do you mind if I ask where you bought your belt from? It’s my birthday soon you see👀 Online it seems that you have to buy from Celine, but 24S have them and they will (hopefully) give me a birthday discount of some sort. They’ve just had a £100 off £400 spend!
I bought it as a birthday gift to myself too 🥰🎁 My birthday is next Saturday so decided to treat myself early. I am based in Ireland so I bought it in the Celine concession in the Brown Thomas department store in Dublin 🤎

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Goyard definitely. Seen too many Z listers and Love Island flops with Jacquemus bags!!

Reactions: 8
The goyard because I think it’s more timeless but I have heard that they aren’t amazing quality for carrying around too much stuff. They look beautiful and classy on though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.