Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You should always spend on quality shoes and a quality mattress, cus your always in one or the other! 😂🙌🏼 #lifeadvice

Love Kate spade!, also have a couple of MK handbags for everyday and I do like the quality of them to be fair :)
I noticed recently that TK Maxx had some Kate Spade bags in store.

Reactions: 2
This is such an enabling thread 😍

Does anyone have any expertise with the Van Cleef & Arpels Sweet Alhambra bracelets? I’d love this in white gold but it looks like it’s only the 5 motif version that is available in that material. Does anyone know if they make the single motif in white gold? I don’t own any yellow gold, only silver or white gold and just seems a faff getting it rhodium plated 😕 x

C798F135-AC5E-4DB6-93A8-1F0960C2B472.png

Reactions: 1
Hey ladies, just after a bit of advice. How has your experience been with farfetch? I know a lot of influencers use / promote it but that doesn’t fill me with confidence per se.

I want to buy a Saint Laurent bag and they are the only retailer that have it in the colourway I’d like as I think it’s been discontinued! However I’ve just read the reviews on trustpilot and they are pretty shocking.

The first widespread complaint is that they let you purchase things that they don’t have in stock, and then you can’t get hold of customer service to process your refund. The second thing I saw a lot was that items would arrive faulty, and then when you attempt to send it back, they say they never got the item and refuse a refund?! It was 88% 1 star reviews with most saying to avoid.

I’m now nervous as to whether they even have the bag in stock in reality (as I haven’t seen it in that particular colour anywhere else!) and spending over £2000 only to end up with no bag and no refund should there be an issue. How do you feel about farfetch?
I regularly purchase on Farfetch and never ever had an issue with them. I would say some items are more expensive on their site.
Also no issue with refunds.

Just seen this on insta @Foodaholic did your Hunza fit?

Oh yes it came on Monday. It fits fine and I feel good in it (currently a size 8 but with non perky boobs) it's not the crinkly one though, more smoother, if that makes sense. Still unsure as I wanted to really love it.

Oh yes it came on Monday. It fits fine and I feel good in it (currently a size 8 but with non perky boobs) it's not the crinkly one though, more smoother, if that makes sense. Still unsure as I wanted to really love it.
I’ve got a few kids and and my boobs aren’t like they use to be 😂. But Asda do a really similar crinkled one with padded Boobie area .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s a Sophie Shohet thread here - amazingly as she’s so beige (in a nice way).

I like her videos, they’re so banal it’s almost a form of ASMR, and I actually think she’s honest/non grabby like “proper” influencers are. I agree with a lot of what she says but am amazed she continues to buy if those are her feelings?
From what I understand, she runs an influencer agency. I’m in the digital marketing agency industry and haven’t heard of them, but who knows really…

I find some of her videos useful, but her taste is kinda tacky.
not sure the hate on her going to harrods though, I go there a lot too (not as much as Sophie, clearly lol)… it’s just convenient with everything under one roof.

This is such an enabling thread 😍

Does anyone have any expertise with the Van Cleef & Arpels Sweet Alhambra bracelets? I’d love this in white gold but it looks like it’s only the 5 motif version that is available in that material. Does anyone know if they make the single motif in white gold? I don’t own any yellow gold, only silver or white gold and just seems a faff getting it rhodium plated 😕 x

View attachment 1388696
I’ve never seen it with white gold and mother of Pearl, only yellow gold. They have a sweet Alhambra in white gold but it’s the version with diamonds x

• Heart
From what I understand, she runs an influencer agency. I’m in the digital marketing agency industry and haven’t heard of them, but who knows really…

I find some of her videos useful, but her taste is kinda tacky.
not sure the hate on her going to harrods though, I go there a lot too (not as much as Sophie, clearly lol)… it’s just convenient with everything under one roof.
It’s a v small agency with just the two of them, I checked out their companies house and their lifestyle makes sense (unlike LL and her retail banking husband lol). Can imagine they probably do business with local SMBs who need a help with their digital presence but can’t justify big or even London boutique agency rates. However saying that was really shocked she works in digital/social and didn’t have 2FA enabled on Instagram so got hacked/phished, not a great look for their clients 😳

Her taste is shocking but ngl … that’s largely what the brands she’s into are offering? 😬 Like a lot of it is for the older more conservative (with a little C) lady or an aspiring hun.

I’ve never seen it with white gold and mother of Pearl, only yellow gold. They have a sweet Alhambra in white gold but it’s the version with diamonds x
Thank you 🥰 I wasn’t sure if it was out of stock I did see the diamond one which is nice x

• Heart
does anyone own a goyard tote? I’ve looked around online and it all seems very secret (prices, availability etc). my mum has one (bought 13 years ago) and I love it. Im dying to get one but I want to find out opinions on it first
I have a St Louis in the large black, white and tan and love It. Use it everyday, it’s such an understated classic. I bought it via their distance selling service which is basically online selling via emails and bank transfers.

Could anyone recommend a really comfy and trendy pair of loafers that are good for walking? I’ve to do a good hour walking as part of my work commute so looking for something that’s comfy for lots of city walking - thanks! 😊
I have a pair of Gucci Brixton loafers. Not sure how suitable they’d be for walking long distances every day from an affordability point of view as think they’d need resoling/reheeling quite often but they are incredibly comfortable and super soft.

• Heart
Hi all, please can someone help me - finding the information confusing online!

I’m in Paris now and thinking of buying an Lv bag (for 1700 euros).

I can claim 12% vat refund and have to get it verified at the Eurostar. but do I have to declare it when I arrive in London?

Thanks in advance

guys what's your opinion on Balenciaga bags? I want a black designer bag, i was set on the Gucci Marmont Matelasse for a while but went into the Balenciaga flagship on bond st today and i'm so tempted by the Downtown bag in black 💀💀💀 helpp. i want to be able to wear it with any outfit, including dresses/heels, and i freaking love the strap/thick chain. I have a sleeve of tattoos so like that it's a bit edgier and the guy in the store said it suits me lmao but not sure. both bags are around the same price
1657049184593.png

• Heart
Reactions: 5
guys what's your opinion on Balenciaga bags? I want a black designer bag, i was set on the Gucci Marmont Matelasse for a while but went into the Balenciaga flagship on bond st today and i'm so tempted by the Downtown bag in black 💀💀💀 helpp. i want to be able to wear it with any outfit, including dresses/heels, and i freaking love the strap/thick chain. I have a sleeve of tattoos so like that it's a bit edgier and the guy in the store said it suits me lmao but not sure. both bags are around the same price
View attachment 1394700
I’ve got a Marmont matelassé and I love it 🥰 can dress it up or dress it down! I do like the look of the Balenciaga one though! How big is it?

• Heart
I’ve got a Marmont matelassé and I love it 🥰 can dress it up or dress it down! I do like the look of the Balenciaga one though! How big is it?
ugh jealous haha, the matelasse is just so classic looking and will go with everything. i don't doubt this balenciaga one will go with most of my wardrobe though, less of a classic look but that's what balenciaga is i guess. it's like 10 inches wide and 6 inches in height, not too big not too small, can put plenty in it.... decisions decisions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.