Designer Items #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a Faux Chanel I got from a Spanish Market many, many years ago and its still going. I do love it but then I couldn't warrant spending what Chanel charge these days!

I do prefer buying a nice bag now. I see some in the high St shops and I'm like meh. Kate Spade is my favourite for everyday bags, I have 1 Quilted MK bag that is a bit beautiful then the bigger brands are for fancy 🤣

Reactions: 2
The police/trading standards turn up every now again and raid a few shops but it’s definitely for show. They turn a blind eye the rest of the time.

I had a handful of fakes when I was younger/skint/didn’t know better but now I understand all the wider issues around fakes, and could afford to buy the majority of genuine things if I really wanted to (within reason) I would never buy fake.

It baffles me more why people go to Cheetham Hill and buy fake Nike/adidas/high street brands. A genuine T-shirt is only say £15-20 more and the brand name won’t wash off after 3 washes 🤔
I know someone who gets fake Nikes from there - why though?? Surely part of buying branded sports shoes is to give feet support and comfort from the reputable brand, I’m sure the fakes don’t offer the same.

Reactions: 7
I know someone who gets fake Nikes from there - why though?? Surely part of buying branded sports shoes is to give feet support and comfort from the reputable brand, I’m sure the fakes don’t offer the same.
You should always spend on quality shoes and a quality mattress, cus your always in one or the other! 😂🙌🏼 #lifeadvice

I have a Faux Chanel I got from a Spanish Market many, many years ago and its still going. I do love it but then I couldn't warrant spending what Chanel charge these days!

I do prefer buying a nice bag now. I see some in the high St shops and I'm like meh. Kate Spade is my favourite for everyday bags, I have 1 Quilted MK bag that is a bit beautiful then the bigger brands are for fancy 🤣
Love Kate spade!, also have a couple of MK handbags for everyday and I do like the quality of them to be fair :)

Reactions: 6
You should always spend on quality shoes and a quality mattress, cus your always in one or the other! 😂🙌🏼 #lifeadvice

Love Kate spade!, also have a couple of MK handbags for everyday and I do like the quality of them to be fair :)
I can't walk out of KS at Bicester empty handed....ever 🤣

I like KS clothing, I’ve got my eye on a pink seersucker dress for my hols, waiting for it to go in the sale!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I like KS clothing, I’ve got my eye on a pink seersucker dress for my hols, waiting for it to go in the sale!
There was a pool float bag pop up in my emails and it's in outlets only.... I don't need it but....its cute and round and blue & white 🤣 and I did just sell my round Gucci bag so I need a round one....

Justified 😎🤣

• Haha
It’s annoying as I would have definitely bought more Mulberry but just can’t stomach it / the quality will undoubtedly be shocking as they’ve got shareholders of that calibre to appease. The fake thing is a whole other essay (sorry for the length of this) and why I wouldn’t buy some brands.
Would love to hear more about the issues with Mulberry. I’ve loved Mulberry bags for years, but always thought of them as a good, trustworthy brand. So would be very interested to know before I purchase anymore!

Would love to hear more about the issues with Mulberry. I’ve loved Mulberry bags for years, but always thought of them as a good, trustworthy brand. So would be very interested to know before I purchase anymore!
Again this is so subjective and one person’s hard boundary is another person’s so what so pls this is a beef amnesty, but personally would not be shopping there purely because of this:

If this isn’t a concern for ethical or sociopolitical or whatever u wanna call it reasons then I’d be worried about the implications of someone with a stack it high sell it cheap background has for a luxury fashion brand… like between that and their financial problems corners will be cut & quality is inevitably gonna go down, right? It’s just not where I’d choose to spend money, personally.

It is a shame as I had a nosy on their site after writing that comment and they have some lovely bags in some surprisingly cool colours but just couldn’t 🤮 maybe preloved?! 🫠

Mulberry has definitely gone down hill in terms of quality. I first brought from the brand ten years ago. It was a small Bayswater satchel which I think I paid around £350 for at the outlet. I purchased a mini Alexa earlier this year for over 1k and the quality is just not comparable at all. The leather is thin and cheap, and they make a lot of things in Turkey and China.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m not a mum yet but, I can imagine! I’ve never bought a fake but, been fascinated by how real they are out here. There are women spending like £200 on ‘good fakes’, I honestly don’t see the point. In Manchester, I see loads of teenagers dripped in thousands of designer gear just on the way to school. I’ve always wondered how their parents afforded it, clearly they are going to cheetham hill 😂
😂 yep I live 10 minutes from there . for cheap bags for teens I like river island or Carvela both sell lovely bags under £50

I haven't bought anything from the brand before but JW PEI has a lot of cool bags for a good price and they seem like good quality!

Fake Nike 😂 the fort at cheetham hill have a Nike clearance.That’s where I get my kids pe trainers ,

Mulberry has definitely gone down hill in terms of quality. I first brought from the brand ten years ago. It was a small Bayswater satchel which I think I paid around £350 for at the outlet. I purchased a mini Alexa earlier this year for over 1k and the quality is just not comparable at all. The leather is thin and cheap, and they make a lot of things in Turkey and China.
This exactly. I bought my first Mulberry probably 15 years or so ago when they used to have a brilliant sale and bought 2 bags for about £150 each. Amazing quality and finish. I stuck with them for a bit and admittedly my style has changed over the years but their prices skyrocketed and the quality declined sharply so I'd never even consider them now.

Reactions: 4
Mulberry was family run, good value, thick leather that aged well.

They sold it and the new owners tried to get the Chinese market raising prices and using cheap looking imho leather. Crap!

Reactions: 9
I prefer older mulberry and not a fan of nermwer items. For quality my go to in Aspinal of London, I have a bit of ab obsession.

Has anyone got a Polene bag? I have heard great things about them and really fancy the uno and it's proce point is great too. Interesting to hear if anyone has one?

Reactions: 5
I prefer older mulberry and not a fan of nermwer items. For quality my go to in Aspinal of London, I have a bit of ab obsession.

Has anyone got a Polene bag? I have heard great things about them and really fancy the uno and it's proce point is great too. Interesting to hear if anyone has one?
I've got the numero uno nano and the numero sept (both in black) I don't often reach for them as I have other black bags I prefer but they're nice quality

I saw loads of women in France carrying them and now I want one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.