Deliciously Ella #4 Bland burgers and branding under CEO Matt, daily affirmations won’t change that

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how long before they pivot away from plant based towards flexitarian. All signs point towards plant based / vegan lifestyles not being as popular anymore… and they bought a factory just in time for this decline

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I wonder how long before they pivot away from plant based towards flexitarian. All signs point towards plant based / vegan lifestyles not being as popular anymore… and they bought a factory just in time for this decline
But Matt the CEO has so many books! Perhaps he should invest as well in a wallpaper factory with his amazing taste...
Not following Ella, has she complained already this week about not having time off?

Reactions: 5
Especially with ultra processed food being talked about a lot recently

So my friend is having a birthday party soon and on her wishlist is Ella’s latest book and a tote bag from their website (yikes, I know). Turns out you have to be a member to purchase that crappy merchandise?!? I bet it was Matt’s idea. So silly… well I guess I am going to give her something else then 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
So my friend is having a birthday party soon and on her wishlist is Ella’s latest book and a tote bag from their website (yikes, I know). Turns out you have to be a member to purchase that crappy merchandise?!? I bet it was Matt’s idea. So silly… well I guess I am going to give her something else then 😂
I didn’t realise Ella was allowed birthday parties. Hope the cake is good!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She talks a good game about wanting to improve people’s health and wellbeing, but they actively decided not to become a B Corp, which is the official status of a business who does good. It screams ‘we don’t really care, we are just after profits’
It screams (to me) of a typical conservative mindset that people need to want to help themselves. If you hand things to people that they haven't worked hard for themselves then it won't work etc. If you can afford a bottle of pop you can afford organic chickpeas etc.

Plus the shaming people for not somehow managing to do it.

(Just to be clear, I don't hold these views)

Omg… if she can’t see how opportunistic Matt was/is she is stupid!!! I would NEVER entrust my business to someone I just met. No matter her background, she had a good thing going with her first books and all. I used to enjoy her books and “universe” - until Matt came along and tried to make her a world famous brand.

How could her parents be okay with this? I mean, I am almost certain she has an ironclad prenup - especially with her assets before marriage. Matt is from a wealthy family too but surely not comparable to Ella’s wealth? I would never let my daughter (I don’t have a daughter but still) just hand everything over to a guy she has know for less than a year!! Her hand in marriage, her business and a whole lot of money(even if it is not his, he can convince her to spend them however he wants)

Matt really hit the jackpot by meeting Ella at that time of her life. Young, impressionable and naive. I hope she is genuine happy for her choices though - seems odd to me she would happily give him so much credit for everything when SHE is the one people wanted/want.
He's so gross

Her Dad set them up, she was dealing with her parents officially separating / divorcing, her Dad's new relationship with a man, her whole life before being ripped away. Maybe that's why her Dad introduced her to an older man looking to settle down, thinking Ella could build a strong foundation of security with matt and leave him free to finally live his life how he wanted as a gay man when he'd been trapped pretending before.
Matt saw not only an attractive younger woman but one with a business he could take over and take credit for. She romanticizes the fast pace stages of their relationship, a lot of people see the red flags but many will also think wow! a man wanting to comitt quickly and not waste my time. Finally!
If he hadn't muscled in on DE his love bombing and controlling her money it might have made the relationship less alarming, but he did and also wanted children quickly to cement his position.

He is so gross.

How doesn't she get the ick?

Reactions: 12
She becomes more gormless with every selfie 🤣 it's like her eyes refuse to focus on anything because she lives in Matthew's clashing pattern palace and it would give her a migraine to take a proper look!

• Haha
I wish she’d stop sounding so bleeping preachy. 30+ different plants a week? Ella, hun. People are struggling to pay the bills and afford basic necessities. Would be interesting if she could show how much a weekly shop would be for a family of 4 for full transparency because I don’t see her personally price checking at Lidl 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 11
I think if plant based and cooking from scratch it’s very easy to get 30 different plants a week into your diet and not as expensive as people think (a lot of veggies are super cheap especially if from Lidl or Aldi and what tends to hike up my food shops is if I buy processed food or fake meats etc). Personally I think the delusional part is she’s not taking into consideration that it costs money to cook, store and prepare food (needing certain kitchen appliances, a big freezer to freeze batch cooked meals etc). Also assuming everyone has the time and energy to cook everything from scratch and not buy any processed food! Could take that even further - it takes a lot of time and energy to learn how to cook from scratch and trial and error to figure out what tastes nice and to get young kids to eat a variety of veggies - people can’t afford to waste food and most people are exhausted from stress of daily life!

I wish she’d stop sounding so bleeping preachy. 30+ different plants a week? Ella, hun. People are struggling to pay the bills and afford basic necessities. Would be interesting if she could show how much a weekly shop would be for a family of 4 for full transparency because I don’t see her personally price checking at Lidl 😂

• Heart
She has no clue what it's like for most people. She tries to downplay it, but she can't conceal how ludicrously wealthy she is. I mean, she owns bracelets that cost 4k, a blazer that cost 1k, Agolde jeans that cost about £300. She goes away on countless luxury holidays. Etc. So for her, food must seem relatively very cheap, whereas for most it's a huge chunk of their outgoings. I think 30 different veg a week would be a struggle for most, not just financially but the effort of buying and prepping so many different types, plus finding things all the family like and not being able to afford to trial and error. Most people are busy and tired, as well as having to keep a close eye on their outgoings, which is stressful in and of itself.

Reactions: 10
To be fair I think this has been scientifically proven. But what she isn’t explaining is that dried herbs count, as do different types of beans. So if you had porridge for breakfast with an apple and some raisins, that would be 4 on its own: oats, raisins, cinnamon, apple. And then if you had chilli for dinner with mixed beans from a tin: tinned tomatoes count, all the different beans count, different coloured peppers count, a courgette counts, plus the spices… so it’s quite easy to build them up.

The issue I have with Ella using this is that it’s on their packaging and most people do not realise that it’s not the same as the 5 portions recommended by the government. So I think it’s misleading advertising. Having 3 grapes counts towards your 30 plants. Having 3 grapes does not count towards your 5 a day.
---
Could take that even further - it takes a lot of time and energy to learn how to cook from scratch and trial and error to figure out what tastes nice and to get young kids to eat a variety of veggies - people can’t afford to waste food and most people are exhausted from stress of daily life!
I think this is one of the biggest barriers to people eating healthy. If you have a strict budget for a family of 4, of say £50 why would you risk making a meal they might not eat? It’s such a huge huge barrier to healthy eating. Far better to buy fish fingers mash and peas, then to risk making the veggie burgers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She becomes more gormless with every selfie 🤣 it's like her eyes refuse to focus on anything because she lives in Matthew's clashing pattern palace and it would give her a migraine to take a proper look!
I completely got her age wrong in my head, I thought she was late thirties just looking at her photos...Matt really has drained the life out of her. She's an attractive woman, but even with all the relaxing (and lovely holidays) plus the non invasive tweakments/facials she does look older than a lot of people do at her age.

Matt, as ever, looks a right state.

Reactions: 6
The 30 plant points includes spices and lentils etc so isn't too hard when you're plant based. I've never added ours up but we do do fairly ok on a tight budget. The chilli I make would be 13 just for 1 meal

Reactions: 3
To be fair I think this has been scientifically proven. But what she isn’t explaining is that dried herbs count, as do different types of beans. So if you had porridge for breakfast with an apple and some raisins, that would be 4 on its own: oats, raisins, cinnamon, apple. And then if you had chilli for dinner with mixed beans from a tin: tinned tomatoes count, all the different beans count, different coloured peppers count, a courgette counts, plus the spices… so it’s quite easy to build them up.

The issue I have with Ella using this is that it’s on their packaging and most people do not realise that it’s not the same as the 5 portions recommended by the government. So I think it’s misleading advertising. Having 3 grapes counts towards your 30 plants. Having 3 grapes does not count towards your 5 a day.
---

I think this is one of the biggest barriers to people eating healthy. If you have a strict budget for a family of 4, of say £50 why would you risk making a meal they might not eat? It’s such a huge huge barrier to healthy eating. Far better to buy fish fingers mash and peas, then to risk making the veggie burgers.
Absolutely this. People are struggling to buy food for basic nourishment, they don’t have spare cash around to try out new recipes that may or may not go down well. Also, new recipes tend to involve new ingredients so until you’ve built up an extensive larder of food, it’s very expensive. But it takes years and years to accumulate a diverse larder to each a rich and balanced diet. For a lot of low income families it’s just another barrier that’s insurmountable.

Absolutely this. People are struggling to buy food for basic nourishment, they don’t have spare cash around to try out new recipes that may or may not go down well. Also, new recipes tend to involve new ingredients so until you’ve built up an extensive larder of food, it’s very expensive. But it takes years and years to accumulate a diverse larder to each a rich and balanced diet. For a lot of low income families it’s just another barrier that’s insurmountable.
The world food Isle is best for spices and dried lentils. The 100g spice packs are around the same price as the small jars. I spent £175 last month for 1 adult and 2 kids that eat adult portions, not 100% healthy all the time but I reckon we weren't far off 30 plant points

• Heart
I tried her 70% dark chocolate yesterday and it was atrocious and barely edible. Very hard with a strange aftertaste. Not sure if anyone would repeat purchase £3.20 for 70g of that disaster of a chocolate bar. Lindt 70% is cheaper, delicious and vegan with an ingredient list barely different to hers.

Reactions: 7
The world food Isle is best for spices and dried lentils. The 100g spice packs are around the same price as the small jars. I spent £175 last month for 1 adult and 2 kids that eat adult portions, not 100% healthy all the time but I reckon we weren't far off 30 plant points
That’s a great tip!

That’s a great tip!
This is the type of tips Ella could be giving but we all know she’s clueless about how to save money. I really think she assumes anyone not eating how she does is just plain stupid and she’s here to enlighten them.