Deliciously Ella #4 Bland burgers and branding under CEO Matt, daily affirmations won’t change that

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello and welcome to another episode of how the humble gal becomes a girl boss.

In the last episode, we recalled how contradictory it actually is for Ella to claim she comes from humble beginning: https://tattle.life/threads/delicio...and-munchable-matt.35219/page-4#post-12741602

We also discovered some of what happened to her perfect girl boss friendship with Livia: https://tattle.life/threads/delicio...nd-munchable-matt.35219/page-25#post-14106879

We discovered what it’s really like to work for entitled wealthy children playing at being hard working entrepreneurs (spoiler: not great).

King of the loud patterns and supreme business book reader, Mundane Matt doesn’t believe the DE staff should get pay rises to help the country with the high levels of inflation. We’ve all got to do our bit haven’t we? In other completely unrelated news, apparently they’re going to hit £24m turnover this year. Just so humble. We’re all just doing our bit.

Chief Entitled Oaf (CEO Matt the Prat) also managed to get the flu, but because he likes to live in the past judging by his decorating skills, Ella proclaimed he had “Influenza”. To quote @Meg78 “Influenza? Is he a sickly Victorian on his death bed having the leeches prepared?”

In May, Ella claimed that she was taking a break for the first time in 2 years. In 2022 she had been on 5 holidays, and there had already been other holidays in 2023. We mere mortals don’t understand the stress of being supreme business people though, and those holidays don’t count for Ella because from Lapland to Barcelona, she and Matt are always working.

Talking off always working, in the last episode Ella loved to show off that hers and Matt’s whole lives together revolve around discussing DE and how to make more money. She seems to think this is life goals rather than a major red flag that this guy saw her as a meal ticket.

And finally Ella decided to go to war on processed foods, after having just spent the past few years moving DE away from its roots of real food cooked at home. The DE range isn’t processed though, because it’s made with brown sugar rather than white or some bollocks like that. Their health wash packaging also tells you how many plants you’re eating in each product, neglecting to tell you if you’re eating enough per-portion to get the health benefits… go figure….

Anyway, have a lovely day, doing lovely things, fitting in some scrumptious yoga, delicious meditation and some wholesome garlicky beans 💕✨🌟💫

———————————————

Thread title: @Walkthehemline congratulations on being such a huge inspiration. Reading all those Business Babe books has really paid off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Thank you for the recap ! They are so unsufferable. Ella always highlighting how successful they are, is like ross from friends repeating he is fine.....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thank you for the recap ! They are so unsufferable. Ella always highlighting how successful they are, is like ross from friends repeating he is fine.....
So true! IMO it’s definitely a case of ‘the Lady doth protest too much me thinks!’ It’s like she feels the need to prove it because of her upbringing. It would be so much less disingenuous if she just acknowledged her privilege.

Reactions: 5
I forsee More like 24m of debt because of Matt delulu CEO. Bet he fired the last CFO and made his calculations himself because he has read so many books...
---

---

Reactions: 2
I forsee More like 24m of debt because of Matt delulu CEO. Bet he fired the last CFO and made his calculations himself because he has read so many books...
---

---
To be fair, and credit to them where it’s due, I actually misquoted in my OP and it’s 24m in revenue not turnover.

So you’re probably right to be honest! Because it makes you wonder how much they’re spending to get there…!

Reactions: 1
Excellent recap! I’m sure you’ll have received more praise for this than the minions at DE whilst the CEO’s wank over their new products and their gorgeous, deliciously creamy recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No sick pay at a company that began because the owner was (checks notes) … sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Excellent recap! I’m sure you’ll have received more praise for this than the minions at DE whilst the CEO’s wank over their new products and their gorgeous, deliciously creamy recipes.
Like Ella, I have a really full on schedule filled with lots of mundane meetings, and pretending to be more important than I am. So I did have to fit this in at 5:45 in the morning before my sound gong bath, hours meditation and yoga session. It’s a real chore but I’m glad someone noticed my hard work and effort, otherwise I’d have had to humble brag about it to all my followers on Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think you just need to be independently wealthy to work for DE. Because with no sick pay, no bonuses, the government minimum pension, lower than average pay for the sector, longer than average working hours, and the need to be working in central London with the commuting costs that involves, a normal person just couldn’t afford it.
---
They also have a couple of shockers in their contracts…

They can get rid of you with only 1 month notice paid, but you need to give them 3 months notice if you want to leave. It’s below industry standard and screws over their workers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I wonder if part of the £24m revenue includes CEO too busy to breathe Matthew's assets as an interior designer? Perhaps he has valued his eye for a clashing print at a generous £20m

Reactions: 4
I really don’t need to see her enormous mouth wide open EVERY time 😩
It's the eyefucking herself in the camera while she does it that just pushes it over the edge for me. She honestly makes it seem like there isn't a single brain cell behind those dead eyes!

Reactions: 4
Wtf is a ‘buisness’ lol her spelling is atrocious!
She spells it as “buisness” in every. single. one. of her stories as well so it’s clearly genuinely her atrocious spelling and not just a typo!

Also, the not paying any sick leave is really crappy considering they’re a wellness company and meant to be the type of serious “buisness” one could have a proper career, no? They could at least give their staff a 5 day sick leave allowance if they wanted to a) truly be a serious business and b) be a decent employer where good staff actually want to work longer term

Reactions: 8
Change the record, Ella. She loves pulling the "all this for little old me?!" act and it's so so so tiresome.

You can't pull off relatable when you're boasting about £23m revenue, multiple cookbooks, success in new geographies, "category-leading" products, a magical unseen nanny and eight years of marriage from your spot on the overpriced floral sofa of your £million London townhouse.

Reactions: 11