Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they have now had 12 of their 25 staff resign over the last 6 months. What does that tell you about working there?
Would be difficult for them to take out any loans with a high staff turnover like that. Shocking. Seems like a toxic work environment.

Reactions: 4
No wonder they bought out the investors a while back - way less scrutiny. Staff turnover that high would definitely have raised a red flag and questions would have been asked. Any investor worth their salt knows high staff turnover is the tip of an iceberg and it warrants careful investigation

Reactions: 15
I see she’s jumping on the beetroot pink pasta Instagram/tiktok trend. Very original ella make sure to tell your recipe creators well done for their ingenuity 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No wonder they bought out the investors a while back - way less scrutiny. Staff turnover that high would definitely have raised a red flag and questions would have been asked. Any investor worth their salt knows high staff turnover is the tip of an iceberg and it warrants careful investigation
If the CEO can't see that without good staff, their business is in jeopardy, then they shouldn't be in that position. It's management 101. He can come up with all the figures he wants on this little Excel spreadsheets, he's not the one doing the day to day grind that keeps the money coming in. And to think they consider themselves part of the wellness industry, spew tit (sorry) about work/ life balance etc etc is very shocking. Con artists, the pair of them.

Reactions: 17
And Matt & Ella made such a big deal out of buying the investors out (it was so OTT), now I’m wondering if there were uncomfortable questions being asked then by the investors. Maybe it was already blatantly clear to them that Matt was unqualified and ill suited to the role. Instead of addressing it, Matt & Ella just got rid of the investors and carried on.

After all it usually takes a long time for people to resign under those circumstances, they usually hang in there hoping there will be a change in the way things are run. By the time it shows up in your turnover rate - big problems.

Reactions: 11
I’m just shocked Ella sees it going on and still calls Matt her ‘guru’. She’s completely deluded.

Reactions: 11
Almost 50% of your staff resigned in the last 6 months. I do wonder from their point of view who is to blame for that. I'd love to hear all the excuses they come up with.

Reactions: 10
Do they have a recruiter or a HR person that works with them and is advising them, or do they do the hiring and firing themselves? Sounds like guru Matthew could do with a bit of help 🧐

Reactions: 5
The majority of Glassdoor reviews are quite negative:

" Poor (or lack thereof) business forecasting and planning"

"Chaotic, stressful atmosphere"

" When we were working in the office (pre covid) we weren't allowed to eat meat - if we had a chicken sandwich we had to leave! Management pushed a few people out of the business and were dishonest with their team. Not enough credit given where credit is due."

"Incredibly poorly managed and unprofessional (from the top - not the store managers). We found out via an instagram post that Ella Mills had decided to close down the cafe. One member of staff had to wait for over an hour outside in the cold with a large food delivery because they could not access the site as no one had been told that she had shut it down. I had only been hired a few days prior and never got paid for the work that I had done. There was also never an apology for the terrible communication."

" Severe presenteeism in the office"

" No bonuses despite +18% growth"

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Has Matthew ever said in an interview how grateful he is to Ella?
I don’t think so. He rarely does interviews and when he does, it’s all “super serious Matthew the CEO” who speaks strictly about the business rather than ever talking about Ella as a person (or even himself as a person).

Did you guys know he was formerly a professional golfer? Before Ella he also used to date Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry’s ex

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I don’t think so. He rarely does interviews and when he does, it’s all “super serious Matthew the CEO” who speaks strictly about the business rather than ever talking about Ella as a person (or even himself as a person).

Did you guys know he was formerly a professional golfer? Before Ella he also used to date Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry’s ex

Wow he must have a type - rich heiresses

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The majority of Glassdoor reviews are quite negative:

" Poor (or lack thereof) business forecasting and planning"

"Chaotic, stressful atmosphere"

" When we were working in the office (pre covid) we weren't allowed to eat meat - if we had a chicken sandwich we had to leave! Management pushed a few people out of the business and were dishonest with their team. Not enough credit given where credit is due."

"Incredibly poorly managed and unprofessional (from the top - not the store managers). We found out via an instagram post that Ella Mills had decided to close down the cafe. One member of staff had to wait for over an hour outside in the cold with a large food delivery because they could not access the site as no one had been told that she had shut it down. I had only been hired a few days prior and never got paid for the work that I had done. There was also never an apology for the terrible communication."

" Severe presenteeism in the office"

" No bonuses despite +18% growth"

Gosh, my workplace doesn’t look that bad now.
Can’t imagine anything worse than being managed by entitled, rich, privileged twunts who haven’t got a clue of the real world.
Infuriating

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.