Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
exactly, the whole vegan is better for the environment argument needs to be examined more imo, yes meat is polluting, but if you are buying almond milk/avocados from drought-ridden Florida etc.... and that is even without considering travel of all of these kind of influencers
- Veganism is primarily an ethical boycott against the exploitation of animals. The environmental impacts though are widely known. One recent study found that 57% of green house gas emissions in food production, derive from animal based foods, with cow's flesh and milk being the highest polluters. For plant-based foods, rice scores highest, and bring the total to 29% of food production emissions.

- The UN has plenty of reports detailing the environmental impact of animal agriculture, in terms of land and water use, alongside emissions.

- Non-vegans consume almonds and avocado's too, just as they do with all of the imported, plastic wrapped plant foods that the UK is reliant on. If anything, hopefully Brexit has highlighted just how lacking in self sufficiency the UK actually is when it comes to both animal and plant based foods. Everyone lives within the same system, vegans remove themselves from one area of consumption, but to live a completely locally and ethically grown & harvested , zero waste lifestyle is a major shift that is out of range for a lot of people. The UK could for example, move away from dairy milk, and instead promote domestically grown pea and oat based milk. It's quite simple to make the latter yourself though, and no non-recyclable cartons either.

I feel people hold vegans to these extreme, perfect standards, or try and 'gotcha' with a few 'trendy' food products like almonds and avocados rather than look at the wider picture, and their own consumption. Why not care about where the tomatoes are from, the carbon needed to transport them to the UK, the people often exploited in harvesting them, all the leftover plastic waste. Ditto the concern over child labour in cacao and coffee production. The environmental impact of deforesting lands just so cows can be raised?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
While I admit I do like her chocolate orange almonds, I find it an interesting choice she (and/or Matt) are clearly in the process of expanding their chocolate bar range? Doesnā€™t really fit with the brandā€™s narrative of healthy eating and cooking from scratchā€¦

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Can she get more arrogant? Every other post is now about how amazing she is, how great her book is doing, pushing her wonderful products and showing off her wealth all accompanied by her smug smiles at the camera. She was meant to be about wellness, kindness, compassion, supporting the sick. She has zero humility. She has taken self love to the extreme! She is very unlikeable and totally unrelatable.

Reactions: 18
I swear this is about the 10th time in the last week sheā€™s posted screenshots of her book climbing the charts - like thatā€™s awesome but (like the poster said above) it starts to come across as quite arrogant when itā€™s shoved in our faces every 5 minutes. She could at least include a ā€œthanks everybody for all your support in buying itā€ but nope!

Also, shouldnā€™t she be including an [ad - own brand] in all these posts from her personal account about her book?!

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Arrogance, thy name is Ella
C4D8F6C2-E9F8-4AB1-8780-B87AD5C516ED.jpeg

ā€œHi people who live and breathe my brand everyday, nutritionists I hired to write recipes because mine were lacking, let me bore you with some condescension about how I know more than youā€

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The only way you can tell thatā€™s sheā€™s had any input into the recipes is by the repetitive titles and lack of ingredients. Thereā€™s only so much you can do with a tomato.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The only way you can tell thatā€™s sheā€™s had any input into the recipes is by the repetitive titles and lack of ingredients. Thereā€™s only so much you can do with a tomato.
or garlic

Arrogance, thy name is EllaView attachment 1499941

ā€œHi people who live and breathe my brand everyday, nutritionists I hired to write recipes because mine were lacking, let me bore you with some condescension about how I know more than youā€
I am kind of shocked anyone with real medical experience would want to be involved tbh, although it seems they all have social media platforms so maybe jst want to promote them

Reactions: 2
I doubt the experts know a whole lot about how problematic she is and probably happy to be promoting healthy eating. DE probably paid them a lot with all the money theyā€™ve got, that it was hard for the experts to say no. Plus boosting their own profiles.
I canā€™t understand who is still buying her books. I think Iā€™ve had 4 of them previously and they are all so similar. Iā€™ve sold all of mine and they were a struggle to sell for even Ā£1. Her audience probably arenā€™t the types to buy second hand books. No offence if anyone reading isnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t always think to look second hand, but just thought itā€™s interesting that sheā€™s probably appealing only for people who have a higher amount of disposable income and I think sheā€™s got an idea of herself saving the world by providing all these ā€˜groundbreakingā€™ recipes for less priveleged people who she thinks wouldnā€™ve been living on canned food only otherwise. Eye roll!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So they have now had 12 of their 25 staff resign over the last 6 months. What does that tell you about working there?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.