Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love how she days 30 mins they are back into work on a working day. Clearly they don’t trust their staff and are micro managing freaks. Terrible leadership qualities. So busy but has time to upload how busy she is.
Something so off about these two.

Reactions: 11
Love how she days 30 mins they are back into work on a working day. Clearly they don’t trust their staff and are micro managing freaks. Terrible leadership qualities. So busy but has time to upload how busy she is.
Something so off about these two.
Totally agree - I thought when I read that post how bummed out I'd feel if I was one of their 50 employees! She's so unprofessional posting stuff like that.

Reactions: 5
Her newsletter today "celery juice fact or fad? Fad" wasn't she drinking it most days a while back? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I imagine that she is doing them herself in order to then review them on the podcast?

There is something increasingly waxwork like about them in their photos. Fixed grins and staring eyes, v weird.

Reactions: 4
I imagine that she is doing them herself in order to then review them on the podcast?

There is something increasingly waxwork like about them in their photos. Fixed grins and staring eyes, v weird.
Yeah they did say on their podcast that it's a new segment and their trialling all these wellness trends

Although I think she mentioned that they’re trialling each trend for a week only so I don’t think it really shows much in such a short time, especially when it comes to skin changes when drinking juices since it takes about a month for skin to only start reacting. It’s an example, I don’t know if she does juices. Same with intermittent fasting, a week is ok I guess for you to feel less bloated but you need more time to see the real effects.

Reactions: 4
Doing a diet for a week is surely just in itself a fad, real change takes months not a week 🙄 isn't her whole thing meant to be about life long changes and lifestyle not fads?

Although I think she mentioned that they’re trialling each trend for a week only so I don’t think it really shows much in such a short time, especially when it comes to skin changes when drinking juices since it takes about a month for skin to only start reacting. It’s an example, I don’t know if she does juices. Same with intermittent fasting, a week is ok I guess for you to feel less bloated but you need more time to see the real effects.
Exactly, also I swear she has probably promoted all of these "fads" herself anyway

Reactions: 3
Also…isn’t it a bit risky with her previous health issues to be experimenting with fad diet trends? If a company wanted to trial a drug or a new product, they wouldn’t want to Guinea pig on someone whose had POTS.

Reactions: 3
She is one of the worst for perpetuating ’wellness’ myths and fads in the past, profiting so I find her podcast hypocritical. Yes people can change but she doesn’t seem to acknowledge she was a big part of the problem of ‘pedalling’ these fads. Spirulina, greens powder, date paste anyone? Probably not as she’s deleted all trace from the internet of the early days of the blog.

Also did anyone listen to last weeks pod? The theme was sleep and the guy on it said something about you shouldn’t eat at night as the calories consumed are more likely to be stored as fat as digestion slows etc. That is totally incorrect and really dangerous to be sharing on such a wide platform. She didn’t challenge this point or any of his other claims, some of which were questionable and not research backed. Just gushing over him mainly. Put me even more off her.

Reactions: 12
She is one of the worst for perpetuating ’wellness’ myths and fads in the past, profiting so I find her podcast hypocritical. Yes people can change but she doesn’t seem to acknowledge she was a big part of the problem of ‘pedalling’ these fads. Spirulina, greens powder, date paste anyone? Probably not as she’s deleted all trace from the internet of the early days of the blog.

Also did anyone listen to last weeks pod? The theme was sleep and the guy on it said something about you shouldn’t eat at night as the calories consumed are more likely to be stored as fat as digestion slows etc. That is totally incorrect and really dangerous to be sharing on such a wide platform. She didn’t challenge this point or any of his other claims, some of which were questionable and not research backed. Just gushing over him mainly. Put me even more off her.
so is it wrong what he said? Could you give more detail please? I actually listened to that one and I got interested when he said that because I usually eat at around 9pm. But then my partner told me that It shouldn’t be a big deal since we go to bed at like midnight 😂 I don’t know anymore lol

Reactions: 2
so is it wrong what he said? Could you give more detail please? I actually listened to that one and I got interested when he said that because I usually eat at around 9pm. But then my partner told me that It shouldn’t be a big deal since we go to bed at like midnight 😂 I don’t know anymore lol
I’m fairly into nutrition and follow some pretty credible professionals who regularly debunk this kind of thing - Emma Storey Gordon (ESG fitness) being one of them; plus it’s well researched that it’s overall calorie intake over the course of a day, week, month that determines whether you lose weight, gain weight or maintain your weight, not the timing of when you eat. It may impact sleep if you’re busy digesting food yes, but to say it’s more likely to be stored as fat is untrue.

Reactions: 13
I’m fairly into nutrition and follow some pretty credible professionals who regularly debunk this kind of thing - Emma Storey Gordon (ESG fitness) being one of them; plus it’s well researched that it’s overall calorie intake over the course of a day, week, month that determines whether you lose weight, gain weight or maintain your weight, not the timing of when you eat. It may impact sleep if you’re busy digesting food yes, but to say it’s more likely to be stored as fat is untrue.
exactly, the issue is that at night people are (generally speaking) more liekly to drink alcohol/snack on unhealthy things while watching tv etc, the time of day has no bearing on it, overall calories are what counts but this is why a lot of people do see a difference if they don't eat at night

😳 thank you for sharing and for mentioning someone who actually knows what they talk about ;) - appreciate it! I’ll check her out :)

exactly, the issue is that at night people are (generally speaking) more liekly to drink alcohol/snack on unhealthy things while watching tv etc, the time of day has no bearing on it, overall calories are what counts but this is why a lot of people do see a difference if they don't eat at night
Exactly, and this is why I’m disappointed Ella didn’t at least counter or challenge the claim. But then she has no nutrition qualifications to speak of as far as I know so why would she:rolleyes:

😳 thank you for sharing and for mentioning someone who actually knows what they talk about ;) - appreciate it! I’ll check her out :)
ESG is fantastic, especially if you’re looking to lose body fat or build muscle. A science backed common sense approach with a real appreciation and understanding of behaviour too.

Exactly, and this is why I’m disappointed Ella didn’t at least counter or challenge the claim. But then she has no nutrition qualifications to speak of as far as I know so why would she:rolleyes:.
This is why she’s completely unqualified to be in the position she’s in 🤷🏻‍♀️Like others have said, she made so many nutritional claims and they all just conveniently disappeared from her earlier website with no accountability admitting she shouldn’t have been advising people or giving any guidance whatsoever.
She should do proper research for her podcast and understand that not all professionals would agree with that theory. But that would involve real work and not just swanning around telling everyone how busy she is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.