Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her kids will definitely also have pattern free homes, as they'll have ptsd from growing up in the old people's home that is Matthew's decorating style!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is precisely why I stopped making her recipes. Everything tasted exactly same..of nothing.

Reactions: 5
I’m sorry but does she not check what content is uploaded? Don’t they have a communications director or social media manager, at least? Isn’t she supposed to be the “face” of the brand? For a food/recipe video they should pay attention that the person who prepares the food has clean hands at the very least!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
427DFB0C-7B2E-405C-9499-C696F4DCCB3D.jpeg

recently saw Ella’s stories on her new product. Send her a question if the packaging was eco friendly since it looks like it’s made of plastic.She left the message on ‘read’ which makes me believe that what some of you guys said about her pushing for sales now more than anything else (on the contrary to what she previously said about trying to be as eco friendly as possible) and just making money… Ella what happened? 🤷🏼‍♀️
167E2DB4-E37A-4739-9223-3D92BDADD56F.jpeg

Also… for fox sake, I’ve really had enough of that condescending ‘I know having a business is so glamourised but it’s actually hard work, makes you humble and all’ rubbish. Real life makes you humble. If you were humble you wouldn’t constantly seek validation through posting on SOCIAL MEDIA where you brag about how humble you are ‘as a business owner 😇’. She’s so ‘pick me’ nowadays I can’t take it.
2E3DEC25-E760-44F3-8F9E-0EB35C13E212.jpeg
61007623-4BF0-4E63-81D5-AF1B9F710075.jpeg

Reactions: 10
She talks to her followers like they're plebs who have never been self-employed or owned a small business. Also pretty sure most jobs, from being a top surgeon to flipping burgers, require resilience and energy. It's like she constantly wants validation. Bore off!

Reactions: 21
On the question about whether they give to charity, note that all answers are in the past tense. They don’t do anything current (pulled away quietly from the Mental Health Foundation and Trussell Trust). And the only reason they gave loads of snacks to the NHS in covid is because they were going out of date and they couldn’t sell them.

There’s not a charitable bone in that business’ body.

I can’t stand their lies. Lies about how much the business is worth. Lies about how well it’s performing. Lies about charity.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Matthews quote about the quickest problem solving with the most energy is such classic Silicon Valley bullshit. He’s been reading too many of those business leadership books you see in airport WH Smiths. Elizabeth Holmes eat your heart out.

Reactions: 19
On the question about whether they give to charity, note that all answers are in the past tense. They don’t do anything current (pulled away quietly from the Mental Health Foundation and Trussell Trust). And the only reason they gave loads of snacks to the NHS in covid is because they were going out of date and they couldn’t sell them.

There’s not a charitable bone in that business’ body.

I can’t stand their lies. Lies about how much the business is worth. Lies about how well it’s performing. Lies about charity.
Thanks for your insights which are very precious.
They are insufferable and not very business savvy in my view

Reactions: 9
Anyone got any thoughts on what the sister brand could be?! I’d bet baby food

Reactions: 4
Anyone got any thoughts on what the sister brand could be?! I’d bet baby food
You could be right there! And that’s why they’re making it a “sister brand” rather than Deliciously Ella, so it doesn’t get confused with the Ella’s Kitchen baby food.

They are doing a sister brand? Way too much now. Quality of their products will be so poor, just cheap nasty tit.

So many of their products seem to be exactly stuff that's already on the market - like those bars. I wonder if they're getting other people to rebrand their stuff with DE packaging and creaming off a license fee for doing little?

In the cafe the starters alone are now 12 pounds, and probably 150 cals
Screenshot 2022-09-23 14.10.50.png

Reactions: 6
She talks to her followers like they're plebs who have never been self-employed or owned a small business. Also pretty sure most jobs, from being a top surgeon to flipping burgers, require resilience and energy. It's like she constantly wants validation. Bore off!
I know right! Like Ella, lots of people run businesses, you're not that special.

Reactions: 5
So many of their products seem to be exactly stuff that's already on the market - like those bars. I wonder if they're getting other people to rebrand their stuff with DE packaging and creaming off a license fee for doing little?

In the cafe the starters alone are now 12 pounds, and probably 150 cals
View attachment 1599578
To me the vibe of these small plates is really reminiscent of Mildred's/Mallow. I've been to both Mildred's and Mallow and the food quality/ambience is excellent, and maybe DE's is also, but it's not exactly a gap in the vegan "finer dining" market. I have been to brunch at Plants and the food and service were both great, but I wonder how the dinner is. It is pricey...

She also posted on Instagram stories recently about going for a big exciting meeting in the morning, then did an evening post about highs and lows of business life and seemed pretty dejected. Wonder what that new venture was.

To me the vibe of these small plates is really reminiscent of Mildred's/Mallow. I've been to both Mildred's and Mallow and the food quality/ambience is excellent, and maybe DE's is also, but it's not exactly a gap in the vegan "finer dining" market. I have been to brunch at Plants and the food and service were both great, but I wonder how the dinner is. It is pricey...
It looks more expensive than those two and smaller portions.

The deserts are all 12 pounds at Ella's Plants, Mildreds are about 7 pounds. Not that I've ever been to plants - it looks disappointing with a mish mash menu where some is Nouvelle cuisine - others standard cafe, I wouldn't want to support her and I'd be embarrassed to eat at somewhere with an influencer connection. As you say, it's not really filling a void. I do like the building though.

1663948839021.png

I've had half of these and they were all great

1663949031764.png

Reactions: 1
It looks more expensive than those two and smaller portions.

The deserts are all 12 pounds at Ella's Plants, Mildreds are about 7 pounds. Not that I've ever been to plants - it looks disappointing with a mish mash menu where some is Nouvelle cuisine - others standard cafe, I wouldn't want to support her and I'd be embarrassed to eat at somewhere with an influencer connection. As you say, it's not really filling a void. I do like the building though.

View attachment 1599857

I've had half of these and they were all great

View attachment 1599866
Yeah I've not had Mildred's desserts but have never been disappointed by Mallow's, and I've tried most of them (the banana pudding is incredible). Their mains tend to be quite similar across the two restaurants, but they're by the same owners so that makes sense, plus the quality is always impeccable - love Mildred's kiri hodi and Korean-style fried chicken burger in particular, and Mallow's kimchi dumplings. Mallow's brunch is probably the best I've had in London.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.