Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are trying to recruit for all the people who have left, and what I always find funny is under the ‘benefits of working here’ bit, they say there is a contributory pension scheme. What they fail to mention is that it is at the legal minimum the government say they need to do. So basically the benefits of working there is that they will provide you with the legal minimum. Excellent.
2FAF6F1C-6B02-4F8E-822A-821C1E67334C.png

Also, ‘performance based bonus scheme’ that never pays out

And the fact that they say the central London office is one of the benefits of working there is so ridiculous. So staff get to spend over £10 a day commuting in on sweaty trains and paying £££ on lunch and coffee.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
We offer ‘free’ access to our app, the product that you will need to use anyway, in order to do the job we are employing you to do. What a bleeping joke.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I see on their website most of their snacks have gone up in price within the last week or so - some quite substantially. Their app is increasing in price too. Sales can’t be going that well?

Reactions: 2
They are trying to recruit for all the people who have left, and what I always find funny is under the ‘benefits of working here’ bit, they say there is a contributory pension scheme. What they fail to mention is that it is at the legal minimum the government say they need to do. So basically the benefits of working there is that they will provide you with the legal minimum. Excellent.View attachment 1608304

And the fact that they say the central London office is one of the benefits of working there is so ridiculous. So staff get to spend over £10 a day commuting in on sweaty trains and paying £££ on lunch and coffee.
that is actually hilarious, "benefits" are something that is a legal minimum and a commute that no one wants to do anymore as people prefer to work from home if they can. What a shock they are trying to get more staff!

Reactions: 4
‘Hybrid work model’, i.e. we force everyone into the office on Friday because we don’t trust you.

Free ‘Feel Better’ app access, but you’ll be working insane hours so won’t have the time or capacity to use it

‘Team Events’, which means you can come and watch our live podcast in your own time; where Matt talks about how he has breakfast with his daughters and puts them to bed every day as a non negotiable, but doesn’t let his staff do the same

‘Bike to Work scheme’, but there’s nowhere to leave your bike in the office

‘We need someone with a hard working and flexible approach to work’, because you’ll be working in your evenings, weekends and holidays. You’ll get messages constantly.

‘About you: you’ll have excellent attention to detail’, which we’ve just shown we don’t have by asking for a Supply Chain qualification for a Category Manager role

And no sign of anything to do with salary/reward. Because the last thing they would ever do is thank you.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
‘Hybrid work model’, i.e. we force everyone into the office on Friday because we don’t trust you.

Free ‘Feel Better’ app access, but you’ll be working insane hours so won’t have the time or capacity to use it

‘Team Events’, which means you can come and watch our live podcast in your own time; where Matt talks about how he has breakfast with his daughters and puts them to bed every day as a non negotiable, but doesn’t let his staff do the same

‘Bike to Work scheme’, but there’s nowhere to leave your bike in the office

‘We need someone with a hard working and flexible approach to work’, because you’ll be working in your evenings, weekends and holidays. You’ll get messages constantly.

‘About you: you’ll have excellent attention to detail’, which we’ve just shown we don’t have by asking for a Supply Chain qualification for a Category Manager role

And no sign of anything to do with salary/reward. Because the last thing they would ever do is thank you.
Exactly, a flexible approach won't be for flexi working, wfh etc rather "you need to be on call 24/7

Reactions: 4
They are trying to recruit for all the people who have left, and what I always find funny is under the ‘benefits of working here’ bit, they say there is a contributory pension scheme. What they fail to mention is that it is at the legal minimum the government say they need to do. So basically the benefits of working there is that they will provide you with the legal minimum. Excellent.View attachment 1608304

They’re paying waaay too low for a group accountant at £50k in London, that’s almost half the amount of the competitive salary. It’s clear they want a newly qualified ACA grad here so they can pay them less than an experienced accountant - wonder if they’ll be getting an audit soon so panicking to get a finance team together in time. Yikes, seems very sloppy.

Reactions: 8
The glassdoor reviews are horrendous, only a couple of 5 stars reviews by brand ambassadors not actual employees.

Reactions: 7
One review:

Severe presenteeism in the office
Lack of reward and credit where credit is due Poor (or lack thereof) business forecasting and planning
Chaotic, stressful atmosphere
Overstretched workforce
Absence of benefits and regard for team wellbeing

Another:

When we were working in the office (pre covid) we weren't allowed to eat meat - if we had a chicken sandwich we had to leave! Management pushed a few people out of the business and were dishonest with their team. Not enough credit given where credit is due.

Another:

Chaotic mismanagement Aggressive culture Presenteeism important - people celebrated for being the last in the office No thought for staff welfare No thanks No bonuses despite +18% growth

• Wow
Reactions: 14
One review:

Severe presenteeism in the office
Lack of reward and credit where credit is due Poor (or lack thereof) business forecasting and planning
Chaotic, stressful atmosphere
Overstretched workforce
Absence of benefits and regard for team wellbeing

Another:

When we were working in the office (pre covid) we weren't allowed to eat meat - if we had a chicken sandwich we had to leave! Management pushed a few people out of the business and were dishonest with their team. Not enough credit given where credit is due.

Another:

Chaotic mismanagement Aggressive culture Presenteeism important - people celebrated for being the last in the office No thought for staff welfare No thanks No bonuses despite +18% growth
Is this even legal? Like getting your staff to leave if they want to eat meat?

Reactions: 5
Is this even legal? Like getting your staff to leave if they want to eat meat?
I guess if you accept a job in which conditions its states you are not allowed to eat meat at the office, and you do, the blame is on you.

Reactions: 1
I guess if you accept a job in which conditions its states you are not allowed to eat meat at the office, and you do, the blame is on you.
Depends how it is done. If you know upfront or not. But let’s say no one tells you or it’s implemented “just because” and becomes a rule out of the blue. How do you even justify this?

Reactions: 1
They don't allow their staff to eat meat? But didn't they serve meat and fish in the deli at one point? I seem to remember reading that. Maybe I've got that wrong. I'm sure 'Matthew' still ate meat not so long ago too.

ETA: I found an article re: serving meat in the deli, but it's from 2015. I guess she changed her mind on this!

Reactions: 5
Depends how it is done. If you know upfront or not. But let’s say no one tells you or it’s implemented “just because” and becomes a rule out of the blue. How do you even justify this?
A poster has mentioned it is in the staff handbook, which I assume are handed out as soon as you start working in the company. If you were to read it and not agree with what it says, you can always resign before the trial period is over.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.