Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't look at her and think lucky... I see overwork, burn out, not getting to spend much time with your kids, central London flat with hideous interior design. No thanks! Especially when you have enough money to choose not to live like that. Bananas to me.

And yeah, I think she doth protest too much regarding him.
And this ! Gushing about how such a workaholics they are. Well no one is asking you to produce tons of products no one is asking for... of course this will add stress. You are investing in something people. Don't. Care. And will not buy.....
Take example from pick up limes....they have videos how prepare vegan healthy foods on a budget and gives you access to printable for free! To make your life healthy and balanced.
Come one Ella. Start to read the room! Not the CEO idea of business strategy which in current context of the world does not make sense.

Reactions: 12
It is true, their business strategy does not make sense.

Who wants to buy overpriced small snacks (cost of living crisis) that are mostly individually wrapped (climate change)?

And what is their direction anyway? Food - restaurant, products, recipe books? Or wellness - app, podcast? Pick your niche!

Reactions: 8
I feel like they know that just one thing won’t bring in enough money. They want a finger in every pie so their brand in always seen. You see it in supermarkets, if you are looking for wellness related content, they are part of the restaurant scene too now.
Their menu looks absolutely underwhelming though.

Reactions: 4
Honestly living in central London if you have the money for it is pretty amazing. The area where I think they live is full of good restaurants, parks, yoga studios and so on. Walking to the office is a huge luxury too. I’m pretty sure they live in a town house. So they have outdoor space. Even if they don’t, they have plenty of parks etc around where they can take the kids. If they lived further out in a house, they would spend 2-3 hours / day commuting. I lived both in central London and further out. Both have their advantages but they are so tied to central London for work, I get why they are staying there.
I think it’s amazing if you don’t have children... But I think if you have children and your whole thing in your life is “health and wellness” your priority for them would be them playing outside, exploring woods, growing their own food and sunflowers etc, which is an experience that’s hard to get in London.

Ella grew up in a very large house with huge grounds. In the same way being rich and living in central London isn’t the same as living in central London and being middle class, it’s not the same living in the suburbs when you’re rich ‘v’ when you’re middle class .

She doesn’t need to be in work 9-5. They are both literally the bosses and it’s easily within their abilities to work from home and to have different hours to what you expect from your staff. It’s not that uncommon for this to be the case either.

I’m just surprised for someone who says they really value yoga, mindfulness, eating seasonally, eating locally, plant based etc… it surprises me that someone like this wouldn’t value what a countryside upbringing offers their children over London. I’d have thought if nothing else, air quality would make her want to bring up her kids out of London 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I feel like they know that just one thing won’t bring in enough money. They want a finger in every pie so their brand in always seen. You see it in supermarkets, if you are looking for wellness related content, they are part of the restaurant scene too now.
Their menu looks absolutely underwhelming though.
But this is a risky strategy - if you do many things you risk doing none of them especially well. Especially as a small company.

It is also a risk to grow too fast.

Reactions: 3
But this is a risky strategy - if you do many things you risk doing none of them especially well. Especially as a small company.

It is also a risk to grow too fast.
They had issues with expanding too fast when they opened a few delis and had to close all of them except the one that is now the restaurant.

I think it’s amazing if you don’t have children... But I think if you have children and your whole thing in your life is “health and wellness” your priority for them would be them playing outside, exploring woods, growing their own food and sunflowers etc, which is an experience that’s hard to get in London.

Ella grew up in a very large house with huge grounds. In the same way being rich and living in central London isn’t the same as living in central London and being middle class, it’s not the same living in the suburbs when you’re rich ‘v’ when you’re middle class .

She doesn’t need to be in work 9-5. They are both literally the bosses and it’s easily within their abilities to work from home and to have different hours to what you expect from your staff. It’s not that uncommon for this to be the case either.

I’m just surprised for someone who says they really value yoga, mindfulness, eating seasonally, eating locally, plant based etc… it surprises me that someone like this wouldn’t value what a countryside upbringing offers their children over London. I’d have thought if nothing else, air quality would make her want to bring up her kids out of London 🤷🏻‍♀️
Air quality would be the main factor but… when you run a business you have to be around. They constantly have several different projects. I lived near Guildford. It’s amazing but even if you have to be in London 3-4 days a week, it’s a huge drag. Not all parts of Guildford have fast trains to London. Trains are also unreliable. From Richmond to central London it easily takes over an hour to get to the office. Also once you leave the city there is a lot less opportunities for kids. Yes you have a big back yard. But not as many activities, not that many places to choose from for nurseries and so on. I think this is personal preference…

I think her not letting her kids decide if they want to follow any type of diet is more problematic. So is the fact that she posts them to her millions of followers all the time with 0 regards to their privacy.

Reactions: 5
They had issues with expanding too fast when they opened a few delis and had to close all of them except the one that is now the restaurant.

Air quality would be the main factor but… when you run a business you have to be around. They constantly have several different projects. I lived near Guildford. It’s amazing but even if you have to be in London 3-4 days a week, it’s a huge drag. Not all parts of Guildford have fast trains to London. Trains are also unreliable. From Richmond to central London it easily takes over an hour to get to the office. Also once you leave the city there is a lot less opportunities for kids. Yes you have a big back yard. But not as many activities, not that many places to choose from for nurseries and so on. I think this is personal preference…

I think her not letting her kids decide if they want to follow any type of diet is more problematic. So is the fact that she posts them to her millions of followers all the time with 0 regards to their privacy.
I own a business, and I set the rules. It’s the main reason I wanted to run my own business. If I want to work from home I can. Many, many businesses, especially small operators have decided to give up their premises or down size them because the pandemic proved you could work from home.

I did say that it wasn’t meant to cause offence for anyone who chooses to bring their children up in London.But for Ella and Matt it is a choice. They do not need to be working in an office, in central London, 5 days a week.

Most employees when asked want flexible working. Most people want the ability to work from home so they have a better work life balance and have better affordability. The people at the top set the tone for that, and by pushing the message that you can only work from an office it shows a lack of trust in your staff, and a lack of understanding of their needs/wants.

Regarding nurseries etc, London doesn’t have the only good schools and nurseries in the country… again, you’re likely to get better ones outside of London in the suburbs.

It’s my opinion, that if I had the money that Ella and Matt have, there is no chance in hell I would be bringing my children up in the middle of a massive city. I would much rather they were able to run around outside in their own garden, or go for countryside walks and see wildlife and get an understanding of nature. But that’s what’s important to me. That would be more important than working in an office 5 days a week unnecessarily. Different strokes for different folks, but considering Ella’s whole vibe is “wellness” it personally really surprises me that it’s the life she wants for them.

Reactions: 11

I grew up in London so I guess I am biased, but living in a city offers SO much to children, first of all anyway london is full of green spaces, but the cultural diversity, interesting things to do etc, imo are an incredible advantage. They grow up with a different mindset. I didn't think that everyone with money was desperate to move out of London, the opposite I would think?

Reactions: 6
I own a business, and I set the rules. It’s the main reason I wanted to run my own business. If I want to work from home I can. Many, many businesses, especially small operators have decided to give up their premises or down size them because the pandemic proved you could work from home.

I did say that it wasn’t meant to cause offence for anyone who chooses to bring their children up in London.But for Ella and Matt it is a choice. They do not need to be working in an office, in central London, 5 days a week.

Most employees when asked want flexible working. Most people want the ability to work from home so they have a better work life balance and have better affordability. The people at the top set the tone for that, and by pushing the message that you can only work from an office it shows a lack of trust in your staff, and a lack of understanding of their needs/wants.

Regarding nurseries etc, London doesn’t have the only good schools and nurseries in the country… again, you’re likely to get better ones outside of London in the suburbs.

It’s my opinion, that if I had the money that Ella and Matt have, there is no chance in hell I would be bringing my children up in the middle of a massive city. I would much rather they were able to run around outside in their own garden, or go for countryside walks and see wildlife and get an understanding of nature. But that’s what’s important to me. That would be more important than working in an office 5 days a week unnecessarily. Different strokes for different folks, but considering Ella’s whole vibe is “wellness” it personally really surprises me that it’s the life she wants for them.
Hmmm, but they run a restaurant - a physical location - in Central London and I guess they are there fairly often and might also need to go there if there are "emergencies" of any kind?

Plus, they most likely have a lot of meetings with supermarkets or vendors / suppliers or marketing agencies etc etc. Then Ella does her courses.

I think if I were in their shoes I would also want to live in Central London (although they don't even live that centrally, do they?) to be more flexible when it comes to meetings etc and also for convenience to avoid long commutes etc.

Reactions: 3
Hmmm, but they run a restaurant - a physical location - in Central London and I guess they are there fairly often and might also need to go there if there are "emergencies" of any kind?

Plus, they most likely have a lot of meetings with supermarkets or vendors / suppliers or marketing agencies etc etc. Then Ella does her courses.

I think if I were in their shoes I would also want to live in Central London (although they don't even live that centrally, do they?) to be more flexible when it comes to meetings etc and also for convenience to avoid long commutes etc.
She used to walk to a yoga studio that’s literally next to hyde park… and they are still walking distance from the office and hyde park. So I guess they have not left the area.

Different businesses call for different setups. Ella is still the face of the business. So she needs to be around for content creation. She is also involved with recipe development and if there is a team behind it, she can’t do it in her own kitchen. I think they actually enjoy living in London and good for them.

Reactions: 2
Yeah Matt comes across as a total micromanager, there’s no way he’s wasting time commuting from the home counties and from comments here we know he loves presenteeism so working remote won’t be an option for him.

Plus it’s not like they don’t have multiple family country piles (the one in Oxfordshire is worth around £12 million I believe) to escape to at the drop of a hat to explore nature, horse riding lessons etc. And probably own their own as well. For all we know Ella takes the girls for a few days at a time or sends them with the nanny to the grandparents. They will have the best of both worlds (in theory), as Ella did.

A reminder of the family wealth: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...bour-MP-puts-7million-seaside-house-sale.html

• Wow

I completely agree...If I was still living in London and if I was rich (hahah) I woul love a housetown Central London near all the best schools ; parks ; family and most importantly work wise ... 2-3 hours commute a day les exausting for parents and for kids ..they really live a privileged life

Reactions: 6
We really dislike "Matthew" don't we? Tbh I don't mind their wealth or house location what I do mind or don't agree with is their different business strategies. All the launching of different products that don't really work, do you remember all the frozen things? For me it just doesn't make any sense.
I used to like Ella but I think she should take the control of her life back and of her business...

So much to unpack here:

- why are there only photos of them as a couple or with baby Skye? Where’s the rest of the family? Or friends?
-why does someone with so much money have a cabinet that looks like I could have upcycled it myself with some Ikea wardrobes and a streaky tin of sample paint?
-why does Matthews side of the bookcase have over 100 books about how to run a business? Pro tip: if by the 100th book you still haven’t figured it out, maybe this isn’t the career for you!

F6207BF0-F9F0-438F-B632-808FB8154001.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So much to unpack here:

- why are there only photos of them as a couple or with baby Skye? Where’s the rest of the family? Or friends?
-why does someone with so much money have a cabinet that looks like I could have upcycled it myself with some Ikea wardrobes and a streaky tin of sample paint?
-why does Matthews side of the bookcase have over 100 books about how to run a business? Pro tip: if by the 100th book you still haven’t figured it out, maybe this isn’t the career for you!

View attachment 1469488
All the books and he still does not understand the voice of the customer 🤣

Reactions: 7
So much to unpack here:

View attachment 1469488
And Bill Clinton on the shelf. Wonder if her Dad got a signed copy on the Lolita Express 🤢

• Sick
So much to unpack here:

View attachment 1469488
I always feel like people who only read business books must be SO dull, no other interests, most of us do our jobs and then have interests outside, seemingly he doesn't

I always feel like people who only read business books must be SO dull, no other interests, most of us do our jobs and then have interests outside, seemingly he doesn't
Wrong! His interests is butchering nice interior designs to a pattern vomit 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.