Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off the top of my head: discontinuing their bestselling products for new terrible ones, the deli closing, and Plants seems to be doing badly (I notice it's empty every time Ella and Matt are there. It's either dead or they've closed it to eat there privately which seems terrible for business either way). He's also weirdly a constant presence around Ella now. She had a boyfriend when she started Deliciously Ella and we never heard from him (good) and now we can't go a week without hearing about "angel" Matt who has revolutionised the business. Ella also talked a lot about expanding into Europe and the US (Matt seemed to be spearheading this?) and it never seems to happen.
In all fairness she said they have a warehouse in the EU. They postponed a lot of things due to covid and brexit. Expanding to the US probably got delayed because they, like most businesses, struggled for a while and she was pretty honest about it.

Matt took a brand that was built on personal connections, an easygoing vibe, being approachable and splashed their privilege all over it. Ella is also more and more detached from reality. Given where she comes from, she user to be pretty down to earth.

Reactions: 6
Off the top of my head: discontinuing their bestselling products for new terrible ones, the deli closing, and Plants seems to be doing badly (I notice it's empty every time Ella and Matt are there. It's either dead or they've closed it to eat there privately which seems terrible for business either way). He's also weirdly a constant presence around Ella now. She had a boyfriend when she started Deliciously Ella and we never heard from him (good) and now we can't go a week without hearing about "angel" Matt who has revolutionised the business. Ella also talked a lot about expanding into Europe and the US (Matt seemed to be spearheading this?) and it never seems to happen.
According to online reviews; the menu at plants is very expensive for little quantity...i Guess you cant make a vegan place a high end destination...Indeed the Deli format is a much more suitable one for the Brand...

Regarding Ella ; I thought she was very low Key but now everything in her life screams filthy rich ( expensive furnishing and decor in her house; her jewelery; her bags .. even the gym)..dont know why I would have thought she is not a consumption slave

Reactions: 8
Regarding Ella ; I thought she was very low Key but now everything in her life screams filthy rich ( expensive furnishing and decor in her house; her jewelery; her bags .. even the gym)..dont know why I would have thought she is not a consumption slave
I think she was always like this, we just saw less of her life because she wasn’t on Instagram 24/7. She always was kitted out in designer head to toe. Designer handbags, super expensive ‘clean’ make up and skincare recommendations. The constant holidays to the Mustiq, LA etc, everything about her lifestyle has always been unobtainable and extravagant. She just does everything she can to pretend she’s just an average person. I honestly have no respect for her because of this.

Reactions: 15
The way she says ‘Ernst & Young’ in full too… I have friends who work there and it’s only ever known as ‘EY’. It’s a bit like how she insists on ‘Matthew’ in full 🙄

Speaking of, I saw this on the DE stories last week - praising your partner is nice, but the way she goes on and on about him as if he’s some sort of god is just a bit… off? Talking about him writing a book like he’s some sort of Peter Jones level entrepreneur lol

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The way she says ‘Ernst & Young’ in full too… I have friends who work there and it’s only ever known as ‘EY’. It’s a bit like how she insists on ‘Matthew’ in full 🙄

Speaking of, I saw this on the DE stories last week - praising your partner is nice, but the way she goes on and on about him as if he’s some sort of god is just a bit… off? Talking about him writing a book like he’s some sort of Peter Jones level entrepreneur lol
I think it's probably Matthew who insists on Matthew in full. He seems to take himself very seriously. Probably thinks Matt is not fitting for the extremely important CEO that he is.

The way she goes on and on about him is so off. She was never this OTT before.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s always made me laugh that every holiday he brings business self-help books to read on his sunlounger, just to make sure that all the other holidaymakers know he is a Super Serious Boss 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She’s well and truly brainwashed.
Welcome to the Matthew cult, population of one.
I wonder if she’s had some serious ‘feedback’ on him from family/friends/business contacts and gushing about him is her way of compensating but actually it’s just making it super obvious there is a big problem?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whenever she does a fake question she ends it with xx as well (well that’s my theory anyway)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was just wondering the same. What is with her cringy everyday post about creepy Matt. Like we get it you work together and he is the CEO ...why posting it every bleeping day ?? To convince yourself how "lucky" you are .I don't get it. It is definitely NOT helping to sell the brand ....and really extremely annoying.
A ceo who shares wealth and is invested in charities THAT is worth showing . Not a "CEO" who is only focus on biggest margins ever and that will make everything possible to squeeze every penny.

Reactions: 11
I don't look at her and think lucky... I see overwork, burn out, not getting to spend much time with your kids, central London flat with hideous interior design. No thanks! Especially when you have enough money to choose not to live like that. Bananas to me.

And yeah, I think she doth protest too much regarding him.

Reactions: 19
The way she posts about him is very strange and juvenile - posting weekly (if not more) pictures of them holding hands walking to work etc. I can't think of another person I know who does that about their partner. Maybe a cringe post on their birthday or something, but not every. single. day. 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m sorry to anyone who lives in central London with kids…

But the thing that baffles me most about Ella’s lifestyle is that they live in central London. You can live further out, like Richmond or Wimbledon, and have a house with a garden (they could afford this), and still have easy access to central London.

Living further out like Guildford, it would take less than 50 minutes door to door to get from Bond Street to Guildford train station. And you’d get a lovely house in the countryside for what they could afford.

I don’t understand why you’d actively choose to bring your children up in a central London flat if you didn’t have to. I get this is so personal, but considering she grew up in the countryside in a huge house with large grounds it genuinely surprises me she wouldn’t want that for her children… she goes on so much about health and wellness, surely you’d want to prioritise your children playing outside 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I dont know but maybe they think living in central London in what appears to be a housetown or a Dupleix or a huge flat ..is the epitome of luxe and a way to show off ....few people Can afford living in a huge Space central London if that makes sense

Reactions: 4
Honestly living in central London if you have the money for it is pretty amazing. The area where I think they live is full of good restaurants, parks, yoga studios and so on. Walking to the office is a huge luxury too. I’m pretty sure they live in a town house. So they have outdoor space. Even if they don’t, they have plenty of parks etc around where they can take the kids. If they lived further out in a house, they would spend 2-3 hours / day commuting. I lived both in central London and further out. Both have their advantages but they are so tied to central London for work, I get why they are staying there.

Reactions: 13
Do they live in a flat? I thought it was a house. I guess I'm not sure as I haven't really kept up with her house moves. I think they will move to a big house in the country some point. Whenever Matthew decides the time is right.

Reactions: 9
They probably have access to a private (gated) garden/park too. They are amazing. (Theres 100 of them in the borough of Kensington & Chelsea alone). After all we can’t have Matthew mixing with The Poors

Of course it doesn’t compare to the wide open spaces of the countryside but their London existence is beyond comprehension to 99.9% of people.

Being in London makes the most sense for work right now and that is obviously their priority. Plus if they moved out as a family I imagine Mr CEO would still spend most of his time in the London residence? And then your marriage is ripe for trouble. He married Deliciously Ella the business first & foremost not Ella the person.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.