Deliciously Ella #2 Matt was the best birthing partner, feeding me coconut water and peanut butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched her stories šŸ™„ the ridiculousness of her whining that she wishes she got to spend more time with her kids and could drop them off at nursery more often than once a week. Ella, you are self employed, if you want to prioritise nursery drop off, then do it! She clearly doesn't actually want to, it just makes her feel like a martyr to post about it.

Also most people don't have the option of not dropping off their kids at nursery? Not everyone has a nanny to do it for them, so has to squeeze it in before work. She has such a charmed life she can't even imagine the alternative šŸ™„ let's all get out the world's tiniest little violin for Ella šŸ˜‚
I eyerolled too! How does she imagine other mums manage that don't have the privilege of a Nanny ...and it's absolutely ridiculous of her to suggest she can't take her child to nursery every day, of course she could....she just chooses not too !

Reactions: 9
Iā€™m assuming she canā€™t do this more often because Matt wonā€™t let her out of the cage
What does she even mean, she wishes she could walk down the street with her kids more often? They could easily take a step back from the business but because they're such control freaks they can't let go.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m assuming she canā€™t do this more often because Matt wonā€™t let her out of the cage
FFS ...seriously??? How the entire world exists in that case ???
She used to be so nice. Now it is just pathetic. Wake up woman. Read the room.
Screenshot_20220422-205055_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 7
FFS ...seriously??? How the entire world exists in that case ???
She used to be so nice. Now it is just pathetic. Wake up woman. Read the room.
View attachment 1213607
The thing that irks me is that for Ella (and Matt) it absolutely IS a choice. Most people in the real world DONā€™T have a choice and are perilously juggling it all because they need to work to put food on the table and live. She has no idea of her privilege, or she does and she has no empathy or understanding about how other parents live. Fast going off her

Reactions: 11
The thing that irks me is that for Ella (and Matt) it absolutely IS a choice. Most people in the real world DONā€™T have a choice and are perilously juggling it all because they need to work to put food on the table and live. She has no idea of her privilege, or she does and she has no empathy or understanding about how other parents live. Fast going off her
Exactly this. I wish I could spend more time with my nearly 2 year old and drop off at nursery but my work hours mean I would be late to work so my husband (not nanny, lol) does it. Thankfully he can with no problems. So tone deaf

Reactions: 7

Yes and if the kids are not well you also have to deal with grumpy bosses and work whenever possible. This is only in case you have an office job which is already quite a luxury compared to other jobs like cleaning, nursing and teaching.
My heart bleeds for the billionaire Ella

Reactions: 8
Honestly Matt has been a disaster for her business and the way she is living her life. The only good thing that came out if it are the kids and they rarely see them anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Something Iā€™ve never been able to understand is how she has often spoken in interviews of being an ā€œentrepreneurā€ and a ā€œfeministā€ and yet she handed over the role of CEO of her business to her then-new boyfriend within a couple of months of meeting him (and odd that he went along - or possibly suggested - this)! She says she doesnā€™t have a ā€œbusiness brainā€ but she was already doing well without Matt and easily couldā€™ve afforded to get a business advisor etc on board for professional advice if needed. She certainly didnā€™t make him CEO to take work/pressure off her shoulders because according to her posts sheā€™s busier now than ever!
Especially given her health issues, motherhood and the fact sheā€™s already wealthy/privileged, I think she wouldā€™ve been much better off staying in charge of the business herself and keeping it more focussed on what she was already doing well. Ie, just running the app, writing recipe books and making the odd media appearance. It wouldā€™ve kept it more personal and authentic, and (especially with some staff helping) allowed her to have the work/life balance as per her wellness ethos that, judging by all her ā€œIā€™m so busy/exhaustedā€ posts, she doesnā€™t currently have šŸ˜…

Reactions: 19
She tells the story of meeting Matt as if it's a whirlwind romance ("we moved in together within a week") but it's just... not romantic or necessary to intertwine your life with someone so quickly after meeting them. It just makes him sound like a predatory user - especially given how much he has fully inserted himself into her business and essentially taken it over entirely. Wake up, honey! Oof.

Reactions: 23
She tells the story of meeting Matt as if it's a whirlwind romance ("we moved in together within a week") but it's just... not romantic or necessary to intertwine your life with someone so quickly after meeting them. It just makes him sound like a predatory user - especially given how much he has fully inserted himself into her business and essentially taken it over entirely. Wake up, honey! Oof.
Yeah I couldnā€™t agree more! Honestly, I really admired the original work Ella did with her brand back in the day - I knew she was very privileged but as someone who has/had similar health issues to Ella (at a similar age) I felt I could relate to her and she really seemed like her heart was in the right place. It was inspiring to hear of someone with PoTS making a lot of recovery through healthy lifestyle choices rather than just relying on medications, and gave me hope for an improvement in my symptoms too.
As soon as she met Matt though and he took over the business, it completely lost its spark and point of uniqueness and turned into one big generic money-making machine. As a consumer, it made me feel that Ella didnā€™t really care about health and wellness and recovery from illness anymore. Given sheā€™s already hugely wealthy and was doing well with her recipes and books etc by herself, it feels like the business is just driven by greed now rather than any sort of genuine passion.
Like others here have commented though, to be fair to Ella I agree that itā€™s very much possible that ā€œMr Deliciousā€ (aka Matt) has her in a cage. As Vanja said above, the ā€œwhirlwind romanceā€ Ella paints of meeting him sounds more like controlling behaviour on his part to me, particularly with him being several years older. And especially given he appears to be a workaholic, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if he pressures her into working harder/more than she would like to.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Iā€™m not a fan of Matt at all, but I think Ellaā€™s been a fraud since the beginning. She initially made a big thing about being vegan, then swiftly changed to plant based after doing an ad wearing a fur coat and receiving a bad reaction from her followers when mentioning she sometimes ate fish. I went to her first cooking class (yep Iā€™m disappointed in myself too!) and she very clearly said that her ambition was that she wanted world domination in healthy eating, which definitely went against how she presented herself as being surprised at how popular her blog was becoming. I think sheā€™s a lot more calculating than she lets on.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Didn't she meet Matt through her father?

Maybe her father pressured her into bringing Matt into the business, and potentially encouraged her to move the relationship along swiftly?

I refuse to believe that two toddlers live in this place, mine would have attacked and destroyed all the breakables in seconds
Eeekk!! This looks like they are blind. What kind of taste do they have??? Why did they have to get the thrown-out furniture from great-grandma if they have so much money??

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m not a fan of Matt at all, but I think Ellaā€™s been a fraud since the beginning. She initially made a big thing about being vegan, then swiftly changed to plant based after doing an ad wearing a fur coat and receiving a bad reaction from her followers when mentioning she sometimes ate fish. I went to her first cooking class (yep Iā€™m disappointed in myself too!) and she very clearly said that her ambition was that she wanted world domination in healthy eating, which definitely went against how she presented herself as being surprised at how popular her blog was becoming. I think sheā€™s a lot more calculating than she lets on.
Iā€™ve always felt she was a fraud, since she changes her stance so often on thingsā€¦

The original deli sold organic chicken and fish because they thought it would make the deli a bigger success by attracting the BFā€™s of the vegan GFā€™s šŸ™„ it received so much backlash and then a few months later they quietly shelved that.

She always maintained sheā€™s never been a diet brand but then brought out a 6 week lifestyle plan (not sure if any of you will remember this?) it was before the new app launched and it was online only. That was also quietly shelved.

As PP said, she started eating fish to make people realise she wasnā€™t this crazy vegan when the term started to turn.

She constantly lies about how she had no help for her success. Her Mum, or her own inheritance, bought her a multi-million pound flat in central London when she left university which had a bespoke kitchen in it, fully fitted with video set up in mind so good lighting, kitchen island etc etc

She claims she never used the term ā€œclean eatingā€ but when she did that Documentary with Proff Giles Yeo I scrolled to her original insta pictures because I was sure that is how I had found her and low and behold all of the pictures had that hashtag. She dropped it, like she dropped the term vegan, when it suited her.

She use to say she would never post anything political or about the ethics behind being veggie etc because she didnā€™t want to alienate people and seem preachy but now does this as she realises it helps the brand. This is despite spending years saying that the ethics and environmental aspects really werenā€™t that important to her.

I donā€™t think Matt is much better though. I seem to remember that she said they met at a private members club, an introduction from her Dad, because he wanted to recruit her to be the face of a brand of a coconut water business he was currently creating.

I donā€™t think heā€™s controlling her, (although obviously I have no idea as I donā€™t know them and havenā€™t followed her properly on Instagram in years). I think theyā€™re both as bad as each other. Both obsessed with money. Both think they have something to prove to show they made it without their parents (even though that is literally impossible, due to childhood privileges).

I do think though, he probably was the one who wanted children and she didnā€™t really think about it much. I think she probably, at the very back of her mind, wishes she had waited a bit. Iā€™m not at all saying she regrets her children. Just the timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
All her ā€˜I wouldnā€™t have believed thisā€™, ā€˜I never imagined myself owning a businessā€™ in her post is total crap too. Itā€™s exactly what she set out to do!

Reactions: 12
So Ella was on the sheerluxe youtube channel and she didn't look very well. Is she still sick or has she recovered? The host asked her how old Ella was at one point and you can tell she was shocked when she said she was only 30. She covered it ok by saying oh you have accomplished so much, but you just know she thought Ella was older.

Reactions: 5
So Ella was on the sheerluxe youtube channel and she didn't look very well. Is she still sick or has she recovered? The host asked her how old Ella was at one point and you can tell she was shocked when she said she was only 30. She covered it ok by saying oh you have accomplished so much, but you just know she thought Ella was older.
Oh my she is 30 year old ??? Somehow I missed. Damn she looks older and somehow very unwell šŸ˜

Reactions: 4
The way she trots her kids out is sometimes a bit odd... which photos and videos she chooses to share etc.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.