Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said it before but if I’d seen her in the chemo unit prancing around, shaking her bum into the camera and pouting like a teenager when I was having my treatment I’d have exploded. I can’t think of anything I’d like to have seen less quite frankly.
If I had had my treatment in the same hospital I would have throw my sick bowl at her! Ffs! She’s now advertising sweaty Betty again which infuriates me as she can easily afford to buy these overpriced sportswear but gets gifted a shedload when, and I have said this countless times, other less fortunate people could be gifted them (nurses, supermarket workers etc) and sweaty Betty could use that on their own social media. What do these big companies not get about these rich influencers? They don’t need your tit! 😡

Reactions: 11
Can’t stand her prancing about in free clothes when she could easily afford them and more. She seems to do what she wants when she wants but exposing her children and dragging them into ads (even if they are willing) is so so ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
I find her quite vulgar now. Today shes in hospital saying she’s not with her daughter for her birthday which is so sad but in 2 days she will be off gallivanting somewhere and sticking an ad in there. I’m currently undergoing tests and I’m petrified it’s going to be bad news and the thought of leaving behind 6 kids ( 5 are over 18) just makes me feel sick. I just don’t know how she can turn it on and off for the camera and freebies. My husbands working as much as he can just incase , I just want him at home with me every minute but money doesn’t allow it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I find her quite vulgar now. Today shes in hospital saying she’s not with her daughter for her birthday which is so sad but in 2 days she will be off gallivanting somewhere and sticking an ad in there. I’m currently undergoing tests and I’m petrified it’s going to be bad news and the thought of leaving behind 6 kids ( 5 are over 18) just makes me feel sick. I just don’t know how she can turn it on and off for the camera and freebies. My husbands working as much as he can just incase , I just want him at home with me every minute but money doesn’t allow it.
Sending you best wishes. Fingers crossed 🤞 it will be good news or not as bad as you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sending you best wishes. Fingers crossed 🤞 it will be good news or not as bad as you think.
Thanks so much. It’s a worrying time and I feel so much compassion for anyone going through treatment / tests/ cancer or any major illness. She’s just really grinding me atm.

Reactions: 4
Sending love and strength to you. It’s bloody awful waiting for results. 💕

Reactions: 1
Sounds like she’s very poorly at the moment. I think she pushes her body to the absolute limit, attending events when most people would be taking it easy at home, and maybe that’s why she has these complications. She gives off such a manic vibe I’m not surprised she isn’t any good at resting, but still…

Reactions: 10
Sounds like she’s very poorly at the moment. I think she pushes her body to the absolute limit, attending events when most people would be taking it easy at home, and maybe that’s why she has these complications. She gives off such a manic vibe I’m not surprised she isn’t any good at resting, but still…
I agree. I know everyone is different and dealing with stage 4 cancer must be pure hell. But, I just don’t get why she just doesn’t enjoy what she has instead of the constant manic behaviour. Events, PR, peloton, Instagram, writing columns, and the documenting of every minute of her life. I struggle to post once every few months and I’m not dealing with what she is. A lot of influencers are like this though. It’s like Instagram comes first then everything else follows behind. Strange really 🤷‍♀️

I agree. I know everyone is different and dealing with stage 4 cancer must be pure hell. But, I just don’t get why she just doesn’t enjoy what she has instead of the constant manic behaviour. Events, PR, peloton, Instagram, writing columns, and the documenting of every minute of her life. I struggle to post once every few months and I’m not dealing with what she is. A lot of influencers are like this though. It’s like Instagram comes first then everything else follows behind. Strange really 🤷‍♀️
It's a good question isn't it. The constant keeping on...I have absolutely no idea how i would be if I was in the same situation. However I am pretty sure by body would be screaming loud and clear what it needs.

She has had a very busy couple of months. A fortune set of events and beautiful holiday.

It was the push on the peleton that made me stop in my tracks last week. I'm not sure what she is trying to prove to herself or others. It made me feel sad actually. As I thought that was certainly tough and wanted to just ask her to stop. To rest. And just recharge a little.

I wish her no ill. Have posted here a few times about the fine line between raising awareness and becoming a IG influencer.

But honestly it's actually painful and frustrating to watch as anyone that would have had the last few months she has had would be exhausted. Without factoring in Cancer. Sometimes I feel she doesn't let treatments settle or rest or have time to be at peace with it. As she is pushing forward going out etc.

Social media has really given a window hasn't it to people and circumstances.

I hope she rests now. I dont mean sit back and let cancer take over her. But rests with her family and friends and has some quality time with them. That's the important stuff. Not the ads and events and sponsorships.

• Heart
Her body has taken a battering with treatments over the years and is now taking longer to recover between treatments- sadly she has almost exhausted all possible treatment options ( with exception of possible novel treatments available as a clinical trial- but even if she were eligible for such treatments , her blood results would need to be within acceptable parameters which I doubt they are currently as she’s just recovering from another bout of sepsis)
I know she’s desperate to hang on but I think she also needs to spend time with her family- despite her saying she doesn’t think they need to know how I’ll she is- it’s part of her coping strategy

Reactions: 9
While I don't agree with the way she has focused alot on ads etc I don't wish her any harm but I do agree with the above posts. I think she needs to take a huge break from social media and enjoy her time with her family.

Reactions: 7
Sending you love and strength xx

The founder of make 2nds count (Lisa Fleming/ secondarybreastcancerandme) has just posted in her IG stories today that she's feeling v rough after having restarted chemo for her metastatic breast cancer and how she's noticed a few influencers undergoing chemo and dancing round their drip stands and saying how this doesn't represent the chemo experience/ journey for the vast majority of patients -wonder who she's having a dig at 🤔🙄?

Reactions: 16
The founder of make 2nds count (Lisa Fleming/ secondarybreastcancerandme) has just posted in her IG stories today that she's feeling v rough after having restarted chemo for her metastatic breast cancer and how she's noticed a few influencers undergoing chemo and dancing round their drip stands and saying how this doesn't represent the chemo experience/ journey for the vast majority of patients -wonder who she's having a dig at 🤔🙄?
She was deffo having a dig there. I do have to disagree with her on the fact that she “didn’t hear from many friends yesterday” and wondered whether they forgot about her which I found to be very irritating and immature. People have lives and things going on in their world too, she’s coming across just as insular as bowel babe in that story.

She was deffo having a dig there. I do have to disagree with her on the fact that she “didn’t hear from many friends yesterday” and wondered whether they forgot about her which I found to be very irritating and immature. People have lives and things going on in their world too, she’s coming across just as insular as bowel babe in that story.
Very much a pity party....she's just had a week in Dubai - these folk with cancer do seem to think the world revolves around them sometimes, which I find intensely irritating ....there are so many other dreadful life limiting diseases out there which , with equally awful treatments and don't get all the publicity cancer does

Reactions: 7
As a cancer patient I started a blog about my journey - it really helped and I met many other cancer patients online to talk to and help spread awareness. I followed bowel babe as I was so inspired by her and her story! I agree about the selling tho - it sometimes makes me sad that many Instagrammers are just after swipe ups etc..
I follow this one account who wanted to help spread awareness for a different cancer - she recently got to 10000 followers and now started doing competitions for reaching 10000 and tagging vegan bakery’s for ads etc.. like she’s ‘famous’ (not to mention the go fund me begging to £10000 and now booked at least 3 holidays!!) I think sometimes this Instagram world does go to peoples heads.
I do like bowel babe- and follow her, I’m not keen on all the selling tho x

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.