Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t begrudge her the life she has but I can see why her ‘lifestyle’ and choices might sometimes grate.
I don’t begrudge her either. She comes across as someone who has always lead a privileged life so there’s no reason why that should change just because she has cancer. Equally I can see why other women in the cancer community find it hard to watch her bouncing from hospital to glam event to holiday to adverts because their lives must pale in comparison.

Reactions: 11
I don’t begrudge her either. She comes across as someone who has always lead a privileged life so there’s no reason why that should change just because she has cancer. Equally I can see why other women in the cancer community find it hard to watch her bouncing from hospital to glam event to holiday to adverts because their lives must pale in comparison.
Nobody's life should pale in comparison

Reactions: 4
What do you mean?
The anxiety....it isn't all events and how she wishes she could do normal things (as she gets dressed up to go to some other glam Do)

Her posts about the scans feel very different....well they did to me.

Who would want to live with this over your head? I think its taking its toll after a very busy couple of months.

Reactions: 3
I do feel for her with regard to waiting for results. It’s awful! I genuinely hope it’s good news for her but it doesn’t take away from the fact she is annoying, insensitive and a show off 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Hah, she’s back out at a fashion show tonight. We knew the glitz and glamour would not be gone for long.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And now she’s flogging underwear and dragging her daughter into it too. Seriously.

• Wow
Not just any old underwear but period pants!

Though the daughter handled it really well though.

Reactions: 1
I’m pleased she has hAd good news about her latest scan. She says she’s had her head in the toilet for three days which is certainly not what she showed on her posts (even though she alludes to this in the post). She was at a fashion show 🙈

Reactions: 7
My brother is 16 years older than me so quite a big age gap. He got a girlfriend at 19-20. So I was only 4-5 years old. I looked up to her. As we got older the age gap seemed to shorten if that makes sense? We became absolute best friends. Closer than I am with my actual sister because she didn’t have the side that would tell me off. She was just my best friend. I’ve been through hard times and she would turn up at my house with bottles of wine to have a chat over. Weve had 5 children between us and it’s all been quite chaotic.
In 2019 she was diagnosed with bowel cancer after I pestered her to push her doctor to send her for further tests. It was a bad time for her but she was told it was treatable. She had chemo and it was clearing up. It had spread to her kidney so they operated on that over Christmas 2019. It was a success so we had a great Christmas. Then Covid hit. She was so so scared of getting poorly that we couldn’t see her in order to protect her. During this time, the hospital stopped her chemo because the risk of catching Covid was higher than the cancer. That was march 2020. Fast forward to June 2020, I was the first phone all my brother made when he told me she hd just passed away at home. The cancer hd grown rapidly during that time off chemo and just took her.
I followed bowel babe when my sister in law was diagnosed as I thought it would help me have an understanding.
But I still can’t get my head around how bowel babe can hve cancer so bad but she’s still out partying and doing ads? I don’t begrudge her for it. I’m happy for her that she’s doing ok. I just can’t help but compare.
I didn’t intend for the long post but that’s the first time I’ve wrote it all down and it was therapeutic!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My brother is 16 years older than me so quite a big age gap. He got a girlfriend at 19-20. So I was only 4-5 years old. I looked up to her. As we got older the age gap seemed to shorten if that makes sense? We became absolute best friends. Closer than I am with my actual sister because she didn’t have the side that would tell me off. She was just my best friend. I’ve been through hard times and she would turn up at my house with bottles of wine to have a chat over. Weve had 5 children between us and it’s all been quite chaotic.
In 2019 she was diagnosed with bowel cancer after I pestered her to push her doctor to send her for further tests. It was a bad time for her but she was told it was treatable. She had chemo and it was clearing up. It had spread to her kidney so they operated on that over Christmas 2019. It was a success so we had a great Christmas. Then Covid hit. She was so so scared of getting poorly that we couldn’t see her in order to protect her. During this time, the hospital stopped her chemo because the risk of catching Covid was higher than the cancer. That was march 2020. Fast forward to June 2020, I was the first phone all my brother made when he told me she hd just passed away at home. The cancer hd grown rapidly during that time off chemo and just took her.
I followed bowel babe when my sister in law was diagnosed as I thought it would help me have an understanding.
But I still can’t get my head around how bowel babe can hve cancer so bad but she’s still out partying and doing ads? I don’t begrudge her for it. I’m happy for her that she’s doing ok. I just can’t help but compare.
I didn’t intend for the long post but that’s the first time I’ve wrote it all down and it was therapeutic!
I’m so sorry for your loss, and it’s good that you’ve written it all down, I think that can be quite helpful sometimes. I know of people who’s chemo was stopped during Covid, however bowelbabe has still been going in for treatments. I know she’s private so I get that it’s probably different, it just seems so unfair. I do hope she continues to be around for her children, and I have no bad feelings towards her, just that the gap between private and nhs is getting bigger all the time.

Reactions: 9
It is heartbreaking to hear that some people have had to stop treatment due to Covid and have had such awful results. So many diagnoses have been missed in this time. I don't think we will even know the extent of the damage caused until later.
There has always been a gap between the haves and the have nots but it is definitely getting wider.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a friend to bowel cancer in April 2020 and whilst I know her prognosis was v.bad anyway, I think those last few weeks of stopped treatment sped it all up.

The reason Deb carried on with her treatment was because she was a private patient. It was also how she managed to continue in Sept 2020 after spending the summer in France and the new travel rules came into place. She should have quarantined but got a free pass because she was a private patient. Money talks. Her wealth also means she has a lot of help at home, her children go to private school (boarding during the week?), she just doesn't live the life everyone else does.

I don't begrudge her it and she is honest about the private medical care she receives, I would do the same, but this is not a relatable cancer story for readers of The Sun.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
im Really happy that Deborah is well and still here, she has two children and nobody would wish her ill, it’s just the constant Ads, showing off, preening and pouting I can’t cope with, im Sure she said something about keeping her page positive and not showing the bad side of cancer and I was like wtf? Surely that’s what needs sharing as well! the whole ‘celebrity cancer patient’ is not sitting well with me.

Reactions: 8
I am so so sorry that you lost your SIL. I completely understand how you just cannot help but compare. It is so sad that because of comic so many have lost their lives due to treatment being stopped. Bowelbabe hasn’t had her treatment stopped as she pays for it. What I don’t understand is why paying makes it safer to treat cancer patients but nhs paused thousands of treatments. So unfair

Reactions: 10
Pretty sure Deborah is in the Strictly studio with Tom Fletchers wife.

Ultimately I feel really very sorry for Deborah (as I would with anyone in her shoes) cancer is bleeping tit and anyone with an incurable prognosis has to find their own way to manage. I’ve known people have absolute meltdowns and others who go into manic ‘everything is amazing’ mode. I (thank god) have not experienced cancer so don’t know how I would respond. I don’t really care about her wealth or humble bragging of it 🤷🏽‍♀️ At least she actually is minted rather than trying to paint a false image of wealth (ahem, meldrum, rebecca lamb etc). The issue I think is the ads.. why? Just why? Tbh I have this issue with most influencers so it isn’t unique to BB.

Reactions: 8
Ultimately I feel really very sorry for Deborah (as I would with anyone in her shoes) cancer is bleeping tit and anyone with an incurable prognosis has to find their own way to manage. I’ve known people have absolute meltdowns and others who go into manic ‘everything is amazing’ mode. I (thank god) have not experienced cancer so don’t know how I would respond. I don’t really care about her wealth or humble bragging of it 🤷🏽‍♀️ At least she actually is minted rather than trying to paint a false image of wealth (ahem, meldrum, rebecca lamb etc). The issue I think is the ads.. why? Just why? Tbh I have this issue with most influencers so it isn’t unique to BB.
Yes. What started off as a mission to bring awareness is now a self-indulgent platform in order to benefit herself both in ego and in finance while inadvertently making those in similar health situations feel even worse.

Reactions: 9
I’ve said it before but if I’d seen her in the chemo unit prancing around, shaking her bum into the camera and pouting like a teenager when I was having my treatment I’d have exploded. I can’t think of anything I’d like to have seen less quite frankly.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.