Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very much a pity party....she's just had a week in Dubai - these folk with cancer do seem to think the world revolves around them sometimes, which I find intensely irritating ....there are so many other dreadful life limiting diseases out there which , with equally awful treatments and don't get all the publicity cancer does
Totally agree! Bowelbabe and limitlessEm are to name a few that have documented (under the guise of raising awareness) their “cancer” journey but have gained financially from it. Pisses me off no end!

Reactions: 5
First time on this thread. Followed Bowlbabe for a while as I had cancer years ago so I was interested in her journey. Since Covid she's really started to annoy me. I think it was the fact that she's always flogging stuff, showing off her wealth (which I have absolutely no issue with) but sometimes it seems very crass. She also seems to have a very self centred attitude as well. She would say things like "Covid is still around so please be respectful for of the vulnerable like myself" and then swan off to Wimbledon, France and do loads of events!! The housekeeper thing really annoyed me as well. When she was doing one of her vain videos and the housekeeper was making the bed and she just carried on regardless. Almost as though the housekeeper wasn't even a person. Not nice behaviour. Anyway I still feel for her and what she's going through is horrendous but that doesn't excuse some of the behaviour in my opinion.

Reactions: 15
Why can't she just talk to the camera instead of dancing?. I said before I find she tries too hard to be provocative when dancing... all hands round her neck and face. Why can't she just mum dance?? 😀

I did think she looks quite poorly in her recent video I'm not sure her attitude of pushing through the discomfort does her favours? I'm sure a trip to Chanel when she's gets discharged will cheer her up

Reactions: 10
Why can't she just talk to the camera instead of dancing?. I said before I find she tries too hard to be provocative when dancing... all hands round her neck and face. Why can't she just mum dance?? 😀

I did think she looks quite poorly in her recent video I'm not sure her attitude of pushing through the discomfort does her favours? I'm sure a trip to Chanel when she's gets discharged will cheer her up
I agree. The dance looked like hard work for her (understandably). I also wondered if she was actually dressed under that robe. Her tummy looked very distended. She does look poorly which is sad for a young woman with a young family to have to go through. I just wish she would put the phone down but each to their own I guess! X

I agree. The dance looked like hard work for her (understandably). I also wondered if she was actually dressed under that robe. Her tummy looked very distended. She does look poorly which is sad for a young woman with a young family to have to go through. I just wish she would put the phone down but each to their own I guess! X
her stomach did look very distended....probably due to the colitis she's had , hope it's not more sinister and an indication of ascites

Reactions: 4
I’m always curious if any of these influencers have ever been smokers in the past? I mean that genuinely, not as a dig. I was a smoker myself. Most of them are huge social bees and social smoking is just so common.

Reactions: 3
her stomach did look very distended....probably due to the colitis she's had , hope it's not more sinister and an indication of ascites
Yes I though the same. And… if you’ve got liver mets that’s not good news. However she does seem like she is a miracle patient so …… 🤷‍♀️ But it is a bit alarming to me how she always brushes off a bit of “sepsis” which is so serious and especially to a cancer patient.

Reactions: 9
I’ve been following this thread for a while now but since the latest scans decided that I would create an account and chime in. My mum has ovarian cancer and I have lost a few friends and relatives to cancer. Perhaps naively I’ve not thought that much about the private health care thing before. As we all love the nhs, I presumed that my mum was getting the best possible care. I was totally blindsided that bowelbabe had her scans on one day and had her results about two days later. On the nhs (where my mum lives at least) it takes weeks. She has a scan and hopefully gets the results a month later. Due to covid this is currently more likely 6 weeks. That’s 6 weeks of being on treatment that isn’t working, 6 weeks of the disease progressing while you sit and do nothing. Whilst waiting for scan results is always awful, her talking about scanxiety when she has to wait 2 days is quite frankly insulting to those of us who have to wait weeks, all the time their disease potentially progressing. The time between scans and results are a time when our family sit and collectively chew our nails - I hadn’t realised that the more privileged don’t have to do this and can get onto new treatment quicker. Oh, and get back to posting their sweaty Betty discount codes and show-off tik-tok dances (that as many people have pointed out are especially inappropriate when she is attached to dangerous and/or expensive chemo drugs in a ward she is sharing with others - stop standing on the furniture and shaking your bu

Also - for someone who is so body positive you don’t have to go that far back through her insta to find obvious photoshopping.

Sorry for the rant. It’s been a long time coming. She is obviously pretty poorly right now and I don’t wish that on anyone. Cancer is cruel and soul destroying. But she is tone deaf. Her cancer experience is, I would wager, nothing like 99.9% of people out there, and to suggest that when you are in the depths of this disease you should be behaving like she does is unhelpful at best, and downright damaging at worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’ve been following this thread for a while now but since the latest scans decided that I would create an account and chime in. My mum has ovarian cancer and I have lost a few friends and relatives to cancer. Perhaps naively I’ve not thought that much about the private health care thing before. As we all love the nhs, I presumed that my mum was getting the best possible care. I was totally blindsided that bowelbabe had her scans on one day and had her results about two days later. On the nhs (where my mum lives at least) it takes weeks. She has a scan and hopefully gets the results a month later. Due to covid this is currently more likely 6 weeks. That’s 6 weeks of being on treatment that isn’t working, 6 weeks of the disease progressing while you sit and do nothing. Whilst waiting for scan results is always awful, her talking about scanxiety when she has to wait 2 days is quite frankly insulting to those of us who have to wait weeks, all the time their disease potentially progressing. The time between scans and results are a time when our family sit and collectively chew our nails - I hadn’t realised that the more privileged don’t have to do this and can get onto new treatment quicker. Oh, and get back to posting their sweaty Betty discount codes and show-off tik-tok dances (that as many people have pointed out are especially inappropriate when she is attached to dangerous and/or expensive chemo drugs in a ward she is sharing with others - stop standing on the furniture and shaking your bu

Also - for someone who is so body positive you don’t have to go that far back through her insta to find obvious photoshopping.

Sorry for the rant. It’s been a long time coming. She is obviously pretty poorly right now and I don’t wish that on anyone. Cancer is cruel and soul destroying. But she is tone deaf. Her cancer experience is, I would wager, nothing like 99.9% of people out there, and to suggest that when you are in the depths of this disease you should be behaving like she does is unhelpful at best, and downright damaging at worst.
Totally agree! Hope your mum is ok (I had ovarian cancer 4 years ago) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How frustrating and terrifying for your family.
so so sorry x
Obviously it’s not Bowel Babes fault there are NHS delays. But she should acknowledge that her experience isn’t the same for all.

I am genuinely sorry to hear about your Mum and hope she is doing ok. Like you I have watched this thread for my own reasons and only posting on this thread now. I think it depends where you live which should never be the case. My own bestie was diagnosed at stage 4 and did get the results 2-3 days after scans on the NHS and we always felt she got the best of treatment/care. But that was long before COVID so very different times.
My friend also lived her life to the fullest similar to Bowelbabe but the difference being she wasn't posting on social media and receiving gifts or doing ads. I completely understand where you are coming from and agree with everything you've said. Sending you love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have no doubt had it not been for her private health care she wouldn’t be where she is now. She’s in a very privileged position to afford it.

Reactions: 8
I have no doubt had it not been for her private health care she wouldn’t be where she is now. She’s in a very privileged position to afford it.
She is but I don’t think that’s her fault or problem. It’s the system, unfortunately rich people get treated better 🤷🏽‍♀️ way of the world. I do think she doesn’t need to make out it’s the average cancer journey though- it’s not!

Reactions: 7
She is but I don’t think that’s her fault or problem. It’s the system, unfortunately rich people get treated better 🤷🏽‍♀️ way of the world. I do think she doesn’t need to make out it’s the average cancer journey though- it’s not!
Absolutely and TBF in the past she has acknowledged it but I feel lately she doesn’t, she ( and this is only my take) never mentions it, talks a lot on shows regarding the NHS and whilst she does receive NHS treatment, it’s so important to clarify the difference when you are also receiving private. look in her position I would go private too, but if I was being very public about it I would be making sure people were aware of that. As much as the ADs/dancing/ pouting annoy me I hate seeing her poorly.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely and TBF in the past she has acknowledged it but I feel lately she doesn’t, she ( and this is only my take) never mentions it, talks a lot on shows regarding the NHS and whilst she does receive NHS treatment, it’s so important to clarify the difference when you are also receiving private. look in her position I would go private too, but if I was being very public about it I would be making sure people were aware of that. As much as the ADs/dancing/ pouting annoy me I hate seeing her poorly.
Yes you’re so right. She shouldn’t be anywhere near anything to do with the NHS. NHS patients should be on those TV shows. I’m actually pretty pissed off to realise quite the extent of her privilege.

Reactions: 6
Hey Guys! Don't forget to grab your glossy box advent calendar for just (JUST) £85.
As promoted by a poorly rich person's child!?! 🙈

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.