Deborah James - bowelbabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always think about the other patients who must be subject to her dancing and posing throughout her chemo sessions, if I was feeling awful side effects etc. having her dancing around would really get to me, and would be selfish.

I just don't think she is a very likeable person, and probably wasn't before her diagnosis either.

Reactions: 13
I work in events and that party must have cost THOUSANDS. They really are super super rich arent they?!

Reactions: 12
They are loaded. And just think she probably gets discounts on everything too!

Reactions: 7
And there it is. She’s just posted her partnership with Ralph Lauren. Wondered when that would surface. All her plugging Ralph Lauren in the summer!!! More just selling us stuff now. I’ve just unfollowed. I don’t need to be sold stuff when I’ve got cancer thank you very much. She literally has no shame.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
And she’s now in a bloody Ralph Lauren campaign. That faux humility is just too much.

Reactions: 7
Somewhere along the line bowelbabe has lost her cause. What exactly is she raising awareness of these days, lavish holidays, designer clothes. Celebrity birthday appearances ?? Cause its not the fear and uncertainty cancer brings. Course its horrible and she should raising people's spirits but she's no longer doing it on any relatable level.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Somewhere along the line bowelbabe has lost her cause. What exactly is she raising awareness of these days, lavish holidays, designer clothes. Celebrity birthday appearances ?? Cause its not the fear and uncertainty cancer brings. Course its horrible and she should raising people's spirits but she's no longer doing it on any relatable level.
Couldn’t agree more. The fact she is rich and privileged sours it even more for me. I watch countless people on insta go through awful cancer experiences with some not making it through which is heartbreaking but I kind of don’t believe a lot of what she says now as she seems to go from deaths door to advertising some pointless item within a week. My hubby would certainly be telling me to put my phone down if I was in her position.

Reactions: 13
The time she was really unwell with the liver issue I thought poor poor woman. Next thing I know she's at Wimbledon.

I didn't realise that she actually owns that villa they go to in the south of France. It must have cost millions.

Reactions: 3
On one hand I think she's done a great job to raise the issue of cancer patients waiting while Covid was prioritised and I also admire her 'seize the day' attitude which can, of course, apply to those who aren't undergoing treatment too. She does seem to crack on with things.

On the other hand, I think it's the selling that gets to me. She can't help her wealth but I think so many of us wouldn't be able to do what she does as we don't have the support structure to be able to. I would be too busy trying to sort out the house and kids and keep things on an even keel when she has staff and very capable parents helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s really anxious about the scan results. It must be awful for her going through this. Yes I know everyone in her situation does, and having money makes her life easier but it doesn’t take away the horrific situation she’s in. She is def ‘fortunate’ with having access to everything she’s has gifted etc but I wouldn’t swap places with her and I’m sure she’d give it all up in breath if she could.
Any one else feeling a shift in the 'mood' ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had no idea there was a thread about Deborah.

I first followed her a long time ago and she really taught me a lot about the reality of cancer treatment. Little did I know that my own mum would soon be diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer too. But the relentless ads and gratuitous displays of designer clothes and bags sticks in my craw. Not to mention the privileges of private cancer treatment that NHS patients could only dream of.

I wish her well, genuinely. I know her prognosis is really bad and she came close to the wire over the summer. But at some point, as a previous poster said, she lost her way. For a long time her account has seemingly been all about documenting her fabulous life and all the indulgent things she’s been doing while she still can. Which is a far cry from the person I started following three years ago.

• Heart
I’m so sorry to hear about your mum, truly I am. I haven’t followed her for a long time, unlike you, so you’ll see the difference in her content. I take that all onboard. I do think that sometimes she should be a little more aware of how the other’s in society are having to deal with what she thankfully doesn’t with her private treatment. I don’t begrudge her the life she has but I can see why her ‘lifestyle’ and choices might sometimes grate. Understandable x

I had no idea there was a thread about Deborah.

I first followed her a long time ago and she really taught me a lot about the reality of cancer treatment. Little did I know that my own mum would soon be diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer too. But the relentless ads and gratuitous displays of designer clothes and bags sticks in my craw. Not to mention the privileges of private cancer treatment that NHS patients could only dream of.

I wish her well, genuinely. I know her prognosis is really bad and she came close to the wire over the summer. But at some point, as a previous poster said, she lost her way. For a long time her account has seemingly been all about documenting her fabulous life and all the indulgent things she’s been doing while she still can. Which is a far cry from the person I started following three years ago.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.