Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She doesn't have to give it away for free. She could start a blog and put adverts on it if her content is valuable.

It seems more like she wants to be paid for random social media posts. All the cardashians tried the same, you had to subscribe to their app to see their twitter and insta like posts. It didn't last.

It's a fine balance to get right. 780 people signing up is a lot. But the vast majority won't, they can't give "a cup of coffee" in value every month to everyone they like following on social media. It's a bit lose lose for everyone involved.
Depends on what she posts on Patreon, she wasn’t exactly writing long essays and articles on Instagram and I seem to remember she was thinking of writing pieces/essays/columns there rather than just monetising her instagram?

Having ADs on your blog is similar to ads on Instagram though it can affect your freedom to post or write what you want. I respect her for that 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

Sooz

Chatty Member
I'm trying to imagine updating thousands of people via grid posts all evening long on whether I'm going to have diarrhoea or not......and I'm failing.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
Why pay when you can get it for freee?

Should both parents be drinking and smoking weed when they are responsible for minors? Serious question for any parents reading, not a preechy finger wag, i would have thought one needed to be sober just in case something happened. 😮

Bored, so looking for new fiction i was looking at her book reviews but i get the impression they are for teens. I think pateron seems beggy and leaves a bad taste in tje mouth when she and her family are more than comfortable. Chris has a lucrative career, (not HIS money but money for HIS FAMILY) and Dawn has had success on tv, and now has a book deal. That is what she should be living on, amd putting in the family financial pot. Pateron is for those struggling to get paid / get that book deal etc. Being greedy is unappealing, and quite possibly in the long term will do more harm than good.
Her book the cows is worth a read, think she did both teen and adult fiction books.
Re the weed and alcohol, I'm surprised she publicises that so much!

Whiterabbitsally

Yeah really sad about her dog.

In other news though she's still a rich bitch and probably loads richer than when she first came on the scene.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I'm confused. She can't get into Jersery to see her parents because of having to quarantine, because she had her vaccines in Amercia and they wont accept this.

She cant quarantine as one of the boys starts school beginning of September and they can't miss it.

Would you not make Jersey your first port of call, especially as she's desperate to see her elderly parents that hasn't seen for two years, which would have then allowed time for quarantine before school starts?

I'm guessing they are schooling in the UK, surely she is here then for at least a school year or is just school for a few months then will take him out to travel again?

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Yes when she first asked for opinions on Patreon the majority said they didn’t want it but she said she was doing it anyway!

Before Caroline Flack died she didn’t have many patrons but after Caroline died and she posted a few things about it she gained thousands more Instagram followers (she had lost a lot through the patreon thing) and so a lot of the new followers must have signed up to her patreon so now she’s making the money she wanted she’s not arsed about Instagram!

Well not until she needs to promote her next book 😉

roo689

VIP Member
Shame you’re not one of her showbiz friends as they all seem to get them gifted 😉

I see it’s her and Chris’ 10 year wedding anniversary. I remember when they got married but doesn’t seem as long ago as that. That’s when she adopted the cringeworthy ‘O’!
I think the kids go by O’Porter too!

DreamTeam84

Every time they go to see his mum, they leave the kids with her and go to a hotel on their own for a night or two.

I’d have thought Chris’s mum would want to spend all the time she has with Chris too as she only sees him once a year.

Do they not get on?

garfield123

The “I live here now” line about Mallorca is getting a bit dull, it wasn’t that funny to begin with

roarke

VIP Member
I think I remember her saying that someone had told her that she was providing too much content for free and should charge for it.
I can understand creatives starting out or who don’t have book deals having Patreon, but she has her own wealth plus combined with Chris’s too, it seems unethical almost!
Same argument was made with Amanda palmer. She’s married to Neil gaiman yet she uses Patreon. I fast went off her when she bullshitted her experiences living in New Zealand during the lockdown.

Yes I think it’s an act.

No I’m not subscribed. I was briefly tempted but ultimately couldn’t be arsed 😀

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I had the exact same thought. Why do it for free if you can charge?
I think she's said she's switching Instagram off to get more people to sign up for Patreon as she keeps advertising it but only has 772 patrons which is nothing when she has 398K Instagram followers!

What thing with Caroline flack and patreon?
Patreon is what some authors and writers use to charge you to read their works. So rather than post a free Instagram post, she will instead post it on Patreon and you pay a monthly fee (she says it's the price of a coffee - about £3) to be able to read her stories.

When Caroline Flack was first arrested for assault, Dawn defended her but it was pointed out to her that would she defend a male who had assaulted his girlfriend?

Sooz

Chatty Member
Yeah its kinda wierd that all she showed from Ireland is a packet of crisps. She generally only shows her own face anyway, lol.

I reckon she just doesn't have any time for it. Roscommon isn't exactly sexy and she seems to have little interest in anything that isn't "jizz worthy" 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
D

Deleted member 14542

Yes I was reading about it recently. Her first book is based on it or something - not Dawn being the bully natch, but the experiences of the person being bullied (at her hand)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sooz

Chatty Member
Lol they wouldn't have Irish accents, they do a flying visit once a year and that seems to be it.

Perhaps Chris visits more but Dawn seems to have very little interest in Ireland given that she literally never posts anything about it on the rare occasion she visits, compared to the way she posts about absolutely everything else!

moondreamer

I see she's locking herself out of IG again and trying to go full subscription only for her 'content', complete with clickbaity "I'll DM you hun" style sign off.
It's so cringe. Comparative to people who facebook post they're in hospital but will only tell you via DM because they want all the attention. And why would anyone pay for Roy from the IT Crowd wife's blog?

(I am aware she was famous in her own right before she married Chris, but the IT crowd is far superior to anything else they did.)