Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this. Obviously I have no idea of the content and how much she will talk about Caroline but I'm not sure if it is in poor taste idk. On one hand it seems odd to profit from it (though dawn does seem charitable so she would possibly be donating), on the other it might be a good way of raising awareness of what happened to Caroline, mental health and dealing with grief, and also celebrating Caroline and providing some balance after how the press treated her. What does everyone think ?
The thing that doesn't sit well with me is around the time of Caroline's death Dawn had started losing a lot of Instagram followers (probably due to her Patreon) but once she posted when Caroline died she gained loads of new followers and everytime she posts a photo of her she gains even more. Back when Caroline died she only had 200K plus follower..now she has around 440K! I think she must sense that anything to do with Caroline gives her a lot of engagement so I think she knows this new book will sell because of it. If she gives money to charity, fair enough but I don't thinks she will.

Reactions: 2

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
What do people think of her new clothing range with Joanie Clothing? Prices start from £65. No good for me as Joanie don’t do petite but I’ve noticed a lot of her ‘celeb’ friends have been gifted one!

She was also advertising the fact her new book coming out in Oct ‘Cat Lady’ is available to request on Netgalley, so I got it but as usual she’s just not very good at writing novels. She’s funny on insta but her novels lack her humour even though it’s billed as ‘very funny’ I actually found it depressing! No doubt it will be another No.1 bestseller thanks to the Publishers clever marketing strategy!

itsmelilly

I found it really distasteful the way she would post something regarding choose love and then immediately some sort of ad for her own brand, it was like the virtue signaling justified the endless ads.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I see she's locking herself out of IG again and trying to go full subscription only for her 'content', complete with clickbaity "I'll DM you hun" style sign off.
How boring! Plus she’ll explain more why she’s leaving on her subscription only blog! I’m not that interested hun!

She’ll be back once she’s got her next book to promote and asking for pre-orders 🙄

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Her new collection with Joanie looks SO much better than the dresses. If I wasn't so skint right now, I'd be tempted
Shame you’re not one of her showbiz friends as they all seem to get them gifted 😉

I see it’s her and Chris’ 10 year wedding anniversary. I remember when they got married but doesn’t seem as long ago as that. That’s when she adopted the cringeworthy ‘O’!

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I used to love Dawn’s Instagram stories and love her books but lately have just found her a bit meh 🤷‍♀️

Maybe it’s me. Still following her for now.

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Bloody hell I couldn't cope with all the pinging back and forth they do. Their kids must have some funky accents.

I mean obviously I could if I had their megabucks 😂

Reactions: 1

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I notice some of the ARC reviews for Dawn's new book mention how they didn't like her references to getting through lockdown by drinking alcohol and smoking weed!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I see she’s popped back up on Insta asking her team to post about her Joanie clothing range. Pathetic. Why doesn’t she just delete her account?

Yes I came to moan too! She’s had so many comments from people complaining and politely suggesting she take down the post so she doesn’t spoil it for others and she still hasn’t. Strikes me that she’s not taking it down deliberately to make some sort of point, so petulant and petty!

DreamTeam84

She hasn’t posted the kittens in a while. I wonder if they left them in LA? Potato is in Canada but I haven’t seen the kittens in her stories at all.
Yes. The kittens stayed in LA. Her friend is house sitting with them.

After Canada they are heading back to London for 6 months so I guess they won’t see the kittens until they get back to LA.

roarke

VIP Member
Did you read Dawn's book where she covered lockdown? Absolutely unrelatable. To sum it up, her and Chris were either drunk or stoned
I’ve not read any of her books. I have them all apart from the new one but I have absolutely no inclination to open them. I used to follow her on Instagram and she were constantly hammered during lockdown. It was quite amusing.

Stillwater

VIP Member
I thought beg but she said she already had a booking and it fell through. And did seem genuinely panicked.

I think I like her, but she is A Lot and she’s very enamoured of herself - but why shouldn’t she be I guess? What a great life.

Last edited:

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Have they moved back to London permanently now? I know she's come back for a few months at a time before, but I saw she'd brought her cats with her this time

I don't mind Dawn, but go though periods of avoiding her instagram because of the constant complaining about tiny things
Chris is in a play in London. They move about for his work as she’s now a writer so can work anywhere! But I’ve never known them bring the pets before, so they must be back for a long period?

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy her stories (looking for her stolen phone was classic) such a shame she doesn't really do any these days. Money talks I suppose...until there's something to promote.... I agree @Suzesnooze
I remember that story! I used to love her stories, she used to cheer me up and I would be laughing out loud. Also loved it when her and Chris would do one of their drunk singalongs (also Chris is pissing me off on Twitter lately!).