Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I assume that she is getting criticised for posting about Palestine and the Choose Love charity. She has turned all of the comments off.
She barely posts these days anyway and I’m not sure what she is charging people for anyway.

Oh is that what that’s about.

I do recall her getting a freebie mattress and then shilling it (advertising - before the standards came in perhaps) which I thought was quite lame. But then I assumed she’d dipped the toe (see Esther Coren’s piece) and decided it wasn’t for her.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I don't know how they keep moving all those pets ? She tagged the company that moves them. Is she in UK now ? The Joanie adverts are excessive on my Instagram. Turned me off her a bit
Yes they’ve moved back here but don’t know why.

She’s still an annoying cow!

That’s what I meant the patreon pays for the articles she now writes for her patreon subscribers, who have chosen to subscribe.

I love her (not at all fussed about her books)but I do think she went a bit overboard in lockdown about having the children all the time. They have sun sun sun in LA and a garden with a pool so yeah, shoosh.

DreamTeam84

There was a script she was writing that wasn’t coming together so she walked away and handed the money back when they were in Canada. Was it that one?

Stillwater

VIP Member
Nah. She ended up on a train. That’s a ball ache gamble. With 2 little children!

I meant acknowledging her privilege really - we seem to expect that now I think. Maybe she just thinks she earnt it and all the moaning is entertaining because she is so quirky and funny.

Last edited:

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Depends on what she posts on Patreon, she wasn’t exactly writing long essays and articles on Instagram and I seem to remember she was thinking of writing pieces/essays/columns there rather than just monetising her instagram?

Having ADs on your blog is similar to ads on Instagram though it can affect your freedom to post or write what you want. I respect her for that 🤷‍♀️
She posts extracts of what she’s putting on her patreon on Instagram and so far none of it has made me want to sign up and a lot of it looks recycled from when she used to write a magazine column.

I think she would have done AD’s on Instagram but looks like she was never offered many.

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
She posted yesterday about how her work dried up in the last decade but I imagine she was still wealthy as she owned a place in LA and in London!

What a decade! This photo pretty much sums it up for me. I met my husband on my 30th birthday 11 years ago this month. He moved in, we got a dog, we got married, we made babies. I became an adult. I loved getting married and I loved having babies. I gave birth to one of them on my bed with my husband and one of my best friends by my side. You can’t beat that. I got three amazing men in my life. One big one, two small ones. Team O’. The greatest of gangs. Work was a wild ride this decade. After achieving great success in my 20s, my early 30s were a slam dunk down to earth as the TV industry made me realise how disposable we all are in that world. I was a mess, to be honest. Felt like a total loser and failure. I got really down about it. Down O’Porter. Then I got a call from a lovely lady called, Emily. It went something like this ‘I love your column’ (I’d actually just lost my column and was in a literal heap on the floor as the call came in). ‘I think you’d write great fiction for young adults, would you consider it?’ A month later I had a two book deal. I got to writing Paper Aeroplanes straight away. The book that changed my life. I poured my soul into it. I found a small but interested group of readers who lifted me onto the next. Four fictional novels later and I end this decade knowing exactly who I am professionally, in control of my own existence and so clear on what work I want to create and how to make that happen. Life isn’t always easy. Most struggles are private, but of course they are there. As they are for everyone. But despite the rocky start to this decade, you can only be happy when it ends in such a good place. I feel very lucky. I’m heading into my 40’s and the ‘20s confidently and with the hope that this good moment lasts for at least a big chunk of it.

When she moved into their new house in London last year, she was posting for recommendations continually and it was obvious she was hinting for freebies! I've gone off her a bit since the Caroline Flack thing and the patreon!

What thing with Caroline flack and patreon?

Stringyone

I won’t be paying. I very much doubt she got the deal due to being married to a movie star. She doesn’t use his name and a lot of people know her from other things.
She currently only has one book released and it’s quite well written, I’ll be interested to read her new book. I found Giovanna Fletchers books to be hard to read as they really are not my thing, but fair play for putting something of your own out there.

She has at least 4 books out, two teen books, The Cows and her new one.
I have really enjoyed her two adult books but won’t be paying either.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Lol they wouldn't have Irish accents, they do a flying visit once a year and that seems to be it.

Perhaps Chris visits more but Dawn seems to have very little interest in Ireland given that she literally never posts anything about it on the rare occasion she visits, compared to the way she posts about absolutely everything else!
She certainly loves to post about Geurnsey!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I assume that she is getting criticised for posting about Palestine and the Choose Love charity. She has turned all of the comments off.
She barely posts these days anyway and I’m not sure what she is charging people for anyway.
She mentioned about when she left Twitter. I remember she defended Caroline Flack and she left soon after as she probably got a lot of abuse.

She hates any form of criticism.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I have liked The Cows and So Lucky, I would say they’re good holiday reads. I do feel she tries a bit too hard to be ‘shocking’, particularly in The Cows.
I don’t follow her on insta now as she just seems to moan.