Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
That’s what I meant the patreon pays for the articles she now writes for her patreon subscribers, who have chosen to subscribe.

I love her (not at all fussed about her books)but I do think she went a bit overboard in lockdown about having the children all the time. They have sun sun sun in LA and a garden with a pool so yeah, shoosh.
Are you subscribed? I don't fancy her articles but would like to listen to her podcast but only because Chris seems to always be on it and I like him!

I was a SAHM for years, so it hasn't bothered me having my kids off in lockdown but a lot of my friends who normally work full time or use childcare have found it harder. I think Dawn has to write a stage musical (about the spice girls?) and probably another book so I imagine it's hard to write when your young kids are making loads of noise but I also think she uses them for content! I bet they didn't get on her nerves as much as she implied, it's a bit of an 'act'.

Yel

Chatty Member
Chris O'Dowd on chatty man popped up on my YouTube recommendation, he says that they didn't sell the wedding photos as " why bother, we're so rich". Just made me think of dawn and her patron.

Gottago

Yes I was reading about it recently. Her first book is based on it or something - not Dawn being the bully natch, but the experiences of the person being bullied (at her hand).
Oh no, just read the amazon review :cry: did dawn ever acknowledge this?

Cantstandspanj

Chatty Member
I note she made a preemptive statement about not being available for Caroline's documentary somewhere.... could have been stories (hasn't everyone been pretty much available at home for the last 12 months???) My gut feeling which doesn't sit well, is that perhaps the friendship was hyped up to be a bit more than it actually was.
I noticed Dawns name in the credits of the documentary. I’m not sure what for but she was definitely mentioned.

Ha she explicitly said when she started up the Patreon she’d still be on Instagram posting and storying.

I wonder if this will go the way of the retro/vintage online clothing store when she effectively said it was closing because she couldn’t be arsed with meetings and accounts and stuff.

I really like her but she does seem to be quite sort of in the moment/going for it. Fair play to her I suppose.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Exactly what she did when she was living in London for 6 months! I’m sure she won’t accept a gifted one though and will pay for it with the money she’s making from Patreon 😜
I would say she could easily afford a mattress! As much as I like her books I’m going off her on insta. Haven’t unfollowed yet but might need to soon :(

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I think I remember her saying that someone had told her that she was providing too much content for free and should charge for it.
I can understand creatives starting out or who don’t have book deals having Patreon, but she has her own wealth plus combined with Chris’s too, it seems unethical almost!
She also said something about losing her job writing for a magazine (can’t remember the name)?

I remember her doing a poll on whether her followers would be willing to pay her patreon and the majority said no but she said she was still going to do it anyway!

Yes she did, but before she died she unfollowed Dawn - if you go on her Instagram now you can see it doesn’t follow her
I note she made a preemptive statement about not being available for Caroline's documentary somewhere.... could have been stories (hasn't everyone been pretty much available at home for the last 12 months???) My gut feeling which doesn't sit well, is that perhaps the friendship was hyped up to be a bit more than it actually was.

Last edited:

Mamchat

I don't know how they keep moving all those pets ? She tagged the company that moves them. Is she in UK now ? The Joanie adverts are excessive on my Instagram. Turned me off her a bit