Davinia Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Fail were notorious for getting material from Mumsnet at one point. It's nothing new.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I was confused about that- the interior photos look quite dated too. But the bit by the pool is really different now!
The Tim bio hacking dude is staying there at the moment. He did a stories last night from right in front of the pool. I messaged to say are you at davinias? He didn't reply? He obviously is!

Reactions: 4
I watched some of his stories on insta. Now Iā€™ve never heard of him or see him insta at all but I couldnā€™t Help but think itā€™s something dodgy what he promotes.

Reactions: 3
Completely agree re the promotion of supplements & people buying them. Sheā€™s not qualified in anything other than being able to read a few nutrition books. After telling everyone they needed DIM, it was interesting to read how many people then commented they were feeling worse! I also love how she tells everyone to take lemon balm & 5htp šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Knowing that a large number of her female followers will be on medications that are contraindicated with these two is a huge no-no...but then sheā€™s not qualified šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø I just canā€™t get my head around people taking her word as gospel. Her heiress life is so far removed from many of her followers itā€™s madness they think they can ā€˜hackā€™ their way out of their real lives!
Alot of what she tells her followers to do is highly dangerous. Just because she does it and gets away with it doesn't mean she should be flogging it as healthy and safe to do. The activated charcoal tablets she tells everyone to gulp down after eating badly is dangerous, they literally pull everything out of your gut, it's what they use on overdose patients, it's OK if you have a stomach bug but not routinely after a bloody curry!! And the MCT oil, if you take it in the quantities age does ypu almost certainly will end up either throwing up or shitting through the eye of a needle. Even pippa Campbell in their lives tries to steer people away from doing it but she's not firm enough and should be warning people off doing it.

She hardly eats actual food! & yes her supplements are massively (undeclared) gifts! Same with the food & drink companies she advocates. I reported her & Pippa Campbell recently for non-disclosure because every time someone uses her code at Nutri Link she gets a practitioner commission but sheā€™s never disclosed it, same with the DNA tests! Itā€™s infuriating.
You're absolutely right about this. My friend has on several occasions asked pippa for recommendations for various supplements and everytime she says DM me and I'll send a link! It's always nutri link and she always says you must put me down as your practitioner. We had no idea it was cos she was earning from it ffs! Anyway my friend just looked at the ingredients list on thr nutrilink products and bought the same elsewhere and massively cheaper!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The DM have run the story of her selling the villa. Me thinks they read here šŸ˜Š
Gosh its such a gorgeous villa. I know she was given it by her mum and said she wouldn't sell. Hope she is OK about parting with it, not that I thinknyou ever would it is beautiful!

Reactions: 1
Alot of what she tells her followers to do is highly dangerous. Just because she does it and gets away with it doesn't mean she should be flogging it as healthy and safe to do. The activated charcoal tablets she tells everyone to gulp down after eating badly is dangerous, they literally pull everything out of your gut, it's what they use on overdose patients, it's OK if you have a stomach bug but not routinely after a bloody curry!! And the MCT oil, if you take it in the quantities age does ypu almost certainly will end up either throwing up or shitting through the eye of a needle. Even pippa Campbell in their lives tries to steer people away from doing it but she's not firm enough and should be warning people off doing it.

You're absolutely right about this. My friend has on several occasions asked pippa for recommendations for various supplements and everytime she says DM me and I'll send a link! It's always nutri link and she always says you must put me down as your practitioner. We had no idea it was cos she was earning from it ffs! Anyway my friend just looked at the ingredients list on thr nutrilink products and bought the same elsewhere and massively cheaper!!
She doesnā€™t seem credible, to me, offering supplement advice to people she doesnā€™t know their medical history. Also sure her insurance doesnā€™t allow it which is why almost all practitioners Iā€™ve seen on SM say ā€œdonā€™t ask for recommendations because I donā€™t know you!ā€ Davinia just comes across as someone who has a little selective knowledge but no actual understanding, hence the ā€œI just neck 18 even tho it says take 1ā€ comments šŸ™„ Good luck to anyone following her advice, especially when itā€™s so erratic! One day itā€™s take this, the next day itā€™s take that, which is all very well if youā€™re an heiress or getting products for free but for the average person wasting Ā£45 here & there on multiple supplements itā€™s a bit šŸ¤Ø

Reactions: 6
The Tim bio hacking dude is staying there at the moment. He did a stories last night from right in front of the pool. I messaged to say are you at davinias? He didn't reply? He obviously is!
Yes he is. He thanked her and mentioned he was considering it as a venue for a wellness retreat.

I started following Pippa after seeing a few of their Insta lives but had to unfollow. Some of her behaviours seem borderline obsessive / orthorexic (look that one up!) - particularly when she was explaining everything she takes on holiday, plus all of the supplements she takes before she catches a flight or goes out for a ā€˜glass of fizzā€™. Iā€™m sure her advice is good for anyone really needing to lose weight or to fix a specific problem but if someone is prone to obsessive behaviour then it could go the wrong way........Iā€™m not sure she actually eats enough!

Reactions: 6
I started following Pippa after seeing a few of their Insta lives but had to unfollow. Some of her behaviours seem borderline obsessive / orthorexic (look that one up!) - particularly when she was explaining everything she takes on holiday, plus all of the supplements she takes before she catches a flight or goes out for a ā€˜glass of fizzā€™. Iā€™m sure her advice is good for anyone really needing to lose weight or to fix a specific problem but if someone is prone to obsessive behaviour then it could go the wrong way........Iā€™m not sure she actually eats enough!
I agree. Life's about balance and she does sometimes touch on it but shes painfully thin herself, she actually doesn't look healthy.

The problem I have with davinia is she's swapped one addiction for another. She's obsessive about biohacking and necking supplements. She claims to not want to overload the liver so doesn't wear perfumed products on her skin and is restrictive with her diet in order to save her liver. Here's the thing. All those supplements, all that coffee and mct oil all goes through her liver. What's the difference?

I remember a while back there was a programme about a seemingly super healthy young woman, worked out, ran, healthy diet. One day she was found dead. On investigation she was found to have a cupboard full to the brim of supplements. She was known for her love of biohacking. Her autopsy showed her liver was fucked and had given up and it had killed her due to excessive amounts of supplements. I've never forgotten it. It's a cautionary tale. Be careful of supplements.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Iā€™ve been taking charcoal supplements because theyā€™ve really helped with my ibs, bit worried now

She openly admits to hating most fruit and vegetables. Her diet seems to consist of an organic steak with ā€˜hunterGathererā€™ dressing. Anytime anyone asks to see what she eats, this is all she suggests. She has demonised any kind of ā€˜treatā€™ food for her children which Iā€™m sure long term will have a negative impact on their relationship with food. She clearly has an addictive personality which has moved from booze and drugs to fitness and biohacking. She looks amazing and is clearly happy and good for her for turning her life around after being so publicly humiliated for losing custody of her son because of her alcohol and drug abuse. However her lifestyle and diet still show someone with obsessive and addictive tendencies.

Reactions: 13
Iā€™ve been taking charcoal supplements because theyā€™ve really helped with my ibs, bit worried now
Occasional use only. Charcoal tablets draw everything, good and bad, out of the gut. While taking them you won't absorb any vitamins or minerals from your food. Eventually with consistent use you will become deficient.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.