Davinia Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoy Davinias instagram. She seems honest and down to earth. I'm interested to learn about biohacking too.

Reactions: 11
Oh my, I'm quite a newbie to it so idk if I'm qualified to give out advice...

For me, I wanted a way of eating that meant an end to yo-yo dieting that works short term only, being constantly in need of sugar and reducing joint paint (I suspect this was due to my sugar intake)

What's worked for me so far:

* Eating mostly whole foods, nothing processed or made in a factory.
*Cutting out as much sugar as possible. I was eating 2 to 3 small chocolate bars a day, now I have a generous square of decent dark chocolate.
*swapping wine and beer for vodka, soda and fresh lime or gin and slimline tonic.

I am honestly not hungry in between meals now, not suffering sugar spikes and dips etc. My knee pain has cleared up. I'm probably doing it wrong in the eyes of some clean esters since I still eat a small amount if white rice and pasta, but I ensure that the amount is vastly out weighed by protein and veg!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh my, I'm quite a newbie to it so idk if I'm qualified to give out advice...

For me, I wanted a way of eating that meant an end to yo-yo dieting that works short term only, being constantly in need of sugar and reducing joint paint (I suspect this was due to my sugar intake)

What's worked for me so far:

* Eating mostly whole foods, nothing processed or made in a factory.
*Cutting out as much sugar as possible. I was eating 2 to 3 small chocolate bars a day, now I have a generous square of decent dark chocolate.
*swapping wine and beer for vodka, soda and fresh lime or gin and slimline tonic.

I am honestly not hungry in between meals now, not suffering sugar spikes and dips etc. My knee pain has cleared up. I'm probably doing it wrong in the eyes of some clean esters since I still eat a small amount if white rice and pasta, but I ensure that the amount is vastly out weighed by protein and veg!
Thankyou for this. I’m really admire Davina and would love to get into clean eating but I dont know where to start! So at a risk of sounding thick...when you say “whole foods” you mean nothing processed or from a packet? So just plenty of meat and veg for example?

Reactions: 4
Thank you @Corbyn'sCat ! Sounds like how I eat normally (when not PMSing). Do you go in for all the supplements and powders etc ? She seems to spend an absolute fortune on all the extras, which I feel somewhat dubious about.

I have to say I don't love the term she uses "clean eating". No food is "dirty", it's about moderation isn't it?

Reactions: 8
Thankyou for this. I’m really admire Davina and would love to get into clean eating but I dont know where to start! So at a risk of sounding thick...when you say “whole foods” you mean nothing processed or from a packet? So just plenty of meat and veg for example?
Exactly that! It's easy really. So no ready meals, no plastic cheese slices on your burger, no crisps (I do have a pack of Kettle chips on a weekend though as they are literally just potatoes and salt!)

Look at labels. Anything that has chemicals, preservatives, anything with numbers is to be avoided. You can eat tinned beans tomatoes, fish, but you want to avoid tinned soups and that. You want to see as few ingredients as possible on your labels. Eat good fats, fats are not the enemy. Avocado, nuts, oily fish etc are all good.

Oh and I don't calorie count! It's the route to madness for me, though it works for some. I don't think I'm eating over around 1600 calories a day as I'm filling up on low fat foods in the most part.

Davinia eats more of a paleo diet but I know I wouldn't be able to stick to this as I've failed in the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I take supplements anyway but not to the extent that DT does! I just take what I believe I'm lacking and for me that's vitamin D, zinc and I take oregano oil capsules for immunity.

The clean label just means unprocessed really, or as little processing as possible.

Also, you can eat bread! Just make sure it's sourdough! It's brilliant for gut health bc of the fermentation process.

Reactions: 7
I suspect DT doesn’t pay a fortune for her supplements. I suspect a load of them are kindly gifted and undeclared. If her diet is that wholesome and ‘healthy’ (fresh, unprocessed foods from all food groups, in large enough quantities to sustain her needs) then she shouldn’t need supplements. Most of us don’t, expect perhaps vitD.

• Wow
I am pretty cynical but I hadn't considered that @GossipMongoose . Do you think it's all a load of covert undisclosed ads then?
It absolutely wouldn’t surprise me. All of the supplement or additive (weird paleo powders) ’recommendation’ posts look exactly like ads to me and insta is a hotbed for snake oil supplement & weight loss potion spammers.

It absolutely wouldn’t surprise me. All of the supplement or additive (weird paleo powders) ’recommendation’ posts look exactly like ads to me and insta is a hotbed for snake oil supplement & weight loss potion spammers.
Right, some (many) of DTs recommendations and claims do have a whiff of snake oil about them at times.

I suspect DT doesn’t pay a fortune for her supplements. I suspect a load of them are kindly gifted and undeclared. If her diet is that wholesome and ‘healthy’ (fresh, unprocessed foods from all food groups, in large enough quantities to sustain her needs) then she shouldn’t need supplements. Most of us don’t, expect perhaps vitD.
She hardly eats actual food! & yes her supplements are massively (undeclared) gifts! Same with the food & drink companies she advocates. I reported her & Pippa Campbell recently for non-disclosure because every time someone uses her code at Nutri Link she gets a practitioner commission but she’s never disclosed it, same with the DNA tests! It’s infuriating.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She hardly eats actual food! & yes her supplements are massively (undeclared) gifts! Same with the food & drink companies she advocates. I reported her & Pippa Campbell recently for non-disclosure because every time someone uses her code at Nutri Link she gets a practitioner commission but she’s never disclosed it, same with the DNA tests! It’s infuriating.
This is exactly what put me off Davinia. They are so obvious ads and she never ever labels them. Makes it look like she is doing us a favour by letting us know her 'secrets'.
Meg Mathews does it too with the Kumbucha drink. And don't get me started on that ketone shite Davinia is now peddling. Not paid for my arse. "Oh I managed to get 'us' a little discount, just swipe up"
I really feel for it to begin with and thought I must rush out and get all these supplements. And yeah we would all love to have organic meat too but our dad isn't a millionaire

• Wow
She mustn’t be seeing much of that £150m loo roll moolah if she’s lowering herself to influencing on insta and selling stories to the Daily Mail.

• Haha
Oh god, these threads always start so well with everyone loving her and then after 2 or 3 pages the disillusionment sets in. Not another Instagram flogger

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh god, these threads always start so well with everyone loving her and then after 2 or 3 pages the disillusionment sets in. Not another Instagram flogger
Yes, I know what you mean 😂
I do really admire her for turning her life around. It took me a while to realise what she was doing. Fell for the Mrs Hinch thing to begin with. But at least Hinch does label her posts. The penny dropped when she did that Ketone chat with D Lloyd. It's a bit like Gemma Collins pushing the skinny jab. Total nonsense.
Don't get me wrong a lot of what Davinia talks about is sound advice, but it's all the products she pushes.
I don't think she is hard up for money, don't forget her mum passed away and left everything to Davinia. She is probably like a lot of these rich people who want more and more, she also likes the fame that comes with it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.