Davinia Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have spoken about Davinia on the PH thread. I have pros and cons to her Instagram.

Pros-
she clearly looks good and as others have said here, much better than the group that have carried on drinking etc. and her lifestyle is clearly working for her.

She’s so likeable and down to earth and that obviously leads to her being a great influencer.

She does do chats with Interesting people (maybe not pippa but others).

Cons-

The undisclosed ads is the main one, the one that tipped me over to unfollowing was the ‘link for ease’ comment that was clearly an affiliate link to ketones. Really pissed me off.

The face gym post also made me raise an eyebrow, I don’t believe that after photo wasn’t edited in some way.

I feel a bit bad saying this as her kids her business, but I felt weird when she gave her kids activated charcoal lemonade to clear out the toxins of junk food, it didn’t feel like a healthy approach to moderation.

Also when she gave her kids a bottled protein shake (with veg oils and sweeteners) when they wanted an ice cream- it felt so ‘off brand’ I wondered if it was an ad!

Lastly, and this one isn’t all her fault really but I worry about the dangers of this kind of influencing. That Tim bio hacking dude did a q&a and many of the questions were ‘what do i do with x supplement’ and he’s reply saying ‘well why did you buy it’ and then the reply was ‘well davinia had it’. These sheep don’t even know why they are buying what they are and this isn’t a lipstick or face cream, these are health supplements and super expensive ones at that.

Like I said, last not entirely her fault but still makes me feel a bit weird about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have spoken about Davinia on the PH thread. I have pros and cons to her Instagram.

Pros-
she clearly looks good and as others have said here, much better than the group that have carried on drinking etc. and her lifestyle is clearly working for her.

She’s so likeable and down to earth and that obviously leads to her being a great influencer.

Cons-

The undisclosed ads is the main one, the one that tipped me over to unfollowing was the ‘link for ease’ comment that was clearly an affiliate link to ketones. Really pissed me off.

The face gym post also made me raise an eyebrow, I don’t believe that after photo wasn’t edited in some way.

I feel a bit bad saying this as her kids her business, but I felt weird when she gave her kids activated charcoal lemonade to clear out the toxins of junk food, it didn’t feel like a healthy approach to moderation.

Also when she gave her kids a bottled protein shake (with veg oils and sweeteners) when they wanted an ice cream- it felt so ‘off brand’ I wondered if it was an ad!

Lastly, and this one isn’t all her fault really but I worry about the dangers of this kind of influencing. That Tim bio hacking dude did a q&a and many of the questions were ‘what do i do with x supplement’ and he’s reply saying ‘well why did you buy it’ and then the reply was ‘well davinia had it’. These sheep don’t even know why they are buying what they are and this isn’t a lipstick or face cream, these are health supplements and super expensive ones at that.

Like I said, last not entirely her fault but still makes me feel a bit weird about it all.
I think this just about sums it up for me too, @Fenella

Reactions: 3
It's almost encouraging an eating disorder, if they know certain foods need getting out. I did a diet once, and I became obsessed with what I couldn't eat, may friends stopped inviting me out as I was so fussy. Its seems very suffocating for the kids to always be thinking about it.

Reactions: 7

Pros-

Cons-

Completely agree re the promotion of supplements & people buying them. She’s not qualified in anything other than being able to read a few nutrition books. After telling everyone they needed DIM, it was interesting to read how many people then commented they were feeling worse! I also love how she tells everyone to take lemon balm & 5htp 🤦🏻‍♀️ Knowing that a large number of her female followers will be on medications that are contraindicated with these two is a huge no-no...but then she’s not qualified 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just can’t get my head around people taking her word as gospel. Her heiress life is so far removed from many of her followers it’s madness they think they can ‘hack’ their way out of their real lives!

Reactions: 6
It's almost encouraging an eating disorder, if they know certain foods need getting out. I did a diet once, and I became obsessed with what I couldn't eat, may friends stopped inviting me out as I was so fussy. Its seems very suffocating for the kids to always be thinking about it.
My thoughts exactly regarding the kids. Is it really heathly to be restricting their diets like that? I understand wanting them to eat healthy and nutritional food, but this to me seems a step too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Completely agree re the promotion of supplements & people buying them. She’s not qualified in anything other than being able to read a few nutrition books. After telling everyone they needed DIM, it was interesting to read how many people then commented they were feeling worse! I also love how she tells everyone to take lemon balm & 5htp 🤦🏻‍♀️ Knowing that a large number of her female followers will be on medications that are contraindicated with these two is a huge no-no...but then she’s not qualified 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just can’t get my head around people taking her word as gospel. Her heiress life is so far removed from many of her followers it’s madness they think they can ‘hack’ their way out of their real lives!
I recall someone on here saying that they knew someone that took 5HTP and that they ended up with muscle wastage.

She also suggests brushing your teeth with baking soda for whiteness, but if that isn’t done properly it will ruin teeth. If a follower doesn’t look into it and does that frequently, they will end up with no enamel left!

She went out with Danny Dyer?

I think this year she has really upped her supplements and flogging abilities! Maybe in line with stress of redesigning the villa and covid etc. Think she may have an addictive personality and replaced booze and drugs with health and exercise. Not a bad swap dont get me wrong but she always seems to be taking this and then next week another protocol and they seem to eat load of meat. Sometimes the kids just seem to have meat on their plate and nowt else.

I've slowly switched off from her this year especially when she linked with Danielle Lloyd, lost a lot of credibility then. But before I thought she spoke sense and actually made me think about a few health changes myself.

The thing i did try of hers was the Aloe Vera and some bio culture first thing in the morn to reduce bloating.

Did feel and see a real difference. Worked for me, though may not for everyone.

Pros-

Cons-

was the Q&A with tim biohacker on his page on insta? I'd love to listen to that ... thanks

I think this year she has really upped her supplements and flogging abilities! Maybe in line with stress of redesigning the villa and covid etc. Think she may have an addictive personality and replaced booze and drugs with health and exercise. Not a bad swap dont get me wrong but she always seems to be taking this and then next week another protocol and they seem to eat load of meat. Sometimes the kids just seem to have meat on their plate and nowt else.

I've slowly switched off from her this year especially when she linked with Danielle Lloyd, lost a lot of credibility then. But before I thought she spoke sense and actually made me think about a few health changes myself.

The thing i did try of hers was the Aloe Vera and some bio culture first thing in the morn to reduce bloating.

couldn't agree more about the Daniella Lloyd conversation- she didn't have a clue about what ketones were and how they worked or how they apparently helped her mum I was really shocked at that conversation and it put me off!

So I see Davinia is hosting a bio hacking live on Instgram at 6.30pm, now. Surprise surprise on of the panelists is Tim Gray, the bio hacker she raves about. Good to see they are all socially distanced in the photo on her insta grid!!!!

Reactions: 1

I also followed this and it has worked wonders for me. Aloe Vera and Molkosan. I highly recommend it

Had to unfollow a while ago. Loved her at first, then just a load of expensive crap in undeclared ads.

I do really like her and she is very down to earth and replies to questions (although she did completely miss the point of what I asked her!),but her life is just one extreme to the other! How can she tell what is working for her,she takes that many supplements and tries that many hacks,how can she attribute anything to any one product? Her looking and feeling good might be down to no alcohol,good diet and exercise alone,which is very achievable for most people to be honest (if we so wished...) The rest off it is probably all bullshit and she knows it,but needs the distraction or she will most likely be gagging for a glass of wine....!

Last edited:
I was just reading PH thread where someone mentioned her Spanish villa is for sale. Had a little look at it certainly is for a cool €17mm 😲😲

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Have you got the link to it? I wondered why she was selling it as her mum left it her so she always said she would do anything to keep hold of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.