Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Uppompey

Chatty Member
I think Davinia deserves huge credit for getting and staying sober. If you follow her on IG you will see she is very into "biohacking" and health, quite intensive eating plans/supplements - but she exudes happiness and has clearly turned her life around.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Corbyn'sCat

Chatty Member
I think Davinia deserves huge credit for getting and staying sober. If you follow her on IG you will see she is very into "biohacking" and health, quite intensive eating plans/supplements - but she exudes happiness and has clearly turned her life around.
I think she's amazing. She inspired me to overhaul my diet and I'm now a clean eating convert.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Libbub

VIP Member
This instantly made me think of this thread 😂
This is 100% accurate lol. If davinia got up before her kids, went for her run, got home got the kids up and got them school ready then went and did an 8 hour day, then came home, cooked them a dinner, got them all to various clubs drop off and pick up, walked the dogs, did the food shopping, did the washing, did the housework, finally sat down about 9pm or later she wouldn't have the time or the inclination to minute manage every morsel that passes her lips!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Showmethemoonie

Chatty Member
Does anyone know who this mornings post was aimed at? The one where she tells them to p@ss off at the end?
I thought it was fair enough to be honest 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you read the caption on the post on her timeline she makes a point about the methods she uses having kept her sober for 13 years. I know people say she’s replaced one addiction with another, which I don’t personally agree with. But even if that were true, her current addiction is far less likely to a) kill her, and b) ruin her children’s lives than her alcoholism was.

Reactions: 19

Fenella

Chatty Member
I have spoken about Davinia on the PH thread. I have pros and cons to her Instagram.

Pros-
she clearly looks good and as others have said here, much better than the group that have carried on drinking etc. and her lifestyle is clearly working for her.

She’s so likeable and down to earth and that obviously leads to her being a great influencer.

She does do chats with Interesting people (maybe not pippa but others).

Cons-

The undisclosed ads is the main one, the one that tipped me over to unfollowing was the ‘link for ease’ comment that was clearly an affiliate link to ketones. Really pissed me off.

The face gym post also made me raise an eyebrow, I don’t believe that after photo wasn’t edited in some way.

I feel a bit bad saying this as her kids her business, but I felt weird when she gave her kids activated charcoal lemonade to clear out the toxins of junk food, it didn’t feel like a healthy approach to moderation.

Also when she gave her kids a bottled protein shake (with veg oils and sweeteners) when they wanted an ice cream- it felt so ‘off brand’ I wondered if it was an ad!

Lastly, and this one isn’t all her fault really but I worry about the dangers of this kind of influencing. That Tim bio hacking dude did a q&a and many of the questions were ‘what do i do with x supplement’ and he’s reply saying ‘well why did you buy it’ and then the reply was ‘well davinia had it’. These sheep don’t even know why they are buying what they are and this isn’t a lipstick or face cream, these are health supplements and super expensive ones at that.

Like I said, last not entirely her fault but still makes me feel a bit weird about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Alfie1234

VIP Member
For all her faults and her obsessive health stuff I can’t help but like her, she’s one of the more genuine influencers out there. Quite often she treats insta like it’s an online diary and just rambles her thoughts. Still not tempted to drink oil or give myself a coffee enema though 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

willawallawooh

Chatty Member
That reel… Jesus, if you’re out for dinner and want some bread just fucking eat it! Life’s too short to have to piss about with concoctions of powder and tablets.

• Haha

Griggsy39

I can’t help but like her,but she talks nonsense. I’m exactly her age, a totally normal weight, sleep great,no hormonal issues,plenty of energy,normal bowel movements,stable mood,can sort my shit out perfectly well. I eat anything,probably all the palm oil in the world,plus bread and all the “killer” foods. Yet she makes me feel like it’s ME who is doing something wrong!! Unless I drop dead of some rapeseed-induced illness tomorrow,then I call bullshit on it all.

• Heart

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Watching, observing and loving. As a fellow North Wester, I like how she has kept her accent and still seems like she would be a laugh on a night out. Would love her to talk about her time with Giggsy in the 90s.

Reactions: 16

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
This liver cleanse that she's gonna do is harsh and anyone who's thinking of doing it had better stay home and keep the bathroom free. It's not for everybody tho so I'm surprised she's encouraging people she doesn't know and has never met and doesn't have their medical history to do it.
Well, her healthy biohacking lifestyle can't be that healthy if she needs to cleanse her liver can it? Cleanse it from what? All the mad supplements she takes?

It's just utter tosh isn't it? No one needs to cleanse their liver or do anything to maintain it other than eating a healthy diet and drinking enough water. Our liver is a cleansing machine, that's its function.

Reactions: 16
My previous posts on the thread, I’ve always been erring on the side of liking her and her ways but being annoyed at her as disclosure etc. But something definitely seems to have tipped the past few weeks- the rambling captions, the chopping and changing of things in desperation, I hope she’s ok but something just doesn’t seem good at the moment.
I agree with everyone saying that they like her, but she’s erratic and has definitely been worse the last few weeks. It’s like she’s now obsessed about being peri menopausal.

What we have to remember is that this is a woman who was so addicted to alcohol that she lost custody of her child, almost lost her life, and had a severe addiction. I think it’s incredible that she has gone from addiction to being sober for ten years, I really am in awe of her. But I do believe that if you have that addictive personality then it’s very possible to just become addicted to something else.

There are worse things to move an addiction to, and I honestly take my hat off to her, I would love to have just half of her willpower. but it’s the fact that she has a platform to influence other people with potentially dangerous information that isn’t suitable for everyone, especially when it comes to hormones that doesn’t sit right with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Pixie06

VIP Member
Might explain Sadie/Davinia fall out!

• Wow
  • Haha

Debarkle

Chatty Member
I saw on Twitter today that when Ryan Giggs was with Davina he broke her nose! And it was all hushed up by United at the time - how awful.

• Wow
  • Angry
I know she’s had Botox but I definitely think she’s had her lips done too 🐤
i agree, she disappeared for a week or so, no stories and when she came back her lips definitely have filler and Botox in her forehead!

I’ve just watched her stories this morning and she just ran through all the pills and powders she pops in a day….. even a suppository to sleep 🙈
And don’t get me started on the pills you take before you eat a takeaway and then one before bed, then one in the morning. She seriously has an eating disorder, binge eats, takes pills then powders and thinks a run will make everything ok! She needs a bloody psychiatrist!

Last edited:
  • Heart